Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, considering fender mirrors and front air dam as well to kind of complete the transformation so to speak. I just dont want it to be "too much".

Possible plans for motor swap being worked up, just need to decide on what to use. Want it to be fairly straight forward with the least amount of complication. Nothing crazy, just something to get me to around 175hp and a true 5 speed. As it is right now, im lucky if im hitting 85hp and I only drive surface streets due to lack of overdrive. Not really into the m41 with overdrive switch. Hoping to complete all of this over the summer.
    Last edited by Keith602; 06-04-2015, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Keith.. I personally think that is the way to go with your car.. The mirrors do add a bit of retro class to the car, and spoiler does well to hide the low slung oem cross member..

Comment

• I think those wheels and the fender mirrors would be absolutely fantastic! I think the air dam would make it look just a little too busy, but either way, it would look sick!
        1976 Volvo 245 Build

Comment

• I vote change the bolt pattern to 5x114.3, I don't think it's too terrible as far as work, and the more lip the better. Equip 03's are a strong yes
          My Build:

Comment

• I wont be able to do the 4 lug thing by the looks of it. It would require a two piece adapter at about 35mm thick.

Comment

• I think the lip and mirrors put it spot on to more of an older "motorsport" look for the car along with those wheels. I would look into changing the bolt pattern. If you have a good machine shop local and can pull the hubs and rotors it shouldnt be hard at all to change them to what you want by redrilling a new pattern and pressing in studs.
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• ^Exactly the way I was going to recommend tackling the lug pattern situation.
                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                  I think the lip and mirrors put it spot on to more of an older "motorsport" look for the car along with those wheels. I would look into changing the bolt pattern. If you have a good machine shop local and can pull the hubs and rotors it shouldnt be hard at all to change them to what you want by redrilling a new pattern and pressing in studs.
                  Originally posted by Earl View Post
                  ^Exactly the way I was going to recommend tackling the lug pattern situation.
                  Made a bunch of calls around town, nothing panning out. Not sure im going to go that route anyways.

Im now looking into vintage jdm style wheels in 5 lug patterns which is of course not yielding much of a result.

Anyone have an ideas?

Comment

• Tried on the test wheel. Its a 15x8 -19 and a 25mm spacer with 185/55/15 in the front. Pretty much right where I want it, but the rear had a little too much poke. Still some work to do

Comment

• why more steelie? was looking forward to some multipeacewheals

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                        why more steelie? was looking forward to some multipeacewheals
                        This is just a test wheel to get an idea on specs. Not the wheel going on the car.

Comment

• Look for some cool old 5 lug long champs or some epsilon mesh maybe... You could always find something 4 lug that has a center cap and have it redrilled.
                          IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                            Look for some cool old 5 lug long champs or some epsilon mesh maybe... You could always find something 4 lug that has a center cap and have it redrilled.
                            I'm being too picky. Currently, I don't really want mesh and the 4 lug designs I want, do not have a center cap haha. Not really sure how to move forward, so I'll just keep researching options. I'd like to find more info on how I can change the bolt pattern. Couldn't find a shop locally that could do it. Not that there isn't one, I just haven't found them yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
                              I'm being too picky. Currently, I don't really want mesh and the 4 lug designs I want, do not have a center cap haha. Not really sure how to move forward, so I'll just keep researching options. I'd like to find more info on how I can change the bolt pattern. Couldn't find a shop locally that could do it. Not that there isn't one, I just haven't found them yet.

Bring that thing to nashville we will get your bolt pattern sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
                                Im now looking into vintage jdm style wheels in 5 lug patterns which is of course not yielding much of a result.

Anyone have an ideas?
                                Have you looked into revolution style rims made by schmidt?
                                They are made in 15x9/8, any pcd, ET -12 to 25...

I think they would be perfect for what you want.
                                Last edited by OrangeBlue; 05-14-2015, 06:24 AM. Reason: Forgot the link...

Comment

Working...
                                X