Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread deserves a photo update...

Comment

Just pm me or something, I'll give you my number. I'll be away for the holidays but afterwards feel free to shoot me a text and you can come check it out. I can't do anything with it, due to the subframe, and would rather it go to use than sit forever. '02s are sweet little cars, can't wait to see what you do with yours

Comment

Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
        Got the car back from the welder today. Anyone want to buy this thing? It needs a new hood and a paint job now...
        Are you serious? How much do you want for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuff View Post
          Are you serious? How much do you want for it?

Hes not fucking serious, he had a low point with the car...we've all been there. Now pick your chin up and start working on the car!!
          Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

It's going into the shop sometime next week for a long over due tune-up. If everything goes accordingly, it should be on the road in a month or so. Then I need to find a hood with matching patina.

Comment

Blizzard postponed the process...

Comment

Has so much potential dude!! Really cool roundie man, it's great that you're putting it back on the road!
                I take picture too, sometimes.

Mini content inside.

Instagram.

Tumblr.

Comment

Going to dig it out of the snow at my parents house this afternoon so it can finally get to the shop. This winter was awful...

Comment

Today's progress...

...getting there...

Comment

Would 15x7 et0 and 15x8 et0 fit with fender rolling and the right tires and camber? I don't have access to the car right now, otherwise I would toss on my Miata wheels for a test fit. I've been searching fitment and have seen close to those specs, but not exact. I would like to order some Diamond Racing Steelies so I have them roughly around the time I get my suspension figured out and installed. Any help would be appreciated... It turns out that most '02 owners are either purists or all about custom bodywork...

Comment

Originally posted by MrJereMoose View Post
                        Would 15x7 et0 and 15x8 et0 fit with fender rolling and the right tires and camber? I don't have access to the car right now, otherwise I would toss on my Miata wheels for a test fit. I've been searching fitment and have seen close to those specs, but not exact. I would like to order some Diamond Racing Steelies so I have them roughly around the time I get my suspension figured out and installed. Any help would be appreciated... It turns out that most '02 owners are either purists or all about custom bodywork...
                        There's actually a ton of info on 2002faq regarding that. Check out the "stance thread", it was super helpful when I first got started with this chassis. But will those wheels fit on stock body.......I really doubt it. I have my front fenders pulled 0.75-1" and have my camber plates maxed out and can barely squeeze a 15x6 in there. I'm also running a 205/50 tire......stretch would definitely help, but unless you're okay with hella poke I wouldn't do it. tuck>

Also, 15x8 et0 is standard wheel size for people running turbo flares, which are 2.5" wide. Just to put it in perspective

-edit- I found one of my old pics. 15x7 et0 on stock body.

Last edited by Absorbantnut; 08-02-2015, 11:48 PM.

Check out my m20 turbo'd 2002 build thread

Comment

thanks, I have been going over the stance thread for a while, but stopped checking about a year ago when my project stalled. It's difficult to figure things out since most of those guys don't run stretched tires. What also makes it hard is that there is no information on the cars i take the greatest inspiration from. I'm also limited by diamond racing's dimensions as I figured I would rather not have to mess with different size wheel studs. I initially wanted to take things slow and do this all incrementally, but the car keeps bouncing from shot to shop and I have much less patience for that than when I started this journey. I just want to get things right the first time.

Comment

Some people like to keep their specs a secret...nothing wrong with that I suppose. You can always reach out to your idols and hopefully they'll share some insight lol.

You can do it the old school way and use washers. Then you can do a little bit of easy math to figure out what offset a 9j wheel would need to fit the same as your 6j with etX after you mess around with the washers. Or whatever widths. It's all possible with less than a couple bucks spent at Home Depot or Lowes and a little brain power; you just gotta try!
                            Last edited by Absorbantnut; 08-02-2015, 11:48 PM.

Check out my m20 turbo'd 2002 build thread

Comment

I had a rough estimate done by Sports Car Restoration to get it on the road, hopefully this spring. My dad is going to the rebuild the carburetor over the winter and then it's headed over to the experts. It turns out that I live next to the owner's brother in law and we went to the same high school.

I'll be back to this in the spring, but for now I'm concerned with picking up my new E30 and unloading my jetta and miata...

Comment

Working...
                              X