No announcement yet.

Who the hell stances out a Dodge Omni?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like has been said, I love the updates but I'm a bit lost in the timeline. At what point are we at now?
    Sup. Call me Z.
    My Accord "build".

Comment

• Really enjoying reading the process and excited to see where she's at now! Props for being so passionate about something so different
      - Garrett

@mtm_garrett on Instagram

Comment

• Great build cause great work
        slamburglars.com

Comment

• Too awesome, you turned a not so good looking car into a really cool car. Next step is delta box flares right? right?

Comment

• Man, a lot of updates got tacked up since I last dropped in.

I'm loving the progress. Its' giving me the itch to work more on my Lancer over the winter to get it show ready. Keep it going dude!
            - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

• As much as everyone hates "Stance" cars, the scene really seems to bring out some of the oddest car builds. My first car was a Plymouth Horizon, unfortunately at the time all i was interested in was doing a 2.2 turbo swap, then as soon as i had money saved up...... i bought a Honda lol.

Dart your Omni is sick, i would have loved to get into one of these projects, i actually was looking at Reliant wagon before i picked up my Volvo, i was tired of sport car/coupe builds, caught wagon fever.

Transmetropolitan IG: Awful_Hero
              FB: Unfriendly.Garage The Volvo Wagon Build *SW*

Comment

• Thanks for all the kind words guys.

As to where we are in the timeline, we are almost to the present...

An instagramy teaser of the graphics goin back on:
                IMG_0454
                IG: @PiscitelliDesign

Comment

• wowzers. Lovin' this thread so far. Definitely not something you see very often... At least not around my parts. haha

Comment

• Thanks!

Ok, so taking it pretty much to how it sits at this point, here's where we are at.
                    (I'll get some better fancier shots soon, but these'll have to do for now )

IMG_0474

IMG_0473

IMG_0489

I've since torn the whole interior out in preparation for the 6pt cage. More photos of the interior end of things coming soon!
                    Last edited by dart165; 10-07-2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• You know, I'm pleasantly surprised at how this turned out. Well done sir.
                      Sup. Call me Z.
                      My Accord "build".

Comment

• you should check out the euro Opel Kadett D scene

think you can get some inspiration there

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Thanks!

Got a message asking about what exactly I did to the body, so I figured i'd recap it here. It appears pretty well stock, which was the intention. The key to this build has always been that its an oddball that requires a second look to notice the subtlies.
                          (Some of this is redundant since you can see the process if you go through the thread but whatever):

-I modified the bumper brackets to shorten bumper gaps front and rear, shortened bumper corners as well since they were too long to fit the new Euro-fied bumper fitment.

-I made the badge-less grille by splicing a few stock grilles together.

-We removed belt molding trim and sealed attachment holes in the hatch. I also got rid of the rear wiper/motor and capped the hole. No need for that crap.

-Almost all of the hood bracing has been removed for weight savings. Thank god for that vent, since without the rigidity that the mounting flange provides, plus the fact that air can pass through it, that hood would probably oil-can every time I get up to speed!

-The front and rear wheel wells rolled and slightly flared.

Comment

• Loves it.

Comment

• I gotta get some pics uploaded of the gutted interior so I can keep moving with the story.

till then..

Comment

• I love the work and love put into this. Well done sir.

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

Working...
                                X