No announcement yet.

Who the hell stances out a Dodge Omni?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old carpet was rough as hell and beyond saving, so as much as i **** repop carpets, i bough the bullet and purchased one. Why do I disdain them? In my experience, they NEVER fit right, and they are a major pain in the ass to install,

Before any of that however, I needed to do something about the trans tunnel. There's a 3" exhaust pipe running the length of it and it sucked up pretty tight so it puts off a LOT of heat.. so much so, that it melted parts of the old carpet, which is never good.

Got some of the Eastwood sound/Heat shield sheets and coated it over in the problem areas.

Test fit the new carpet... not super great fitment, but a lot newer/nicer than the old rags to i'll make it work.

Puppy approves.

IG: @PiscitelliDesign

Comment

• I just read through every page of this during a meeting at work. Truly a fantastic build. Maybe one day I'll catch it out at local show if you're still living in the area

Comment

• Originally posted by Svt1391 View Post
        I just read through every page of this during a meeting at work. Truly a fantastic build. Maybe one day I'll catch it out at local show if you're still living in the area
        Thanks. I'm around. As soon as the interior is back in, it'll assume daily driver status again. I'll probably hit the Woodward circuit now and then, but let me know if there are any relevant shows/things worth doing.

To match the shifter assembly, I stripped down the e-brake:

Comment

• slowly coming together; Got the polished up shifter/e-brake remounted and all the holes punch through the new carpet... what a pain in the ass.

Comment

• more minor updates:
            Replaced the ugly hardware on the steering wheel with some button heads

Old:

New. Small detail, but makes a difference none the less.

Last edited by dart165; 07-07-2014, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• While i'm waiting for my buddy to come over so we can weld the tabs on the rear strut towers (i'm tying them together), I decided to clean up the engine compartment. It's always been more function than pretty, since the motor's been outta the car as much as it's been in it, and more times than I like to remember, but it's high time to get it all purdied up.

This is what it looked like when I initially bought the car.

Here it is a few weeks ago... It's clean, but the paints flaking everywhere, nothing matches, and now that the body is all nifty, it kinda looks like poop.

Comment

• Well it started as a clean up job, anyway... Redid the valve cover and intake manifold:

That turned into me deciding to redo the intake system, and now the plan is to run a ram-air set up through the headlight housing... Headlights are like kidneys anyway... you only need one to keep on kickin, right?

Comment

• Aaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh! Moar!

Mopar or no car!

Originally posted by y200yk
                  Russian post is just an ass
                  my steering wheel from Lithuania went almost a month! bitches

Comment

• this is pretty badass! keep up the incredible work
                    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

• Thanks guys

Been slowly pulling everything apart, and cleaning, blasting, and/or scuffing stuff up to paint. Replacing all my intercooler and intake silicon tubing to black, and this is gonna get the same treatment that the v/c and intake manifold have with the black crinkle finish. Hopefully the end result will require a second look to understand that it's not quite factory stock, as if the big SHELBY on the the vc doesn't give anything away lol.

Also started pulling the gaggle of wiring away from the inner fenders so i can prep and paint them.... I'll also give the harnesses a once over and re-wrap em all up so they aren't so much of a rats nest.

Gross.

Comment

• Sub'd! You definitely had a rough start. You've come a hell of a long way! In for moar

Comment

• Back at it after a bit of pre-baby house work... (the Wifey is pregnanat with twins so it's gonna be a mad rush to get this car done before i have no time to sleep, let alone wrench)

Ok, so some work on the ram- air set up:

Dr headlight assembly:

Got some wire mesh and formed it over the headlamp. Was more work that i figured since it's actually pretty stiff wire, but once i spent some time working it over the head light it took the shape pretty well.

Next I trimmed it up and use my ol' friend JB weld to make sure it stayed in place.

A little paint, and it almost looks factory...kinda:

Comment

• Excellent work with the headlight scoop!

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

• Nice idea with the mesh. Loving the car.

Comment

• I am madly in love with the meaty stance on this thing!!! Great job.
                                [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
                                [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
                                Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X