Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another E30 build.... (a.k.a. The Bronzit B*tch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, welcome back!

Comment

• This build is truly amazing, just read this thread front to back. Glad you decided to keep this beautiful bronzit sedan. A turbo build is going to be sweet, I like where this is going!

Comment

• So Sick!

Comment

• Parts are arriving! A big piece of the puzzle came in today...

IMG_20170224_195027
          Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
          1987 325e
          1987 325IS

Comment

• More parts showing up slowly, still waiting on the actual turbo which has been delayed due to weather but should be here soon. So far ive installed the ARP headstuds, 60lb injectors, and drilled the pan for the oil return line. Today I received my manifold and new wastegate-less HX35 hot side so i did a quick test fit!

IMG_20170302_213938

IMG_20170303_131638

1999 M Coupe
            1987 325e
            1987 325IS

Comment

• Things are moving along and parts are flowing in, hoping to have the car at my buddies soon to get going on the exhaust and intercooler piping which is all going to be top notch. Ran into a few issues per usual including a small ball dropping down an oil galley into the pan, the turbo wont clear the hood due to my engine risers, and the adapter for the ECU burnt out instantly when I tried booting it up for the first time. All of those are fix or are on their way to being fixed though, will have updates.

Heres the ECU adapter, I sent it back in and theyre fixing the issue...

IMG_20170310_231409

Turbo mounted up with the new hot side, wouldnt clear the vanity cover so it had to be trimmed up

IMG_6291

IMG_6288

Also I picked up a new commuter/daily to keep the miles down on the M coupe, 1987 325IS with 92k miles and im only the second owner; very clean car!

IMG_6278

1999 M Coupe
              1987 325e
              1987 325IS

Comment

• Boost! I like where this is going.

Comment

• Bought a daily for your daily

Comment

• many parts flowing in, including Max PSI ICV lines, and all of my AN lines have come in too which are awesome! need to get some scrap from work and make a catch can now. Saturday Im bringing the car to my fabricators place to get the turbo back exhaust and intercooler piping run.

IMG_20170402_172619

IMG_20170402_172600

1999 M Coupe
                    1987 325e
                    1987 325IS

Comment

• Read through your thread a handful of times and just recently saw you post that picture of the turbo mounted on insta! glad you're keeping the car! definitely stoked for you!
                      Instagram : @GriffinGravel

E36 coupe M52 swap thread

Comment

• WOOOOOO NEW FORUMS!

UPDATES TOO!

Been getting updates on the fab work, should have the car back in a day or two! Full 304L stainless 3" turbo back exhaust and custom intercooler setup. Turbo has been rebuilt and I got the ecu adapter back from ECU Master so well see how that goes when I get it back.

IMG_8089

IMG_8091

IMG_3661

IMG_8085_01

2017-04-30_08-29-05

1999 M Coupe
                        1987 325e
                        1987 325IS

Comment

• Fab work is done for the most part, just need to finish up some small things in that department. Other than that its just a bunch of small things and then getting the car tuned properly!

IMG_6433

IMG_6432

IMG_6430

IMG_6424

IMG_6425

1999 M Coupe
                          1987 325e
                          1987 325IS

Comment

• updates look good

Comment

• getting things wrapped up and ordering the final parts to get this thing on the road, waiting on the last of the parts before I get it on the lift to do the clutch and other things that are generally a bitch to do. clutch I got from a friend is a clutchmasters 6 puck, its used but has plenty of life left.

IMG_6467

Also did my annual bumper cleaning just, went into it a little more serious this year lol

IMG_6463

IMG_6464

wrapped up my downpipe as well as part of my manifold to keep some heat off the bedliner that i foolishly painted the bay with..

IMG_6448

also built myself a breather tank, bought a cheap one off of amazon and adjusted it to my needs, shortened and added AN fitting

IMG_6451

IMG_6453

IMG_6450

but things are moving along, hope to have it running within two weeks. the pile of parts is slowly getting smaller

IMG_6468

IMG_6461

1999 M Coupe
                              1987 325e
                              1987 325IS

Comment

• Didn't think I could possibly enjoy this build more once you finished the kit.

Thanks for proving me wrong.
                                My Build:

Comment

Working...
                                X