X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShanDM1 View Post
    Very nice, sub'd
    Thanks man!

sorry for no updates guys, getting busy packing for school and trying to sell the other e30. Just put a downpayment on a big purchase so the good stuff is coming soon.
    Last edited by dillon7; 08-14-2013, 09:36 PM.
    Instagram: @dillonmakar

1986 Bagged s50 BMW e30 HERE

Comment

sooooo this just happened...

Got my Dad to pick up an s50 with a lot of things I need for the swap.

it has:

s50

wiring harness

complete oil pan set up for e30

motor mount arms

motor mounts

throttle cable

eBay headers

and the engine had all this done:

new gaskets (oil pan/oil pump/valve cover/oil filter housing/timing covers), new crank seals, cam & crank position sensor o-rings, new water temp sensor, new timing chain guide rails, new timing chain tensioner, new water pump, new thermostat, new thermostat housing, new head gasket, new ARP head bolts, new main belt, new spark plugs, new knock sensors, etc.

Pretty excited just ready to get home from school so I can actually do the swap.
      Last edited by dillon7; 09-15-2013, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Fairly sure ive seen you post on the local bmw fb pages. Build is coming along great, keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by myreversewave View Post
          Fairly sure ive seen you post on the local bmw fb pages. Build is coming along great, keep it up!
          ya I'm on the nc e30 Facebook page, and thanks man!

Comment

sold my other e30, time to dump all my money into this. If anybody has some 16" rs's or oz futuras for sale let me know!!!

Comment

I came home from college this weekend so I could finally have some time to work on the e30 for a little. What planned to be a whole weekend dedicated to the e30 of course ended up only being one day.

I was hanging out with my girlfriend in the garage and she wanted to do something to the e30 so I decided to let her do a little painting.

The wiper arms had some rust on them so I taught her how to sand it down and prep for paint and stuff like that. They came out good and much better than before.

Then I decided to paint the side trim since I had painted most of the trim already and the chrome was annoying me and throwing things off. So I popped off the trim and painted it.

Of course I broke a clip so now it doesn't sit on the body as tight as I would like but oh well it's barely noticeable and I'll grab a clip next time I'm at the Junk yard.

oh and sorry for the crappy pics, they are coming out blurry for some reason...

anyways onto the good stuff.

so this finally found its way into the garage.

I was pretty excited so I began tearing everything out that needed to be done to get the m20 out. It took a lot longer than I expected and all I had left was the driveshaft to unbolt then the m20 was completely free. Well of course the driveshaft was being a PITA and I couldn't get it out and I needed to leave to head back to school so unfortunately the m20 still remains in the car :hitler:

Anybody have any simple way to just disconnect the driveshaft from the tranny without having to collapse it and take off all those stupid heat shields or whatever they are they cover the whole shaft?

So that's all I got done and now I'm sitting in my dorm missing my car. :roll:

I ordered all the rest of the parts I needed for the swap:

engine harness adapter

transmission brace with new mounts.

Depending on when I can get the flywheel machined down the planned weekend of the swap is September 13th. But you know how that goes...

In the meantime I shall sit in my dorm and look for more parts to buy now that I finally sold my other e30
              Last edited by dillon7; 09-15-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

finally getting rid of those stupid huge seats I have and upgrading to some awesome sports seats!

Can't wait to get home and swap them in, along with that other thing....the um....oh ya s50
                Last edited by dillon7; 09-15-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Awesome bro! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Love seeing bimmers get saved, doing a great job on this one!
                    My '66 C10 Build
                    My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Looks sweet man! I'm new to the bmw scene... After searching a long time an dropping 2k into a "supposedly" drivable e28 with a m30 In it, I decided to pick up a e30. I just put a deposit on it so should have it soon waiting for some loose ends. Keep this going man always good to see a car come to be something unique.

Comment

Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
                        Love seeing bimmers get saved, doing a great job on this one!
                        Thank you!

Originally posted by Happy Gilmore View Post
                        Awesome bro! Keep up the good work!
                        Thanks, will do!

Originally posted by HighClass_iS View Post
                        Looks sweet man! I'm new to the bmw scene... After searching a long time an dropping 2k into a "supposedly" drivable e28 with a m30 In it, I decided to pick up a e30. I just put a deposit on it so should have it soon waiting for some loose ends. Keep this going man always good to see a car come to be something unique.
                        Awesome man! I was trying to decide between e28 and e30 but I opted for the e30 and glad I did. Good luck with your e30 and make sure you check out r3vlimited. Great e30 forum with a TON of info to give you plenty of ideas.

Comment

Looks good, cant wait to see it run wit the s50!
                          E30 Buildthread
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34177
                          IG: Logyt

e28 sig by logyt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by logyt View Post
                            Looks good, cant wait to see it run wit the s50!
                            ah dude you have no idea! I'm just sitting here at school waiting for the weekend of the 20th so I can finally swap it. It's quite frustrating, I have everything I need for the swap yet I still have to wait.

I was going to order bags and wheels but now I don't even care I just want to drive the shit out of it after I swap it haha

Comment

How the little details make this so much better, great work so far.
                              [Cut. Weld. Scrape. = Bagged e30 Build Thread]

[Instagram: Ritchie_30]

Comment

beautiful man! love the black on black trim.

Instagram: ian_ballzz

e30 build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X