new guy old car (72 w114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy old car (72 w114)

my names josh, I am from brisbane, Australia, I'm into old cars and almost anything low, with simple, tasteful styling.

This is my first car, bought it a couple of months ago and have been slowly working on it since.

1972 230 4 sp manual on the floor with the red interior, just what i was after. (well a w108 would've been nice ) p.s sorry for the shitty iphone 3GS images.

IMG_0989

its had some interesting shit done to it by past owners (crack heads molest cars) and as usual when you rush into a sale in the rain post sunset you get a few things you weren't expecting, most of its just straight forward, rust here and there under a shitty re spray done by a monkey with a rattle can, so pretty quickly it lost its doors and most of its interior, spent a day and had a c*nt of a time with a heat gun a chisel and that black jack type sound deadening shit on the floor that was thrown on to trap water in all kinds of crevices and low points because encouraging your floor to fall out with out warning is a good idea right?

found some aids sprinkled cancer though and thought I should probably make a build thread and get some advice from you good lot.

IMG_1141

IMG_1131

IMG_1128

IMG_1130

IMG_1129

I've quickly cut the worst rust out, but wouldn't mind some friendly advice on how i should proceed, im thinking about cutting it at the bends and welding in some box section, but theres the holes in behind the mounts for the centre panel that goes between the guards, I really want to avoid cutting those because getting it all lined up will be a right fuck around.

and yes i plan to run this thing static and as close to the ground as possible, no i do not plan on any gay as f*ck two tone bullshit or those 22" chromies that seem to be super popular with inbred commodore drivers.

That rust doesn't look to extreme yet, you might have good luck just taking some POR-15 to it.

PS: I'd buy your hubcaps off you if you lived closer. I've been looking for a classic white set for what feels like ages.
    1981 300TD 4 speed
    2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
    , on Flickr
    IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

ive considered just treating it and doing my best to prevent further rust and just leaving it as is, seeing as you dont see that part of the car and that big hole ive cut out sits less than an inch infront of the radiator, but i am not one to encourage sketchy fixes haha

Comment

want to do it properly? shoot me a PM about buying this...

I knew it would come in handy one day... was the best bit of the rustiest merc ive ever seen/killed
        W114 moocedes W115

Comment

super super interested, pm'd ya, the fact that it came out of the rustiest merc you've seen/killed is nothing short of a miracle...
          Last edited by jregi; 09-22-2013, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X