Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project resto: '98 Primera P11 SRi

Whats happenin'

Before I bought the car, I know the previous owner very well and back in the day we always used to go for drives and whilst doing that taking pictures. The car back in 2005 was the fastest n/a primera on the UK owners club, with 186bhp. Which still today is probably just over average.

It was sold in 2010 to his brother, then onto a friend of his locally. I used to have a Nissan Micra and was fed up of spending money on JDM bits (Why I got fed up I don't know) so I texted the owner asking if it was for sale, and yes it was. So December 2012 I became the new owner of this car, and I couldn't believe it. Going from a 54bhp Micra to a car such as this was quite a step I have grown up with Primera's since I was 10, so Primeras mean a lot to me sedimentally too. It was meant to be I suppose.

Anyways a photo of the car back in the day

Then the first time I met Graham and the car, a set of wheels was bought for it and the sticker at the rear had been removed.

Fastforward 3 years

Bought thinking it needed a new thermostat. How wrong was I.

It needed a new radiator a couple of weeks after I bought it, the radiator blew just as I turned up to work one morning. Then two months later in Feb, the engine seized due to it burning more oil than i could fill it up with. It was off the road then for two months.

During it's time off the road, I tried to bring the colour and the plastics back up to scratch, as I don't think it had had a single wash since Graham sold it.

Then since then I have had the new engine constantly leak oil, starter motor wiring issues, a blowing header, replaced it the gasket on that one was rubbish, wheel bearing issues. I gave up but somebody with a heart bigger than his head said if I took it down to him, he'd fixed it for pretty much free. So it is there at the moment, as I write this.

Replaced parts whilst it's there.

Two front hubs
    bonnet
    new rear door as old one was rusty
    engine
    rear brakes
    n/s ball joint
    o/s centre link
    cat hanger bracket

few other bits but I've forgotten them. It's going to return driving like new and it means that I can put the JWT S3R camshafts back in along with a replacement flywheel... which reminds me I haven't put a spec list up yet

P11 SRi:

Cosmetics

Full GT bodykit
    GT bonnet grilles
    17x7.5 Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 alloy wheels
    Nissan rainguards
    Clear rear corner units
    R34 side indicators

Performance:

JWT S3R camshafts
    AEM 3" C.A.I
    AEM Bypass valve
    Hotshot header
    Powerflow 2.5" exhaust with a 3" oval tip back box
    K&N cone filter
    Magnecor HT leads
    Apex-i S-AFC

Suspension/ Brakes

GT 280mm front disk/ calliper conversion up front
    Goodridge braided brake pipes
    Koni shocks
    H&R -35mm lowering springs

Upgrades I have done:

Genuine Apex-i cone filter
    HKS cam gears
    Cusco -10mm upper arms for the front suspension

Upgrades I am going to get:

BC coilovers
    Cusco 4 point front lower brace
    Nismo ARB front and rear
    FiR transmission bushes
    G20.net x-member derlin bolts (iirc)
    JDM xenon front headlights
    G20 rear lights
    JDM Te-V rear spoiler
    Impul rear bumper

-----------------------------------

This is the only post I hope to put up with lots of boring writing in but as it's the first post I just wanted to introduce the car to you all. It has been a surprising journey since I've owned it. A lot more needed doing to it than I thought however has it phased me? not really.

It needs a lot of welding underneath, that is the first priority for me before any of the nice new shiny bits get bought. I want the car to have a solid/ secure shell so I know it's worth spending money on.

I hope one day, to have a car that is worthy of a stanceworks photo. I look at the cars on here and all of them I have looked at are just breathtaking. The phography levels you guys have, the attention to detail in most of the threads here are second to none and I'd like to update this thread showing just how much OCD I have with things too (in a good way!) - The fun will start when the coilovers get bought, but that isn't gonna be for a while until the rust is done.

I'll leave it here, I'll finish with a couple of my favourite photos of the car thus far the photos aren't anything special compared to some I've seen here. When the car takes shape the photos will improve.

I can't wait for the future of this car

Thanks for reading - feedback welcome or even ideas wheels are a difficult option as I quite like the ones on it now but I want a new set when it's stance time.

Originally posted by johnbr6 View Post

Which big red thing is your car?
    IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
      Which big red thing is your car?

wow, now I don't even know. haha

Comment

What part of the UK do you live in?

Comment

I live in the little Island that is Anglesey in North Wales :-)

Comment

Nice clean car, shopping list up the side needs to go though!

Comment

That will be going already taken it off the passenger side. Much cleaner look

Comment

Working...
              X