Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another E30 build.... (a.k.a. The Bronzit B*tch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Exami View Post
    Nice build, really like how you are working to make the engine look good aswell, details make these cars pop in the end!

Hopefully in your car that shifter works well, on my Merc i have bit problems with 'similar' shifter(Not AKG but idea is the same), might be cause of the original type of enginemounts so on braking the engine + gearbox leans bit so gearlever also leans and gears wont go so easily.. i can live with it but its not 'perfect' thats why on 2nd project benz i went for full on oem shifter type.
    Yeah I was worried about that but im running solid motor mounts, cupped trans mounts, and poly mounts in the rear; the solid engine mounts should keep it from leaning forwards/backwards.
    Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
    1987 325e
    1987 325IS

Comment

• one of my favorite builds. keep it up man
      Mississippi.

Comment

• Originally posted by IV. View Post
        one of my favorite builds. keep it up man
        Thank you sir, I really appreciate it!

1999 M Coupe
        1987 325e
        1987 325IS

Comment

• So I did a thing.....

IMG_6289

Decided to paint the engine bay with bed liner! It looked terrible before and I didnt want to actually paint it so I wanted something that world look good and hide the blemishes. Herculiner was the answer lol almost done painting everything! heres a closer look, rough and rubbery!

IMG_6277

Also have come across a few little hiccups; going to run solid control arm mounts to make room for the headers and then I also just noticed that the flange on the trans is a different size than the flange on the driveshaft so I have to figure out what I have to do about that.

More to come soon!

1999 M Coupe
          1987 325e
          1987 325IS

Comment

• After plenty of research ive found out that I cannot switch the output flanges so i will be needing a drive shaft, and since ill be taking out the driveshaft I might as well pull the rear diff and subframe. Also might get an LSD right now if I can come up with the funds lol

Ok so heres the list of what i need right now:

1. O2 sensor
            2. Bimmerworld solid control arm mounts
            3. Manual 325i driveshaft
            4. AKG poly bushings for the whole rear end
            5. CSB
            6. guibo

1999 M Coupe
            1987 325e
            1987 325IS

Comment

• Picks of the (almost) completed engine install tonight!

In the mean time Ive had time to finally paint the struts after I converted them to coils!

Tape em up...

Untitled

And finished

Untitled

Also have some small parts, mainly fasteners and clips coming so the whole front end can go back together, and also will hopefully have it running in the near future!

1999 M Coupe
              1987 325e
              1987 325IS

Comment

• And here she is, still meed an m3 harness cover and a few other things but here she is for the most part!

IMG_6322

IMG_6321

Gonna try to start her up next time im home and hope that it goes easy!

Also took some time to show off how beautiful our S14 sounds with a proper exhaust!

1999 M Coupe
                1987 325e
                1987 325IS

Comment

• Some awesome junk yard finds today! Vinces-U-Pull-It in Utica is huge and always has some nice E30s and E36s to find parts off of!

Untitled

Some ellips to update the look of the car plus there A LOT brighter!

IMG_6359

Found a brand new starter in an E36 too, and for $22 I wasnt letting it go!

IMG_6364

And then a perfect pair of late model tails, which are for sale fyi!

IMG_6365

Also got some late model fog lights among other parts! Also im looking into a little something special for the interior!

1999 M Coupe
                  1987 325e
                  1987 325IS

Comment

• If any of you E30 owners need a set of minty late model (plastic bumper) tail lights or a set of ellips let me know!

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

1999 M Coupe
                    1987 325e
                    1987 325IS

Comment

• running??

Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

• I would like to start with this:

Runs and idles nice and smooth, exactly what I wanted to hear after not running for so long!

Have a few more things to button up in the bay like finishing the the brakes and putting an air filter on.

Also dropped the fronts as low as possible to see where it sat lol

Happy with that! Nice height!

Now that the motor is running I have to get the power tp the rear end so I pulled the old driveshaft and have to get one from an e36 which I already have found. Also sold my driveshaft to eethirty!

How she sits now! Also waiting for an exhaust and control arm bushings....

More to come next weekend! Must have it done by the 26th for the first show! If anyone from central NY can come out to it please do! My buddy Matt that I went to school with passed away a short time ago so some of the money made will be going to his kids!

1999 M Coupe
                        1987 325e
                        1987 325IS

Comment

• I love to see progress!

1999 M Coupe
                          1987 325e
                          1987 325IS

Comment

• DOPE, engine bay looks proper. now just need m3 firewall cover

Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by eethirty View Post
                              DOPE, engine bay looks proper. now just need m3 firewall cover
                              Dude I know, things would be a lot nicer!

Also got my driveshaft from Vinces U-Pull-It for $42, cant complain at all!!! Hopefully will be drivable this weekend minus the exhaust which will be next weekend!

1999 M Coupe
                              1987 325e
                              1987 325IS

Comment

• I did a thing.... excuse the monster truck status

First Burnout

1999 M Coupe
                                1987 325e
                                1987 325IS

Comment

Working...
                                X