No announcement yet.

Elder Scrolls VI: Pleiades 86 Subaru GL-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 on that being the last rust-free GL10 wagon in Minnesota.

Keep the progress coming! I'm in South Minneapolis too
    4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
      +1 on that being the last rust-free GL10 wagon in Minnesota.

Keep the progress coming! I'm in South Minneapolis too
      Word? Ever go to the Sonic meet in Bloomington on Wednesdays? Me and my gf will be there in my CRX daily driver. You should find us, I kinda look like Jesus and she looks like a teenager.

Originally posted by Azrial89 View Post
      Subscribed because A. From Minnesota and B. Sick wagon, I love it. Can't wait to see what you do to it!!
      Thanks man, well given that I work at MAPerformance, I got a free EJ205 block with a rod knock in the boot so I intend on stuffing goodies into that.
      "Nord's armor has lots of fur. This sometimes makes M'aiq nervous." -M'aiq The Liar

THIS GL-10 IS PRETTY COOL!

Stay up to date with my '86 Subaru GL-10 build on Instagram with @billytheboobaru

"At least if your car is going to die, might as well die under WOT giving it the beans"

Comment

Got my Loyale corner lights on, I don't know.... I kinda like the GL-10 corners better... I thought I had a picture but I guess I will have to take one when I get home.

The GL-10 corners have a complete Orange side reflector where as the Loyale ones have a 1" clear edge with a smaller orange reflector.
        "Nord's armor has lots of fur. This sometimes makes M'aiq nervous." -M'aiq The Liar

Stay up to date with my '86 Subaru GL-10 build on Instagram with @billytheboobaru

"At least if your car is going to die, might as well die under WOT giving it the beans"

Comment

I kinda like the early GL corners better too.

Progress is looking good!

Comment

Subaru wagons are awesome. Can't wait to see what you do to this...
            on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

Thanks guys, its just a matter of time to work on it, My gf and I just got an 88 Accord for a winter beater for November when it snows so that makes 4 cars now haha

Comment

got some more OEM Subaru Parts to get the Turbo in and to get the hoodlatch fixed, now I just gotta dick with this stuck screw holding the latch in.

Comment

This wagon is so quirky, i love it!

Comment

haha thanks, it took me a year to REALLY fall in love with it but they're really cool.

Comment

Had a come up at a the junkyard a little while ago. Got actually crack free corner lights, fresh oil cap, for free.

Then I paid for the bumper filler to replace my dented rusty turd status one oh and this:

A Subaru XT6 steering wheel, Im gonna try to nab the hubs and seats out of it this weekend if I got time.

but I got this ALL FOR $20!

sorry for the digital noise, thats a terrible photo.

Comment

Aww yeah, XT steering wheel!

You're making me miss my old Loyales!

Comment

There's a secret junkyard here with a loyale a gl and an xt6

Comment

Gonna be posting more pictures of progress later tonight

Comment

Holy shit that steering wheel is tits, i love this thing. The guards know i'm with the Thieves Guild, so if it comes up missing, you know
                              Viva La Resistance

Comment

Sorry about the wait on the pictures and even more sorry about the phone pictures.

Got my spoiler properly stripped, this gross rubberized coating came off in a sort of primordial sludge...

I got it off though, I thought about keeping it polished but I found a dent in it which would be a hell of a lot more apparent if it was polished. So on came the primer for paint.

After some good polishing with my 150 grid pad, a 300 grit piece of paper and finally some 1000 grit, I laid down paint. Going to try to get the clear coat done tonight then a wet sand.

Turbo is bolted back in as well, might get a custom oil feed line made because this rubber one is binding and worrying me so the next update might involve that, I also am in the market for some Miata coilover sleeves that'll fit over OEM struts if anyone has some.

Comment

Working...
                                X