No announcement yet.

R32 GTR: A German/Japanese love affair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brake set up are you running? Standard R32 Brakes or Brembos?

Comment

• Back with a unsubstantial update. Btw, the brakes are standard R32.

Been drivin around for a while on the fat rubber, but as fun as they are they just don't look as good.

So I went ahead and lowered the ride a good 15 mils in the back and 1cm front and hoped for the best.

Unfortuantely did not fully work out!

I dialed in the last tiny bit of camber that I could and raised it by 3-5 mils. That naturally did not help with the front lip either. I really need bags.

After I raised the back I arrived here:

Also gone for a test drive around the block to see if it worked out fine. Check the vid in 1080p and 60fps btw.

That's where I stand. Still ain't got no clue what's next!

Comment

• Love this car! And i love how you switch between the xd9s and the bbs. Both setups are beautiful.
        http://cdn.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17224

Comment

• Yep, this R is just amazing
          I would say enjoy it and keep it in good condition
          IG: @blk_gtr

Comment

• Amazing!!

Comment

• love when I see an email saying this thread has been updated...both set ups look amazing IMO cant wait to see whats next
              THE ONLY NEGATIVE THINGS IN YOUR LIFE SHOULD BE YOUR CAMBER AND OFFSET

Comment

• I literally love this car and have probably saved like 90% of the photos you've posted.

I'd also like to say thanks for the inspiration on how to polish wheels, i've ordered some buffing wheels after seeing how yours came out! How long would you say it took you to do them with that method? Looks a lot easier than the traditional method of using a million different grits of sandpaper!

Those roads over there look amazing too! How far is it off the ground? I swear those roads don't look real, how flat they are! Have you ever taken it to England around town? There isn't one journey where I'm not swerving around, trying not to smash my underside on the mini-mountains that seem to have formed in the middle of our roads.

Keep up the good work

Comment

• not low enough or wide enough

Originally posted by BozoBubble
                  Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

• Originally posted by CROOKED View Post
                    love when I see an email saying this thread has been updated...both set ups look amazing IMO cant wait to see whats next
                    <3

Originally posted by storey618 View Post
                    not low enough or wide enough
                    Challenge not accepted. Maybe. I'll get back to you on that.

Originally posted by Chesh View Post
                    I literally love this car and have probably saved like 90% of the photos you've posted.

I'd also like to say thanks for the inspiration on how to polish wheels, i've ordered some buffing wheels after seeing how yours came out! How long would you say it took you to do them with that method? Looks a lot easier than the traditional method of using a million different grits of sandpaper!

Those roads over there look amazing too! How far is it off the ground? I swear those roads don't look real, how flat they are! Have you ever taken it to England around town? There isn't one journey where I'm not swerving around, trying not to smash my underside on the mini-mountains that seem to have formed in the middle of our roads.

Keep up the good work
                    Thanks bro! The polishing process was roughly 30 minutes per lip, but remember they were not as perfect as you'd get them new or done by a professional, for that you'd probably have to put in 2 or 3 times as much time.

The front lip is roughly 30 mils off the ground right now, and it's no pleasure let me tell you that! I've lived in Ireland for a couple of years, which has probably the worst roads I know, so I've also been to England a few times and the roads are not much worse than in France. Truthfully the roads in France are batshit terrible, I happen to be lucky living in a newly built neighbourhood. Anywhere else I'm scraping all over the place. I would have literally no chance driving around the corner into Versailles because the speedbumps are like Mount Everest and some of the side roads are dome shaped and I'd easily get STRANDED in the middle.

At home in Germany the roads are a tiny bit better but one of these days I fear that lip will get busted.

I was just in Japan 2 weeks ago with my brother. THOSE are good roads.
                    btw, I also may have shot there a picture of my next project!

And since I don't like posting without some new shit, if you wanna listen to the soothing sound of a RB26 while cruising in all its poppin' and bangin' glory, check that and hit 60fps again.

Comment

• Will you be at this years Reisbrennen @ the Lausitzring?

Comment

• I fear no.

I'll elaborate and please take no offense. 99% of Japanese cars in Germany are an embarrassment.

I'm not a "GFKbomber" or even BONDOBOMBERS fan. They're abominations. People are stuck in 2003 and against popular belief it simply is not JDM style. They think having a Wakaba and double middle finger smiley sticker makes your Mitsubishi Colt JDMYO. That mixed with sideways hat wearer wannabe gangsters listening to hip hop.. sounds to me like the perfect cancerous shitstorm.

Almost all cars here are either bonestock on 7.5J wheels or fullblown retarded with neon lights and colors.

I'll consider when the event planners smarten up and people decide to NOT opt for shitty ebay kits and run some proper sized japanese wheels because 99% of German wheels are awful.

I don't like this

And this.

Aaaaaaand this.

These are the actual pictures Reisbrennen uses to 'promote' their show and shine event on their website. Fuck.
                        Last edited by h3llk1t3; 08-05-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Well, fuck these show cars...
                          I don't like that shit either, but I know, that there will be quite some nice rides, for example mine :P
                          And neither do I like some people there, but I'm able to ignore them...
                          I get your point, and I know the Reisbrennen, but for me, it's not about the huge amount of bad cars,
                          but more about finding some proper cars, meeting friends and having some fun (and if it's just a nice laugh about some of the things you mentioned)

I'd have appreciated a look at your ride...

Comment

• Ugh...

Comment

• i love your car buddy !

you got facebook ?

Comment

• Nice car! I like the fat rubber myself!
                                Instagram: @subtledriver
                                youtube.com/subtledriver
                                FACEBOOK.COM/JustinGoenRacing
                                BIG BODY TRACK RACING SEDAN BUILD:
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73322

Comment

Working...
                                X