Back in black BMW e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F31Dingus View Post
    Oh shit. This is simply awesome. Love where it is right now. And that shop. Dreams.
    Thanks man, I'm very blessed to have access to an amazing shop. It helps a ton.

Originally posted by MrViicc View Post
    beautiful :')
    thanks
    Instagram: @dillonmakar

1986 Bagged s50 BMW e30 HERE

Comment

• Quick little update.

Home for easter break so I can finally get back to this thing. I was having some serious withdrawals.

Kinda went sporadic with what I worked on. I couldn't get over how much I disliked the harness adapter because there was no way to really hide it and have a clean looking bay. My Dad was bored at home while I was at school so he started working on that. Helped him finish everything up last night.

new wiring (1 of 1) by dillonmakar, on Flickr

Also finally installed my late model front valence. This valence was off an mtech 2 car and apparently those are a little different so I have no idea how I'm going to mount the IS front lip. Guess I will have to get creative unless anybody knows of a way.

new valence (1 of 1) by dillonmakar, on Flickr

After that I added some spacers to the engine. Raised it about 3/8".

engine space (1 of 1) by dillonmakar, on Flickr

Moved on to the interior from here. Put the back seat back in.

rear seat (1 of 1) by dillonmakar, on Flickr

Got this stupid piece I've been trying to get for a while now.

door piece (1 of 1) by dillonmakar, on Flickr

And just because I love having the euro grills back in

euro grill (1 of 1) by dillonmakar, on Flickr

At this point she was ready to go. I had some trouble with wiring but had gotten it to fire up this morning so I was pretty pumped to take off on its maiden journey tonight.

I got her back on the ground, messed with the bags, and went to turn it on. Turned over, engine fired up, and then died. Kinda odd but it hadn't run in a while so I thought nothing of it. Turned over again...no start. Nothing. Just kept trying to turn over. This went of for 10 minutes and I was baffled. All the wiring was right and it had just fired up.

Started going through process of elimination and ended up not having any fuel pressure. Even more odd was the fuel pump had no power going to it. Pulled out the handy dandy iphone and googled the symptoms. Looking at the results I'm pretty positive it's the crank position sensor. Pulled it out and of course it had basically 0 ohm's.

This kind of make sense because it wasn't idling well beforehand and everything else seems to check out.

Of course this happens on the weekend though so I can't order a new one. I'll attempt to source one though because I really really want to drive this thing. At this rate though my first drive will be headed down to SOWO .
      Last edited by dillon7; 04-18-2014, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• So as you know, the car wouldn't start after I re-did the wiring.

I was pretty sure it was the cps so I ordered a new one and installed it today with high hopes. Needless to say I was let down. After that disappointment I thought the only other logical thing to do was to see if the fuel pump even worked. Hot wired the fuel pump and it started right up. Now I knew it was the relay so I ran to autozone and grabbed a temporary relay. Installed it and she ran perfect.

At that point it was to test out this new air suspension and drive the crap out of it. And that I did.

Took a couple photos along the way with plenty more to come.

Gas station (1 of 1) by Dillon Makar, on Flickr

Gas station front end (1 of 1) by Dillon Makar, on Flickr

Gas station rear fitment (1 of 1) by Dillon Makar, on Flickr

rear camber (1 of 1) by Dillon Makar, on Flickr

Comment

• DUDE THIS IS TOOO LEGIT! FUCKING LOVE THIS CAR SOOOO MUCH! Well done sir!
          Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
          1987 325e
          1987 325IS

Comment

• wow. Amazing.
            ryan_mcvicker

Comment

• So perfect, nice work man!

Comment

• Its perfect!
                Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

• Cars looking good bro !

Comment

• love
                    [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
                    instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

• nice german

Comment

• Fuckin' A man, that looks too good. Fitment is perfect.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• Beautiful.

You may have to resort to drilling little holes in the lip and valance for some zip ties on the back side...
                          -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                          '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                          '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Yeah! That's it, just exited about were this project is right now. Keep it up!

Subbed!

Comment

• such a clean car, nice build man!
                              '82 Volvo 242 build
                              '73 Datsun 240z build

Comment

• Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                                Beautiful.

You may have to resort to drilling little holes in the lip and valance for some zip ties on the back side...
                                That's what I was thinking. I'll probably do that tomorrow, I have been distracted by driving it and taking pics

exit 45 side (1 of 1) by Dillon Makar, on Flickr

exit 45 rear camber (1 of 1) by Dillon Makar, on Flickr

exit 45 passenger side (1 of 1) by Dillon Makar, on Flickr

exit 45 front side (1 of 1) by Dillon Makar, on Flickr

exit 45 front end (1 of 1) by Dillon Makar, on Flickr

exit 45 down side (1 of 1) by Dillon Makar, on Flickr

exit 45 bay (1 of 1) by Dillon Makar, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X