Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another E30 build.... (a.k.a. The Bronzit B*tch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by K-Line View Post
    HEY NEW YORKERS (UPSTATE) OR NEAR BY STATES! Im looking for wheels! Im trying to find a set of 3 piece wheels, not being specific cause im open to different options, preferably in 4x100 and 16"!

Also would be interested in Schmidts!

Also prefer non-refinished and cheaper, let me know what you got!

Pissed cause I missed out on a set of clean BBS RC041's and a set of Speedline Minstrals, both for well under $1k
    Yea, sell him some so i can buy his DR's. And i have a can of bronzit son i told you. Shouldn't have bought that

Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

• I said before that someone on my campus has an e30 with a zender apron and kamei skirts, well if I can get ahold of him im gonna try to buy it. Here she is!

Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
      1987 325e
      1987 325IS

Comment

• Going home this weekend to once again hopefully put the engine in and get it running!

Also I had an idea, im sure you all have seen the Hella 500 auxiliary lights on Robs car Gonzo, well I want to see if i can mount the same or similar lights behind my grill in the same space between my kidneys and high beams. Its definitely deep enough especially without the AC condenser in there

Pics for reference:

Ill do some measurements this weekend!

1999 M Coupe
        1987 325e
        1987 325IS

Comment

• Once you get everything up and driving could you let me know what you think of the bilstein and gc kit combo? I've been thinking about doing that for sometime now but I'm not sure the Billy's can handle the springs. Great build btw keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bahaa425 View Post
            Once you get everything up and driving could you let me know what you think of the bilstein and gc kit combo? I've been thinking about doing that for sometime now but I'm not sure the Billy's can handle the springs. Great build btw keep it up!
            I drove the car before the start of the swap for about 1500 miles, with the old 2.7(about 50lbs lighter than the m50) it drove nicely. Ive read other opinions about running billys at those rates being a little bouncy but i havent really noticed it, at the height im at its gonna be a little bouncy. Next time around im gonna try knoi's which supposedly have better dampening capabilities.

And thanks!!

1999 M Coupe
            1987 325e
            1987 325IS

Comment

• Originally posted by K-Line View Post
              I drove the car before the start of the swap for about 1500 miles, with the old 2.7(about 50lbs lighter than the m50) it drove nicely. Ive read other opinions about running billys at those rates being a little bouncy but i havent really noticed it, at the height im at its gonna be a little bouncy. Next time around im gonna try knoi's which supposedly have better dampening capabilities.

And thanks!!

Thanks man I appreciate the feedback,my e36 is on hr race springs right now with the top hats removed but it isnt stiff or low enough lol was thinking of getting like 450/550# springs, just wasnt sure if itd be too bouncy. I love your e30 man ive always wanted one, just dont have the funds lol

Comment

• updates?

Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

• Okay okay here is what went down this weekend!

First things first, I had to prep the family jewel for this upcoming season! Pumped to finally drive one of these beauties to the limit at LRP!

Then Brandy Lynn finally got what she needed, a new heart! The M50 went in extremely smooth, I got it in entirely by myself just needed a little help from my dad lining up the engine mounts!

Im super excited that its sitting in the car finally, soon to be running finally!

I was also able to hook up the AKG shifter to the trans, I love it! Super notchy and short but still easy to find gears!

1999 M Coupe
                  1987 325e
                  1987 325IS

Comment

• Originally posted by Bahaa425 View Post
                    Thanks man I appreciate the feedback,my e36 is on hr race springs right now with the top hats removed but it isnt stiff or low enough lol was thinking of getting like 450/550# springs, just wasnt sure if itd be too bouncy. I love your e30 man ive always wanted one, just dont have the funds lol
                    SR sound decent but i would bump them up a little bit for the e36, and thanks a lot man!

1999 M Coupe
                    1987 325e
                    1987 325IS

Comment

• Well im up at school again, patiently waiting to get the car wired up and running....

In the mean time...

1999 M Coupe
                      1987 325e
                      1987 325IS

Comment

• BMW's and jager... someone likes to party!
                        Hi, my name is Dom and i like to party.

IG - Cinemodd

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinemod View Post
                          BMW's and jager... someone likes to party!
                          hahahaha maybe a little....

1999 M Coupe
                          1987 325e
                          1987 325IS

Comment

• Moar moar!!

Comment

• Originally posted by oprahhwinfreyy View Post
                              Moar moar!!
                              Soon soon!! Ill be home for spring break on thursday, so there will be more to come over the next two weeks!

1999 M Coupe
                              1987 325e
                              1987 325IS

Comment

• Nice build, really like how you are working to make the engine look good aswell, details make these cars pop in the end!

Hopefully in your car that shifter works well, on my Merc i have bit problems with 'similar' shifter(Not AKG but idea is the same), might be cause of the original type of enginemounts so on braking the engine + gearbox leans bit so gearlever also leans and gears wont go so easily.. i can live with it but its not 'perfect' thats why on 2nd project benz i went for full on oem shifter type.
                                Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
                                Now: MB W211 320cdi
                                Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

Working...
                                X