Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I freaking love the wheels man, wish my car was at this level... maybe someday
    My '66 C10 Build
    My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

• Might be bad gas?
      '88 Volvo 745 Turbo
      Instagram @Andy_Wilder

Comment

• wow i can't believe I've missed this build this long, I just sat and read all 22 pages of your build. I love everything about it, all of the attention to detail and the general theme is perfectly executed.
        IMG_20140729_210811 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

My build thread.http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33607
        Instagram: MGRAND3

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
          So im having issues getting it running properly again. I believe I sorted out an issue I had with the alternator, but still having major problems with the carbs, timing, etc. It has a tough time starting and then it idles rough and if given any throttle it backfires and bogs down. Ive been through this before, but its taking me some time to get it diagnosed.
          Chech that you dont have air leaks in your manifold. If you have one, the car cant idle stationairy. And the throthle response iisn"t that good.

From time to time i spray a can of brakecleaner round my manifold or vacuuumlines (with a running engine), if the rpm changes you have an airleak.

Air leaks in the manifold are very comon for this type of engine.

Also its very common that the su"s are worn out and wont be able to set properly. You can buy revision sets with the right needles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
            mechanical
            Are you sure its a mechanical distributor? Or is it aftermarket? Al b18or b20 distributors are vucuum controled. Even the one of the b20e injection motors.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
              I freaking love the wheels man, wish my car was at this level... maybe someday
              Thanks man, yours is looking awesome!

Originally posted by fortbrick View Post
              Might be bad gas?
              I likely has more to do with getting it tuned from removing and reinstalling the motor. It was running fine on the gas that was in the tank a month or so ago. I went and got a couple gallons just in case the sender was off to rule out the tank.

Originally posted by bostongrnM3 View Post
              wow i can't believe I've missed this build this long, I just sat and read all 22 pages of your build. I love everything about it, all of the attention to detail and the general theme is perfectly executed.
              Thank you!

Originally posted by Nald View Post
              Chech that you dont have air leaks in your manifold. If you have one, the car cant idle stationairy. And the throthle response iisn"t that good.

From time to time i spray a can of brakecleaner round my manifold or vacuuumlines (with a running engine), if the rpm changes you have an airleak.

Air leaks in the manifold are very comon for this type of engine.

Also its very common that the su"s are worn out and wont be able to set properly. You can buy revision sets with the right needles.
              I'll try the brake cleaner

Originally posted by Nald View Post
              Are you sure its a mechanical distributor? Or is it aftermarket? Al b18or b20 distributors are vucuum controled. Even the one of the b20e injection motors.
              Yeah, positive its not vacuum controlled.

Comment

• The wheels look so damn good=) Glad I helped sway your decision by recommending the plastidip. I hope you can get the running issue sorted soon so that you can go back to enjoying the car=D
                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl View Post
                  The wheels look so damn good=) Glad I helped sway your decision by recommending the plastidip. I hope you can get the running issue sorted soon so that you can go back to enjoying the car=D
                  Thanks, yeah the plastidip was definitely a good test to see how they would look. The powdercoat is a little glossier, but still not high gloss. They came out great though.

Comment

• Hey Keith, I'm following your thread now for a long time and HOLY F*** man !!! This is how I imagine my ride in a couple of years ... Now i was also looking for wheels, in that style you have now (those salt flats). Now ... what are the measurements you have ??? 17"? 7 J ???

Normally the most people just do the same thing as they see on internet or meetings. Like some "hot-rodders" and "tuningboys" (don't get me rong...) do, but you took a car that isn't that famous. And there aren't any tuning parts or (almost) no aftermarket parts and bits to find. Such as for example a mustang, camaro, impala etc ... I really like that !!! (hope there aren't much faults in my tekst because i'm from The Great Little Belgium )

Comment

• Originally posted by 64'styles View Post
                      Hey Keith, I'm following your thread now for a long time and HOLY F*** man !!! This is how I imagine my ride in a couple of years ... Now i was also looking for wheels, in that style you have now (those salt flats). Now ... what are the measurements you have ??? 17"? 7 J ???

Normally the most people just do the same thing as they see on internet or meetings. Like some "hot-rodders" and "tuningboys" (don't get me rong...) do, but you took a car that isn't that famous. And there aren't any tuning parts or (almost) no aftermarket parts and bits to find. Such as for example a mustang, camaro, impala etc ... I really like that !!! (hope there aren't much faults in my tekst because i'm from The Great Little Belgium )

Thanks, they are 17x7

Comment

• A friend lent me his carbs and I determined the fault is definitely in the carbs somewhere. The car drove fine after I put the borrowed carbs on. Test drove it for about 10 minutes and didnt get it replicate any of the issues it had with my carbs on the car. I did however notice that I could get it to lower rpms when spraying carb cleaner near the throttle shaft where the linkage connects just like it did before. So the problem may be somewhere else in the carbs because it drove fine with that same vac issue. I might have always had the problem before, but it drove fine so I never noticed it. Got some answers, but also raised more questions...

Comment

• Fucking absolutely amazing. Great work good sir.

Comment

• And since it was running I snapped a few pics with the new wheels

Last edited by Keith602; 08-14-2014, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Gorgeous

91' TT - Mines ECU, Blitz SBC@1bar, ARC WMIC, 2.5" decat, 2.5" ProFlow Exhaust, HSD's, ls400's, JapanRacing JR12's. SoarerUnion.com

Comment

• Originally posted by doninphi View Post
                                Gorgeous
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X