No announcement yet.

What's an Alfa Romeo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great project,can't wait to see some progress.
    I own a 75(euro milano name) 1,8 Turbo myself,currently working on putting on an original Evo bodykit.

Alfa 75 1,8 Imola Turbo #BecauseRacecar
    Audi A4 B6 Avant 1,8t quattro S-Line #Bagged
    Fiat Panda 1,2 Dynamic

Comment

Tonight,

i disassembled some of the DeDion, Axles and Watts links.

I could have removed it last, but i wanted to get it out of the way. The Rear sway bar came out, i took the Endlinks off and the bushings were so shot, i thought i could easily press them out, apparently it was a little harder than i thought....

ooops. In the clamps defense, it was wimpy anyways.

After all that, i dropped the remaining. wasnt too bad.

These brakes had only been used for maybe 5 drives, and they look like rusty crap. Calipers were leaking, and theyre going to need some work.

Comment

Just a quit update.

Well over the past couple days,I didnt have a lot of time. I started tackling this rear wheel bearing job. OH JOY, is all i can say lol.

One side was, the bearing was grinding and growling, i could tell it was shot.

Other side was making no noise, but lots of play, either way im doing both bearings since im going all out here.

I took the big 36mm spindle nut off. One side took a breaker bar + a cheater pipe to get loose. The other side, i tried the same trick and ended up breaking my breaker bar :no:. So i took it into my work, used my buddies 800ft lb Snap On gun and zipped it right off. Pulled the splines out, and began to get the hubs out.

Anyways, i hooked up the slide hammer, and within a couple good hard pulls, off came the hubs.

That bearing that was grinding and growling? Yeaaaah....

Looks like reese peanut butter, if you ask me.
        The race was stuck to the hub, but nothing a little specialty tool couldnt do to pull it right off there. Im kicking myself now, because instead of being helpful, i forgot to take pictures of the tools being used for any reference for someone. Other bearing stayed in tact

After all this, i did some research on best methods on getting those pesky retaining rings out. Some say special tool, some say make the tool. I took a chisel, and a hammer. The passenger side came out like a charm. The painful Reverse- threaded driver side, took some heat from the oxyacetylene and another trick. After tapping with a chisel, and still no movement. From the heat of the torch, i then took a birthday candle, and let the wax melt down into the threads to help loosen then grip it hand. I had heard about this trick, but never actually tried it. I was skeptical, but if youre doing this job, you could go out on a limb like me and try it.

After i succeeded in a total of about 10 mins when some said it would take possibly hours, a victory of not doing much for the rest of the evening and after working all day, I decided to clean my hubs up with the surfacing wheel, and call her quits.

Wheels should be here by the beginning of the week, and a massive parts list will be placed in order to get something rolling anyways...

Until another day...

Comment

Ive been absent from here, but not a whole lot going on. Terrible weather has put a hault to just about everything here in Maryland.

short progress, but none the less, progress.

Removed the majority of the rest of what was hanging under there to be replaced. Fuel tank drained, fuel pump removed, most of the fuel lines, exhaust, and a few other little things.

Downpipes have seen better days, but plan on having new ones made as these were IAP header/downpipe combo i bought used (clearly) from a member here. I will have a pretty low ride height in the end so they where they are smashed, will be delt with so it doesnt happen again later.

Fuel lines removed

Today,

crappy pictures, but my wheels arrived.

Esm 001 17x8 offset +35 with hubcentric rings.

Did a quick test fit. Will need a 15-20mm spacer in the front to achieve what im aiming for and havent decided on 27mm or 30mm torsion bars im going with, before i lower it more.

I have a 215/45/17 tire and a 225/45 im going to mount and see if i want to go with one of them.

I had an old crappy 215/45/17 i got from my work, and threw it on there to see what it would look like. Cant tell if the tires so crappy and wore out or if its the stretch. Ill be running a nice Nitto tire i believe, i may have to run a 225 instead.

I went with a 35mm offset, which fit nicely. I think if i woudlve went with a 20mm offset, it wouldve been too much. For the front i may only have to run a 10 mm spacer to achieve what im after. The rear i cant test fit until the DeDion axle is back in.

Underneath the rear flairs, giant rust issue.

I started stripping the whole car out. Everything is getting new lines, rust issues taken care of, and complete interior restore.

In the mean time, my friend took some pictures of my 164S.

ive just been accumulating parts. Just need a few more parts and try to find the time to do everything before the beginning of May.

Picked up a nice 6pt bolt in cage from a member on here. pretty excited about it!

Bought some second hand 33mm torsion bars also from a member here.

I had a Corbeau harness laying around i tested on my Trophys. Dont know if i like them, so i may go with different harness'.

Got the interior pretty well torn down. test fitted my harness bar before i got my cage, doesnt work very well haha. Anyways, minimizing all the accessories in the car. Since im running no interior, im going to make it very clean and hide all the wires the best i can. Once it gets a little warmer i can attempt to repaint the interior and start getting the cage and everything else together.

Pretty much all theres been.

Comment

In for pictures of the new daily...
            2007 Dodge Caliber AWD R/T
            Mopar or No Car

Comment

American Alfista, nice! These Alfa Romeo 75 Milano is even rare here in Croatia, And as far as i know even in Italy. Nice work.

Comment

i like:

1. your car
                2. your wheel choice
                3. reading thru this
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

lookin pretty sick and progressive, good job. i'll be stickin around

Comment

I'm lovin' the progress on this car. I've rarely seen these in Texas and whenever I do, it usually in a junkyard, rotting away. Surprised to hear that they can be found in the US.

Subscribed!
                    sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Working...
                    X