No announcement yet.

Swedish 940 Turbo Smurf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good man. I really want that coilover setup you've got!

Comment

still loling at the forest of screws
      normally im a swedish car ***** having been forced to fix a lot of older saabs and volvos earlier in life but im really liking yours, the color is great and the rims fit nicely(btw we did get that color in the US its just they never look that good!)
      ohh and no need to apologize for your english your speaking it better than people supposedly educated in the US.

and did i read that right 10 sec 1/4 mile?!!?!
      keep on keepin on

Comment

Originally posted by parttimeprojectionist View Post
        still loling at the forest of screws
        normally im a swedish car ***** having been forced to fix a lot of older saabs and volvos earlier in life but im really liking yours, the color is great and the rims fit nicely(btw we did get that color in the US its just they never look that good!)
        ohh and no need to apologize for your english your speaking it better than people supposedly educated in the US.

and did i read that right 10 sec 1/4 mile?!!?!
        keep on keepin on
        To the first chapter of your response: thank you, thank you.. thank you, thank you aaand thank you!

No, you did NOT read that right. the panhard bar did a 10s, but on another car (a graphite grey 740TIC looking totally stock on 15" 240 Turbo rims. sick ride)

This will probably NEVER do a 10 second at the drag strip, cause i want the chassies to outdo the engine on somewhat every level. First goal for the engine is 208.2whp, since it would be doubling up what my red GL puts out at the rear wheels. Stupid goal maybe..

Originally posted by Okoye View Post
        Looks good man. I really want that coilover setup you've got!
        Thanks!

I only have bad pics of them, but soon I'll have to take them apart for cleaning hence they will be in another update. But stay tuned, you'll see how they are built eventually.

Speaking of the red 940GL, here it is outside my apartment with my MkII. I had to move the MkII here so the Smurf could take up my garage space.. It looks a little sad without it's 15's so ill post pic of that too

f 8.5x15 w/ 195/45-15 Hankook Ventus II
        r 9x15 w/ 195/45-15 Nankang NS-II
        (dang that img makes the 9j's looks narrow )

Cheers!

Comment

So, time for a small update and a trip down memory lane

The engine is out. Haven't done anything to it yet, and nothing big will be done either. But it has to stop leaking oil and water, and it most certainly have to stop being green...

Somewhat of a memory lane 2013:

Out of it's winter nest

Tinted my headlights, put on tinted US sidemarkers and hung out with some friends
          tonade lysen på Snurrom bredvid Petter och VentoVigge

Petter cleaned his S70T5 up as it was going to be displayed as Top10 Runner Up the day after at "A day at the drag strip"

Also, he was going to compete in the 1/4-mile with his (and a co-workers) 360GLS

Then, in the middle of the night in Skåne, I found this outside an old gas station.

Fredrik designed a card to hang in the rearview mirror and I designed somewhat of a logo and a lowmotion-sticker

Then, beer was necessary as I was following Fredrik in his beautiful Mk4 GTi to BugRun @ Mantorp Raceway

The Smurf alongside a stock 940 (before I lowered it to "final drive height" (height lol))

Time for some coilovers, along with some unnecessary negative camber. Because I could? Dunno.

Then in June it was time for oijoij-societys new event for this year; SuperFitment (SuperStage-driving)

Here alongside Alex's ridicously low 306GTi

Photos by recreation @ the book of face:

Then, by the end of the summer, it looked like this

Finally, some time for vacation at our winter isolated summer house :p

Engine out, engine compartment empty. Should really happen something soon, "I promise"

Comment

Yay!

Scored a job, transporting stuff inside the hospital.

More money, less time..

Working from 11AM to 9PM, not the best garage hours left living close to the north pole

Bought some Volvo Capellas though (8x18 ET49), will move things ―" in every direction

Comment

I really like 940's, so as 850's. Your n9ne is clean as it can be. I think i may buy 940 on next summer, luckily heres a lot of 940's with B230FT engine. I love your volvo
              BMW 525IA Touring -94

Comment

Just read it all, not a diary to me, I like where it's going so far.

In search of my next, to be daily driver, I'm lurkin' at V70(R)'s and S80's too.

Comment

Damn! This makes me wanna stance my 96 850 with the 17 in neptunes i picked up for 100 bucks the other day and go buy me a 940 and stance that too!! Volvo FTW!! lol, nice car dude!
                  "Dont let the opinions of the average man sway you.
                  Dream, and he thinks your crazy.
                  Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky.
                  Aquire wealth, and he thinks your greedy.
                  Pay no attention. He simply does'nt understand"

Comment

"Everything has potential."

Comment

this is a damn well executed 940 . can't wait for more!
                      My Build:

Comment

It's looking good and coming together rather well.

Comment

Originally posted by vjlle View Post
                          I really like 940's, so as 850's. Your n9ne is clean as it can be. I think i may buy 940 on next summer, luckily heres a lot of 940's with B230FT engine. I love your volvo
                          Thank you very much! Here we have a lot of B230FK with the oil cooled pistons, since 940 was not sold N/A between '95 and '98

Originally posted by Suburuuh View Post
                          Just read it all, not a diary to me, I like where it's going so far.

In search of my next, to be daily driver, I'm lurkin' at V70(R)'s and S80's too.
                          Thanks! Hope you'll find some car in good condition to start with. Doesn't matter much what make or model, as long as it gets some clean style and a lot of character

Originally posted by willie@stance View Post
                          Damn! This makes me wanna stance my 96 850 with the 17 in neptunes i picked up for 100 bucks the other day and go buy me a 940 and stance that too!! Volvo FTW!! lol, nice car dude!
                          Just do it! Volvos are reliable containers filled with awesome tyvmty!

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          fok yeh!

Originally posted by philohlean View Post
                          this is a damn well executed 940 . can't wait for more!
                          thank you! i hope i won't disappoint anybody. i will definitely not disappoint myself anyway

Originally posted by bdtrss View Post
                          It's looking good and coming together rather well.
                          tyvmty!

aaaand now, im going to my garage. have to disassemble my engine a bit to get rid of that ridicolous green paint, and make my stupid long gear shift level shortshifted.. will probably bore it a whole lot too, to keep it's weight down..

Comment

SOLD!

painted the engine black and put it back in place and drove somewhat 5000miles this summer..

broke up with my girl and bought a house, sold the 940T and the Golf Mk2..

kept the coilovers, spacers, Arrakis', Capellas and the rear suspension though.. thanks for all the kind words through this sucky thread.

Comment

well hello there, i read it all and iīm sorry that you did reach the end... too bad u didnīt keepīt the car, i have one too... my plate nr is GTC 076 so itīs close to yourīs and even the same colour... i gonna fix a tread here soon.. but nice car u buildt anyway, have it nice.... p.s iīm on garaget too martin81 is my name there, see ya all.

picīs on my ride coming soon... keep watching

Comment

Working...
                              X