No announcement yet.

My Holden VH Commodore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will not address everything that you have said. As that is your opinion only. And arguing over an opinion is like trying argue with a retard.

I am very passionate about cars. That is why i visit this website and the forum.

Comment

BB5 is clever. Wheels look good.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by GetToDaChopa View Post
        I will not address everything that you have said. As that is your opinion only. And arguing over an opinion is like trying argue with a retard.

I am very passionate about cars. That is why i visit this website and the forum.
        All good dude, only reason I put my opinion across is in the hope that you may take on some of what I have said... Not to argue or e-fight. Sometimes you only have to throw a suggestion out there for people to realise what you are trying to say... 90% of the time people are to thick to see that and take it on as an attack...

Im glad you are not one of the 90%
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Nice lookin' ride, and rims.. and stop the goddamnhatin, if he wanted fake wheels, so be.. Its still lookin hawt
          -96 Chevrolet S10 (DD)
          -85 Saab 900 (Project)
          PhotoBlog
          Spotted In Narvik

Comment

looks great so far, awesome to see someone giving a bit of a different treatment to these old girls. A little bit more stretch would probably help too

Comment

looks good, not many people run fitment on commodores

but i must say you shoud've bought genuine
              i bought a set of 17" RS from Japan delivered for a less the the BB5 reps
              also bought a set of BBS LMs for a steal from Japan

its all there if you look for it

anyways, back to the positive, you are on the right track with the look of the car

if you want any help finding good wheels let me know
              Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Appreciate all the feedback. The car is no where near done or to a point that im happy with it, so it's still work in progress. So i fitted the rest of the wheels although i need to do more guard rolling. more photos....

Was putting the car in all different possisions to see if there is any scrubage....

Last edited by GetToDaChopa; 10-19-2010, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Never seen a stanced (or nearly stanced) Commodore before. Especially an older model. Looks awesome man, but needs more lows

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                    This is untrue. I have 2 sets of extremely rare wheels coming from Japan that I bought for a steal... If you want nice/rare wheels they are easy to source from Japan and arent as expensive as people make out. The part I dont understand is why people dont actually try to find these avenues and instead go the lazy route and buy reps... I though building cars was about quality and detail.... Supporting companies that make quality parts and not supporting the ones that rip them off..
                    its ok if you drive a JDM and to a lesser extent an eudm car but if you drive something with an oddball PCD it makes getting something worthwhile a hell of a lot harder, for instance my hk holden (my current "project") has a pcd of 5 x 107.95 and the non-custom built wheels that you can get for it look like shit and there are very few manufacturers in australia that will custom make wheels to the right specs without charging you some ridiculously unaffordable price..

i looked at a set of simmons wheels for my ute, the guy wanted 5 grand! for them i nearly died!!

my mate just got a quote from rotiform for a set of wheels for his porsche and they wanted $3800, and thats not including shipping or our ridiculous customs taxes
                    i'm not for a minute having a go at rotiform, I freakin <3 their stuff..

its just frustrating that people knock someone for being realistic and getting the best they can for a price they can afford, shitty centre caps aside i think the wheels on this look great.. just needs way more low

Comment

A hk is a different story when it comes to finding wheels... All I was saying is that commodore stud patern is almost exact bmw stud pattern and on Yahoo Japan you can find almost any set of wheels for any patter in any size... Not just jap wheels either, There are litterally thousands of euro wheels on there, just have to know where and how to look

Since this has solid diff in it have you thought about slightly smaller tires to bring it down at all? I never thought 17's would look so big on a commodore haha!
                      Originally posted by anth
                      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Yes as i said this is just start. I will be looking at much lower profile tyres in the future as well as lowering the whole car a bit more. and possible 225 at the back and 215 on the front.

Comment

Nice work - I too am working on a VH - albeit a wagon version and heaps rattier..

I have 15" steels on mine currently and am trying to source some 17" steels and will have them widened to fill the guards.... (I know what I need just need to find them as they only come out on certain cars as spare rims)

What springs did you use to lower yours? I have a set of super low dobinsons that could do with taking to with a Makita.. But airbags is my eventual goal so they can stay as is for the meantime..

Mine

Some Opel pics for some motivation (same as VC Commodore with mesh/BBS and a decent slam)

Last edited by kk-kolonel; 10-19-2010, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks for pics Kolonel. Currently i'm on low springs ( ithink SL). i should have gone for super low springs (SSL?). But i'll be sorting something out another time. Also it's been so long i forgot the brand i used.

Comment

So got my adjustable paniamveryhard rod

I got it PERFECT, i've estimated how much needs to be unscrewed and both the left and the right wheels are exactly the same distance now from each guard. its perfect.

Comment

Nice car, congrats on finding the wheels, I like the BBS over the previous wheels.

Guys you should really look at buying your wheels from yahoo japan, you cant get much better of a varitety and you will find wheels at ridiculous prices. I use importmonster to import them and they give great service.

Comment

Working...
                                X