No announcement yet.

e23 love...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's some stuff I've been working on. Dyed the door panels black since I swapped the tan carpet to black.

Also got this idea from some dude on bigcoupe forum.

Since I didn't have matching carpet on the center console pieces, I decided to wrap them matching the door panels.

The result was somewhat underwhelming once I combined the middle console pieces with the door cards... Looked way too busy. Long story short, I'm going to redo the whole thing again.

Instead I'm going to re-do the center console pieces in m-rain fabric and wrap the door cards in black faux leather.

Comment

Sick build man, the car is a minter!!

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
      Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

Fixed the window circuit breaker and rear lockout. Also re-did the door panel in faux black leather and replaced the knee panel and glovebox to black... Looks much better now.

Comment

I've finally been able to drive the car the passed couple of days and the b35 and manual are very fun to drive. The original plan was to turbo the car, but I don't think that may be necessary anymore...

Well... I told you guys I wasn't happy with how the interior came out, so I reluctantly gave it another go... What a fuckin' pain in the ass. I must've taken my interior a part about half a dozen times now... argh.

The old man interior was driving me nuts so the mtech material came just in time...

I am so glad I got the interior over with... I'd rather poke my eye out with a blunt screw driver.

While I was dealing with the interior, I bought a new 5 channel D amp to replace by MB Quartz stuff. I wanted the 5 channel amp to simplify the wiring and be more efficient on my alternator. The amp is so tiny...

First amp rack I've ever made out of velcro...

Amp is well hidden...

This morning I had to re-install my front bumper since the shop only had time to zip tie one of the sides. I've been hoarding a lot of spare parts and Frankenstein my best bumper/chrome pieces...

During the install, I had to cut a piece of the body... Not sure why I didn't have to do this last time but oh well.

Here's the final front bumper... For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to mount the fogs. I went to Home Depot to try to make some custom brackets but FAILED at that too. I'm going to try the gluing/JB weld technique next weekend.

Comment

Wow! Love what you've done with the interior

Comment

Updated new shots of the interior... Still need to order some genuine Cocomats but I'm not sure which color yet... I'm either thinking all black, black + red, or black + blue. What do you guys think?

Installed a new headunit... it's a Clarion fz102e from Europe with no RCAs so I had to run dual LOCs for the components and sub amp.

Also finished up my exhaust recently. I ended up with a vibrant resonator, CARB'd approved Magnaflow cat, Magnaflow muffler, and some chrome 2.25 dual tips. Sounds excellent now.

I don't think I ever posted pictures of the b35 swap... Thanks again to German Autosport in Berekely, CA.

Sitting pretty in my driveway...

New signal lights... check.
              New low beam lights... check.
              New kidney grills... check.
              New license plate molding... check.
              New BBS air dam (clone)... check.
              Fresh paint on the air dam, bumper carrier, and early sharknose conversion... check.

Custom coilovers sitting pretty... 350lbs Fronts, 375lbs Rear... custom valved Billy e30 ix front struts and e28 Billy sports rear. Car rides very comfortable and current wheel setup does not rub at all.

Comment

Ohh, thats a beauty, i hope to build e23 for myself in a couple of years . Respect for not giving up