Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Audi A4; Bags, Interior, Stereo, Wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Audi A4; Bags, Interior, Stereo, Wheels.

I'll preface this saying it's not an exciting, or fast moving build, and I shouldn't even call it a build. I'm just slowly picking away at making the car more to my liking. I could never consider throwing wheels on a car a build. The more exciting stuff should happen this winter.

I bought this car last May when I sold my 03 Chevy 2500HD. It had H2 wheels and 35s. Before that I had a 98 Wrangler on 33s. That being said, moving to a car was a big change for me after having two vehicles built for off road capability and hard work.

I take a ton of crap for it, but my car was "well assembled" when I bought it. The previous owner had done a lot of work and spent a ton of money. The short list...

-Airlift Slam XL bags, Accuair Switchspeed management with dual 444 compressors
    -Eurogear carbon fiber boser hood
    -Valeo e-code headlights
    -S4 doorblades, Oettinger decklid spoiler, USP lower valence
    -Alcantara headliner, rewrapped seats with alcantara inserts and Audi stitching
    -Alpine head unit, Hertz components and tweeters, and Kenwood sub in a custom box
    -Unitronic Stage 1, Southbend Stage 3 clutch ( ), Milltek exhaust
    -Full Dolphin Gray respray
    -Other odds and ends here and there

With all this work, minus the boser for people who know what these cars normally look like, the car could still pass for a clean lightly modded A4 at ride height. Exactly what I wanted to start with. I bought the car at near normal value with all this work done which I was ecstatic about. The body wasn't hacked, the motor bay was clean, and the air ride setup was simple and the trunk had not been done yet. He gave me a set of beat up Privat Netz 19s with it that I sold right off the bat and have been running A6 S-line 17s since I bought the car.

I took the car to Waterfest 18 that summer, Volksbahn that fall, and got even more hooked than before. The inspiration has been flowing since and will soon be put to use. I can't say exactly what I want the end goal to be other than ideas. I just want something that says simplicity, elegance, and complexity all at the same time.

All this said, here's a single picture of it's current state minus the center caps being off the 17s. I've got a free weekend so I'll get some pictures of the interior, trunk, and other stuff for those interested.

Last edited by 207carney; 08-15-2013, 11:45 PM.
    2003 A4 3.0 Quattro 6MT | Accuair | Airlift | Alpine | EuroGear | Hertz | Kenwood | Milltek | Southbend | Unitronic | Valeo
    iG @207carney

Last fall exactly 13 hours before I was going to take my car home to store it for the winter, a deer ran into the side of me while going through my college town and it dented the fender and cracked the bumper. I battled with a body shop, and ended up taking the car back 4x before it was done mostly right. They also fixed a dig in my rear from what I assume was the car being parked against another bumper, and the license plate bolts dragged as it aired out over time.

My water pump went a day after I got back from Rhode Island for New England Dustoff, so I had to take that on this spring as well. I got the front end off and down to the timing belt, and then had the luxury of a local Audi tech coming to my house to assist in the installation. Since then the car has run perfectly other than a very slight coolant leak that I will find this winter. It leaks less than a quart over 5k miles.

I've taken the car to Dustoff, Eurokracy, and Waterfest so far this summer. Volksbahn, possibly H2Oi and Fall Staggered are left for the year. I have a ton of fun going to shows and always find cool new things I want to incorporate to the car.
    2003 A4 3.0 Quattro 6MT | Accuair | Airlift | Alpine | EuroGear | Hertz | Kenwood | Milltek | Southbend | Unitronic | Valeo
    iG @207carney

Comment

I preordered 3SDM 0.06 18x9.5 et40 squared in April and am still waiting on them

Just ordered 42DD spacers and new wheel bolts that will be here tomorrow to be ready for the new wheels. Mainly I needed something shiny to keep my mind off the fact that I still don't have my wheels. I got some 225/40/18 tires for cheap from a friend that works at a local tire shop that I'll run for the remainder of the year and most likely switch to 215/40/18 next season. I should have the wheels in the next week or two and if not I'm going to go off the deep end. I'll be posting pictures here of test fitting and such.

I'll drive it til November or December, whenever snow starts to fly and park it for the winter. Plans for winter loosely go as follows:

-Wetsand and buff a few spots that still bug me from the body work
      -New battery
      -New crossdrilled rear rotors and new pads all around (forgot to mention I already have B5 S4 fronts)
      -Do the trunk setup; sink the tank into the floor, wrap a bunch of stuff in suede most likely
      -Zaetech digital air gauge
      -Train horns if I feel like spending the time and money to be a punk
      -Considering replacing all the air lines just to be on the safe side

I'd like to fine tune my bumpstops, aired out height, camber, spacing, and stretch to a point where I can slow roll at shows completely aired out without tearing fender liners, rubbing a ton and breaking stuff as well.

This list will change and grow over the next few months I'm sure.
      Last edited by 207carney; 08-15-2013, 11:45 PM.
      iG @207carney

Comment

These finally came in. Spaced to 18x9.5 et20 front et25 rear. Tried a set of 225s and they didn't stretch enough so have 215/40r18 coming this week.
        iG @207carney

Comment

Working...
        X