79' Volvo 245 Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keeton View Post
    I like widened stock steel wheels on Volvos. It just works for some reason.
    this would be my first pick...

...but the more I look at the diamonds the more I likeee...

Comment

Originally posted by volvo_dave View Post
      this would be my first pick...

...but the more I look at the diamonds the more I likeee...
      Yeah. And they're super cheap. And made to order.

Kinda hard to go wrong IMO.

I had Diamonds on my car for a while. I really liked the look.

Comment

Finally got Vivian back and it feels way more solid with the brembos and redone breaking system.
        TBH, I wish it was a manual,but this thing is just so fun regardless. It's not fast in any sense of the word,but I was driving around the adirondacks today and it was holding its own,definitely has a different feeling than the Z. I can't help,but smile when my little 79 wagon trudges past a modern day car.

With that said it has me looking at upgrading the cam,going catless and a straight pipe
        1968 1600SP Beetle build thread

Comment

Originally posted by keeton View Post
          I like widened stock steel wheels on Volvos. It just works for some reason.
          So do I and thats what got me thinking about diamond racing wheels in the first place. They're wide....and they're steelies

Comment

Could also flip a set of steelies. I did these in a week:

Comment

O yes you will be mine

Comment

In for awesome updates of stateside Volvo wagon! Can't wait to see where this is going

Comment

it was nice out today...AND I DID SOMETHING

Headliner was fucked up. So I tore it down to find 35 year old squirrel piss and shit everywhere. On the plus side no rust or anything.

Managed to score a very lightly used one on ebay

and my IPD Alum skid plate showed up

Like Ice Cube said:

Comment

Bought a camera earlier today as well. So there will be more pic updates. Tomorrow starts it all

Comment

Yes! Another Volvo! Can't wait to see what you do with it man this looks promising.

Also, if you want to go the cheap route, cut springs and slightly upgraded shocks(KYB) actually rode surprisingly well on my 242, I ended up getting RSI coils for the front just for adjustability.
                      '82 Volvo 242 build
                      '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

Yea I think I'm going to find a set of wheels I'm 100% set on and go from there.

Comment

I'm pretty sure winter is finally over so I cleaned her up and checked for any damages the winter had caused

She looks good wet,but there's a fair amount of oxidation. I think with some compounding I can get that out
                          Last edited by Z33_Taxi; 03-24-2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Then I found some rust

Common area. Shouldn't be to hard to patch up.

Then some found some surface under the roof rack. I'll remake gaskets and take care of that.

Prepping for dynomat

"I hope your trunk is big cuz I'm gonna put my bike it in"

Dirty bay

Last edited by Z33_Taxi; 03-24-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Starting issues today. After sitting for a 8-10 hours. Most likely fuel related. Starts fine then hiccups to a stop,but will start fine after that..

Hrmmm. Wish small stuff would stop happening so I can get to the fun stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Z33_Taxi View Post
                                Starting issues today. After sitting for a 8-10 hours. Most likely fuel related. Starts fine then hiccups to a stop,but will start fine after that..

Hrmmm. Wish small stuff would stop happening so I can get to the fun stuff
                                I was chasing down starting issues on my 1990 245 and my recently purchased 1989.
                                The 89 ended up being a bad fuel pressure regulator, basically flooding it every time the car sat over night. I had to give it gas while turning it over to get it started. lol
                                It fires right up now though, i think i paid around $50 for the regulator, you can check yours by just popping out line off and seeing if it start spitting fuel while the car isn't running.

Transmetropolitan IG: Awful_Hero
                                FB: Unfriendly.Garage The Volvo Wagon Build *SW*

Comment

Working...
                                X