Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My ///Alpine e36 .. Slow progress, but getting there..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ///Alpine e36 .. Slow progress, but getting there..

Been snooping around this site for a while, and decided to register.
    And well this is my daily.
    Its a 94 325i

****Got it for cheap about a couple yrs ago.. so far ive fixed/bought/replaced
    transmission (didnt have reverse)
    maf sensor
    mirrors
    Blck kidneys
    coilovers
    smoked corners
    smoked the amber on the tail lights
    windows fixed( 2 didnt roll down)
    hood (opened on the fwy and got all twisted)
    couple cooling hoses
    heater core valve
    brakes
    trunk
    replaced winshield
    handle
    fog lights
    frenched highbeams
    m3 bumper
    Im sure i forgot a couple things

****Still gotta couple things to work on.

re-spray the whole car alpine again, maybe even techno violet ")
    a/c tensioner
    Either velocity splitters or rieger lip.
    Some 2 piece wheels. acs preffered.

Well this is how i got the car. ugly as fck..lol, but again, got it for cheap.

Time went by and i got some coilovers,, smoked corners and also a set of snowflakes. painted the lowers but came out kinda shitty

Then ditched the snowflakes and got some contours (17x7.5) square. Also smoked the tail lights.

Then realized the chrme was peeling off the rims on 2 of them and one had a hairline crack, so I fixed them and sold them.

Then came these..Style 32s off a 5 series.
    Rims are 17x8 et20 and 17x9 et26
    Tires are 215/45 and 225/45
    Had to roll the fenders.

Got myself a new bumper, its plastidipped for now till i can save enough to get a full re-spray
    also frenched the high beams and the fogs
    And this is how it is now..
    Still want to re-spray the whole car and maybe get some acs wheels if i can find them

[/QUOTE]

Got some style 5s and took them apart, painted them bmw brnze, , gold bolts, bbs decals, polished the lips, polished hex's

Then i bought these, while still waiting for the gold bols for the style 5s

disasembled, the centers were painted white but clear is a lil faded, have to touch some spots and clrear coat them again.

The finished barrel is from my style 5s, big difference. Gonna get to the other 4 maybe by next week.. my hand already hurts from thinking about it..lol (the center that is in barrel w the polished lip scuffed up)

First one touched up and cleared. had some extra gold vinyl, idk if i should leave it.

Put them back together

And put them infront of the car to get an idea what theyd look like

swapping tires this week and these will be on.

style 32s were gone. installed the style 19s, but think imma have to go with a 10mm spacer in the back. looks good though i think..

And some new pics..
    **** taking pics of the drivers sid. drivers door all the way back, paint is so faded. looking to see if i can vinyl wrap a different color.

Domed the bbs decals today. with some resin.
    Still deciding on bolts. either gonna plate them gold or sell the ones i have and buy gold ones. For now im still rocking the style 19s.

Before.. Just regular decals i got from ebay poland after looking for a while
    Not buying 100 dollar caps just so someone can steal them. They already took my roundels twice.@ different places. Fkcrs

After

Tried them on the style 19s. think i need white ones with gold BBS letters

Ended up selling the style 5 bolts, cause they were gonna charge me way too much to tin plate them, after they had quoted e a certain amount, then they changed their mind.
    Bought new ones.

2 put together, 2 more to go.

got another set

Ordered a set of 12mm spacers for the back with bolts

Test fitted the spacers. Have to roll the back side a lil, fender sits on the tire, Also have to move the lil bumper corner. but looks way better.

With its elder brother.. lol
    Got a set of bbs mahle
    and sold the silver style 5s and the style 19s

Finally on.. mofos look black in the day light, dark brown in the shade.
    Gonna put the 12mm spacers i have in the back maybe this weekend, have to roll fenders a lil.

With caps. not running them, cuz thieves..lol

Some more with the caps on.

And then some random ones

[URL=http://s213.photobucket.com/user/doggyhouses125/media/Mobile%20Uploads/100MEDIAIMAG1392_zpsa4953bba.jpg.html][/URL

]

Dropped the front a bit more .5 - .75 in

Sorry for the cell phone pics. Gonna take some with a real camera soon in the sun. these pics dont do the wheels any justice, they look so dark. in the sun, they do lok sepange bronze.
    Last edited by JE BMW; 09-12-2013, 11:39 PM.

hi

So, what you're saying is that you had the whole package of "OEM wheels that always look great on E36's".

And here I am, trying to get a set of style 19's, 32's ... or even 5's.
    Dammit.

I liked the 19's ... white on white with a polished lip is always a good combo.

The car sits really nice ... no crazy camber and definitely a car that will age good and you'll never get tired of the look.

Congratulations!
    I don't usually like the Sedan E36 but yours is pretty much awesome

Comment

looks really nice.. style 19s is prolly the best looking to me. you should get a set of sides skirts to match... the factory shaped side skirt always looked a lil funky to me uncovered.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOwl View Post
        So, what you're saying is that you had the whole package of "OEM wheels that always look great on E36's".

And here I am, trying to get a set of style 19's, 32's ... or even 5's.
        Dammit.

I liked the 19's ... white on white with a polished lip is always a good combo.

The car sits really nice ... no crazy camber and definitely a car that will age good and you'll never get tired of the look.

Congratulations!
        I don't usually like the Sedan E36 but yours is pretty much awesome
        Yea..lol i love wheels.
        i get them, refinish them, put them on for a while, then sell them and get another set with the same money.

my ultimate goal is to get some 18in arc-8s and then some acs type 1 or 2, 3 piece or any other cool 3 piece wheel with low offset.

Thanks man

hi

Comment

Originally posted by e34///M View Post
          looks really nice.. style 19s is prolly the best looking to me. you should get a set of sides skirts to match... the factory shaped side skirt always looked a lil funky to me uncovered.
          Yea man.. they did look pretty nice, but had them for a while and neded the cash, so i got an offer for them.
          I was really close to getting some racin dynamics like yours. love those wheels too.

And yea. side skirts will come, along with some m3 moldings and then a full re-spray.

hi

Comment

Finished the set of bbs ra/mahlei wanna put them on but i dont have any more dough right now for tires, so i put them up for sale, if i get no buyer, ill put them on eventually. still need caps and longer bolts.
            btw theyre fronts are 16x7 et 11 backs are 16x8 et 24

hi

Comment

2 from last nite

hi

Comment

Working...
              X