Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another E30 build.... (a.k.a. The Bronzit B*tch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the trans pulled this past week and had some more parts come in, the biggest thing being a lightened single mass flywheel to work with the new clutch. Also made my screamer pipe!

IMG_20170527_223525

IMG_6653

IMG_6656

I know that this JB welded oil return bung is ghetto, I plan on building a custom pan and oil pickup so when thats done Ill properly weld on one.

IMG_6660

Heres an almost complete picture of the screamer, will get some pics of it installed and wrapped later

IMG_6659

Heres the exhaust by the way, incredible work done by Nick!

IMG_6654

IMG_6655

Also here is one of the driveshaft bolts that I pulled out, it got loose on the way back from h2oi and I could feel it vibrating, tightened it when I got home and drove the car to FCF and Staggered. Dont worry I ordered new ones lol

IMG_6664
    Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
    1987 325e
    1987 325IS

Comment

• Updates look great, this car is going to be a lot of fun when it's back on the road.

Comment

• Clutch is on, barely used Clutchmasters FX400 6 puck

IMG_20170529_103923

And here is the screamer pipe, dumps into the passenger wheel-well

IMG_20170529_134349

1999 M Coupe
        1987 325e
        1987 325IS

Comment

• WOWWZZA.

Great build.

What is this new embed feature with Flickr? I haven't seen that before.

Comment

• Ver very interesting!

I have the same manifold and turbo Setting, can you send me some pictures of your oil-return on the turbo side?
            It is so close to the manifold in my car :-(
            Which ECU do you want to use? Which injectors? I have 440ccm ...

built looks very cool, i think i have to post my project here, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by GWerke View Post
              Ver very interesting!

I have the same manifold and turbo Setting, can you send me some pictures of your oil-return on the turbo side?
              It is so close to the manifold in my car :-(
              Which ECU do you want to use? Which injectors? I have 440ccm ...

built looks very cool, i think i have to post my project here, too.
              Im running an ECU Master EMU with siemens deka 60# injectors.

So the car is mechanically done, or at least I think it is... got everything buttoned up and put back together. Transmission went back in very nicely and the new clutch feels so much better than stock, also got the exhaust back on and the O2 and wideband sensors wired up. Also replaces some parts and hardware with the driveshaft out as well as the trans seals and rear main seal on the engine. Just need to do oil and filter, as well as trans fluid and then she'll be off to the Tuner which should be next week or so at Quantum Race Works with Steve Andrews. Once its back im going to do a basic hardline setup in the back and shell be ready to rip, at least thats the plan.

IMG_6679

IMG_6699

IMG_6684

Also found out that Rennstall knobs fit on AKG shifters!

IMG_6708

1999 M Coupe
              1987 325e
              1987 325IS

Comment

• So stoked=) I liked the Hartge kit but I really love your car with the diving boards
                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Sorry for the lack of posts lately, have run into some issues and changed things up to get this going. Ran into a bunch of issues with the ECU Master stuff which sucked but got my money back from them and swapped to an RK Tunes setup which is chip and MAF based which is whatever. Got that stuff in and the car fired right up!

IMG_7148

IMG_7146

IMG_7143

IMG_20170815_211624

IMG_7151

Drove it a total 8/10ths of a mile before it broke...

IMG_20170816_184756

It was two things that broke. first off the oil return from the turbo broke off and poured oil everywhere so that was cool and I need to fix that. Second the fuel pump started cutting out and the car died, still not sure where the exact problem was but it was electrical and is now fixed, but was a total bitch to diagnose.

IMG_7150

IMG_7152

IMG_7153

IMG_7155

Also had a small leak from the turbo feed but thats fixed.

IMG_7154

Will have updates when its up and running right, im scheduled to have it tuned this saturday at RK in Long Island.

1999 M Coupe
                  1987 325e
                  1987 325IS

Comment

• Just finished reading whole thread.Damn your car is such a dream would love something like that next to mine 190e in garage

Comment

• So fixed all my issues and got the car running again. Gave her a much needed wash and clay bar in preparation for her turn on the dyno at RK Tunes. Incredible how much dirt came off the car after sitting for so long and even after a wash!

IMG_7222

IMG_7219

Made the 3 hour ride down to Long Island on saturday where i met Jordan, the owner of RK, to get the old girl tuned and running nicely. Got her strapped on by 10:30 and Jordan went to work getting it all set up. Started doing some pulls and noticed that boost was creeping up pretty significantly, to the 14psi range on a 7lb wastegate spring, tried a few different things to address the issue but no luck. So to tune the car fully we put in 5 gallons of MS109 to help with detonation and then went for it. Car ran super strong the whole time with the only other issue being that under higher boost it would push out a little oil around where the dipstick tube hits the oil pan, no big deal.

IMG_7238

IMG_7241

IMG_7245

After two hours of tuning the car was where we wanted it to be and performed very well throughout the session. As for power, it made 393WHP and 326LB/FT on about 14lbs of boost, well past my expectations! Couldnt be happier with the results and plan on fixing the boost creep issue and running it at 11-12lbs which im guessing will be good for 340-350WHP.

2017-08-31_12-42-29
                      Last edited by K-Line; 08-31-2017, 11:46 AM.

1999 M Coupe
                      1987 325e
                      1987 325IS

Comment

• Damn nearly 400whp...I bet this thing is so much fun to drive around

Comment

• Great shows to end the year, the first being Staggered in Springfield MA!

IMG_8005

IMG_8030

IMG_8033

And then FCF '17!

IMG_8061

IMG_8170

IMG_8162

Also, my dad picked up a new ride last weekend, its rad and rips through the field at 80 no issue!

IMG_8181

1999 M Coupe
                          1987 325e
                          1987 325IS

Comment

• That power curve is so linear! I am super jealous of that.

My brother just picked up a '17 Raptor and I'm ready for some fun in that!
                            Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• So winter activities have begun, pulled the motor to get going on that. Plan power wise this winter is to do a cutring head gasket, reseal the whole motor and trans, custom shortened pan and oil pickup, and relocate the wastegate so that it actually does its job. So all that will go pretty quick. And since I have the engine out Im stripping out all of the bed liner and painting the bay, i wouldnt call it shaved but itll be cleaned up a ton. other things will happen too but those will be discussed as they happen.

IMG_8331

on the stand

IMG_8332

IMG_8334

had a leak on the manifold, the gaskets that came with the manifold where total trash

IMG_8337

IMG_8341

IMG_8340

IMG_8343

IMG_8344

1999 M Coupe
                              1987 325e
                              1987 325IS

Comment

• This looks awesome. Thumbs up!!

Comment