X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks guys!

More progress last night.

Got the headlight buck-/inlet all put together:

And while everything was apart I cleaned, scuffed and shot the bay. Kind of a backyard job, but it's MILES better than it was. a little polish and wet sanding and it's looking quite tasty!

before:

after (sorry the late night photos are kinda bogus):
    IG: @PiscitelliDesign

Comment

• Omni

Awesome...car. I have an 85... posting pics now. Keep the GLH alive!

Comment

• very cool...

Comment

• Thats fancy
          "Nord's armor has lots of fur. This sometimes makes M'aiq nervous." -M'aiq The Liar

THIS GL-10 IS PRETTY COOL!

Stay up to date with my '86 Subaru GL-10 build on Instagram with @billytheboobaru

"At least if your car is going to die, might as well die under WOT giving it the beans"

Comment

• Mooooooooaaaaaar

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

• This car demands a set of SSR MK I,II or III's. Keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                This car demands a set of SSR MK I,II or III's. Keep it up!
                Never been a huge fan of mk1s for my own ride but I do love me some 2's and 3's. Unfortunately My car is a 5 lug, so shy of going the adapter route, I'm shit outta luck on that front. Better off, i guess, since i'd be wheel rich and broke as hell if I could run em.

So this is the type of shit that makes a 15 minute job turn to a 2 hour job... the starter and fan relay are dingy. Cant have that. Why not sand and polish em? What the hell is wrong with me?

Mo' progress on starting to re assemble everything and mock up the induction. Cleaned everything, painted some bits and pieces and re-wrapped the harness.
                One day maybe I'll go the route of hiding all the ugly and really making the bay nice, but at this point, I'm fine with it being clean and shiny, albeit a clean and shiny rats nest:

Hard to see since the photo kinda stinks, but the turbo intake is all plumbed up to the headlight bucket scoop. Now it's gotta come apart to I can cast-coat the piping to match the upper IC piping:

Comment

• That headlight scoop looks great. Really period-correct.

As far as the carpet, I have read mixed reviews on the aftermarket stuff. It all seems to come from the same manufacturer though. What do you think about it? Pretty worth it aside from having to punch a bunch of holes and trim it over and over again? I know it is supposed to form better over time and with heat so I was curious since you've had it all in for over a month now.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheaptalon View Post
                    That headlight scoop looks great. Really period-correct.

As far as the carpet, I have read mixed reviews on the aftermarket stuff. It all seems to come from the same manufacturer though. What do you think about it? Pretty worth it aside from having to punch a bunch of holes and trim it over and over again? I know it is supposed to form better over time and with heat so I was curious since you've had it all in for over a month now.
                    All and all, it's ok. Not the best but not the worst either. From an outsiders perspective, looking into the car, it looks pretty damn nice. But to me (maybe i'm being over critical here), but It feels like the mold that they used to punch it to shape was balled off so hard that that none of the corners are deep enough. It just doesn't lay right. I'm sure it'll get better in time, but if my old carpet wasn't cut up and pretty much destroyed, i woulda done everything I could to save it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dart165 View Post
                      All and all, it's ok. Not the best but not the worst either. From an outsiders perspective, looking into the car, it looks pretty damn nice. But to me (maybe i'm being over critical here), but It feels like the mold that they used to punch it to shape was balled off so hard that that none of the corners are deep enough. It just doesn't lay right. I'm sure it'll get better in time, but if my old carpet wasn't cut up and pretty much destroyed, i woulda done everything I could to save it.
                      Thanks for the heads up. I might just try to salvage what I have because little things like that tend to drive me nuts and I might never be happy.

Comment

• Onto the passenger side:

Comment

• In paint:

Comment

• While I was waiting for the paint to set, I decided to tackle assembling the rear of the interior. My dog had other plans though, and I didn't have the heart to move him outta my way...

Such a hard life...

Last of the intake piping is cast coated:

Now final assembly... stay tuned!

Comment

• Excellent progress lately=) I really like everything you've done thus far
                              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Thanks!

Took a break to hit up woodward in my other car.

Couple of hose clamps and a few more hours of messing around and the bomni should be rolling by tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X