No announcement yet.

e23 love...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a nice looking car. Ideal for daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by thofdahl View Post
      What a nice looking car. Ideal for daily driver.
      Haha... it's my daily driver now. Seems like I retired the e36 m3.

Anyways, it came to my attention the other day that I installed the small yellow ring on the wrong gear... I'm correcting it here just in case someone copies my dumb ass. It should look like this... BTW, if you have an e23, you will probably need the gear set similar to an e24 and not the e28. I ended up re-using 2 of my original gears and only changed out the e1 gear which was bad.

Originally posted by 86GT635
      First thought before seeing any pics was black/grey, but it seems like the picture shows it being pretty close to black/white. I thought it would be a little more subdued.

That blue/black will probably look best in there, tie into the highlights from the M fabric.
      Originally posted by cddallara
      Originally posted by 86GT635
      First thought before seeing any pics was black/grey, but it seems like the picture shows it being pretty close to black/white. I thought it would be a little more subdued.

That blue/black will probably look best in there, tie into the highlights from the M fabric.
      X2 on the mats.

Would it kill you to update your Instagram every now and again? :
      I bit the bullet and ordered the black and blue cocomats... I honestly had trouble pulling the trigger but after watching "how they are made" video, I couldn't resist... Besides, if my wife can I have a closet full of Air Jordans, then this was chump change... LOL.

I also custom ordered red thread stitching around the drivers heel pad and black thread stitching everywhere else. Hopefully the blue and black combo will still look subdued with a little pop with the red heel pad... They don't advertise it on their site, but here's an example of what one of the reps emailed me.

Comment

I finished the rear parcel shelf yesterday... I was able to squeeze out both middle consoles and the rear shelf using only 1 yard. Don't mind the lack of speaker grill covers since I forgot to put them on before I took the pic.

Next up, the cocomats. I've been pretty hesitant spending some coin on something as simple as floormats but once I saw "how" and "where" they were made I was sold. I placed my order online and the very next day a rep called to go over my order. Wow... great service! We discussed my options and he ended up mailing me their e23 floor mat patterns to verify a perfect fit. I honestly thought that would be overkill, but what the hell, I didn't want to argue with the man.

He also sent me a few samples. Seems like the blue will be a perfect match.

When I received the patterns, I went into the garage thinking I'd spend 5-10 minutes or so verifying/modifying the pattern. Low and behold, it took me nearly 2 hours. It wasn't so much the patterns were off, but moreso, it was kind of fun tweaking them out to be perfect. The blue shows how much material I wanted to add the the red portion I trimmed out.

I made the least changes to the front passenger seat...

And then went a little coo coo in the rear. Here's what I started off with... The e23 rear floor is not leveled but I wanted more coverage. This is what I ended up with.

Next step was to label the front

And... here's the wheels I bought from some guy in Germany (daywalker) a few months ago. They are Oz Futura 17x8.5/10 and only took 4 days to deliver. I was going to refinish them myself, but ended up sending them off to get professionally refurbished by a pro.

Comment

sick
          sigpic

Pronounced Eve-odd Rich-E

Comment

Was waiting on a couple of things to attempt to install my wing again...

This wing is legit.

Here's the secret sauce.

Decided to dremel off the bolts and tape on the wing.

Then painted over the dremel marks to prevent rust.

Taped up the wing...

Made a complex measuring tool using a snipped zip tie...

Prepped the surface...

Fits like a glove...

Next project will be to mount the front fogs and re-do the exhaust tips...

Comment

AAANNNNDDDD now I want an old BMW again

Instagram: @robbytopher

Comment

AAANNNNDDDD now I want to actually treat my e23 right and make it nice
                2016 WRX
                E39s are forever in my heart.

Comment

Comment

-Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                    '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                    '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

You've built something really special here. Well done!

Comment

BEFORE...

AFTER...

Also took the time to detail the car - clay, Meguairs m105, BlackFire polish, CarPro CQuartz, and CarPro Reload. I highly recommend CarPro Cquartz which is not a wax or a sealant... Stuff is AAAMMMAZING.

And guess what's coming in tomorrow?

Comment

Wheels came in last week... Since then I applied 2 coats of Cquartz and another coat of CarPro Reload. Wheels are now hydrophobic for the next 2 years...

BEFORE

AFTER - hand brushed centers with clear powdercoat/polished lips.
                          Fronts 17x8.5 et13
                          Rears 17x10 et19

Comment

Wheels came in last week... Since then I applied 2 coats of Cquartz and another coat of CarPro Reload. Wheels are now hydrophobic for the next 2 years...

BEFORE

AFTER - hand brushed centers with clear powdercoat/polished lips.
                            Fronts 17x8.5 et13
                            Rears 17x10 et19

Comment

this is so clean and perfect.

keep up the good work.
                              Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love OZ Futuras and your set looks awesome now, but in my opinion their style does not fit the E23 as perfect as the style of the BBS does. I'd think about a real set of RS or converting a set of RC to 3piece and mounting the lovely SpinFAB center caps.
                                Tut DAS denn Not, dass der Karren so tief is?

Comment

Working...
                                X