Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely like the beauty rings. KEEP.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

• I was at GoodGuys, I wish I saw your car there so I could have gotten a picture, your car is just spectacular!
      "I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car than win by an inch because someone else built it for me; your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book." - Moog MCM

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker

Comment

• Originally posted by SmoresTM View Post
        I kind of love the beauty rings, which is weird. I've never liked beauty rings before. But honestly all 3 set ups are awesome and you can't go wrong with any of them.
        Also, whitewalls. Do it
        the beauty rings are bad ass. adds to the classy look. great job.

Comment

• I feel like im always fighting this "is it 50's domestic or 60's european" thing. Im really not a fan of american cars in the 50's, so its funny that I own a car that was admittedly inspired by them. Most of the time I see the car as a 60's european. However, with the beauty rings it leans more into that 50's look.

Im going to run them for a while and see if they grow on me. I dont necessarily **** the rings, they do finish off the wheels in a sense. Maybe im just used to thinking about the car a certain way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
            I feel like im always fighting this "is it 50's domestic or 60's european" thing.
            That's the exact appeal of this car to me. Yours was the first I saw and it closed all the gaps between old american cars I liked and newer, boxier euro's from the 80's. It's just... perfect.

Comment

• love this man. love it. the beauty rings add a weird hint of (more) age to the car, and removes the police car look from it, but it's still dope.

either way, all three setups are lovely. really a classy overall look. keep it up!

Comment

• 1. I love your car.

2. I like the beauty rings, but I feel you on your sentiments. Perhaps brushing them would tone them down a bit more and take them away from that 50s feel? I like the highlight they bring to the wheels, but there's just something slightly off about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
                  Love how this car looks, I'm actually a bigger fan of the steelies
                  I like both ways but agree with the above... The beauty rings look sweet. I'm thinkin' brushing them would look awesome...
                  -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                  '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                  '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• It looks sweet on steelies, less chrome is better!

Zacne on facebook: www.facebook.com/ZACNEWheels

Zacne on instagram: @zacnewheels

Comment

• Definitely not feeling the chrome 300 wheels. Steelies, dog dishes, and beauty rings are the way I'd go, that setup looks incredible. Just my humble opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by hiernonymus View Post
                        That's the exact appeal of this car to me. Yours was the first I saw and it closed all the gaps between old american cars I liked and newer, boxier euro's from the 80's. It's just... perfect.
                        Originally posted by branthedon View Post
                        love this man. love it. the beauty rings add a weird hint of (more) age to the car, and removes the police car look from it, but it's still dope.

either way, all three setups are lovely. really a classy overall look. keep it up!
                        Thanks guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zacne_4 View Post
                          It looks sweet on steelies, less chrome is better!
                          Originally posted by Zack01GC View Post
                          Definitely not feeling the chrome 300 wheels. Steelies, dog dishes, and beauty rings are the way I'd go, that setup looks incredible. Just my humble opinion.
                          Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                          I like both ways but agree with the above... The beauty rings look sweet. I'm thinkin' brushing them would look awesome...
                          Yeah, the steelies are more of a favorite for obvious reasons. The 300c wheels were a dirt cheap craigslist grab just for fun really. Some angles those wheels look great and some, they just look wrong haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Rally View Post
                            1. I love your car.

2. I like the beauty rings, but I feel you on your sentiments. Perhaps brushing them would tone them down a bit more and take them away from that 50s feel? I like the highlight they bring to the wheels, but there's just something slightly off about them.
                            Thanks man! I actually hadnt thought of doing that. The caps are more of a polished look anyways so if I can get the rings to match that closer they might work.

Sidenote: loving the mini, awaiting updates

Comment

• I reallye like this project, the volvo amazon is so amazing

This year i shot an amazon on an oldtimer event:

Volvo amazon von Kevin Kistermann auf Flickr
                              KMK Fotografie

Comment

• Hi!
                                I've joined the forum just to follow your build.
                                It's just sooo subtle!

Several Amazon's have been fitted in airride here in Scandinavia over the years, but this is the first project thread I've found about an installation. Very interesting!

Bilsport, Scandinavias biggest tuning magazine, has also picked up on this project.
                                http://www.bilsport.se/artikel/volvo...till-gangster/
                                Of course they've featuread a lot of extreme Volvo builds over the years, I guess that's just why they love to see something so simple and subtle.

I drive a 1968 P220 Amazon Wagon in desperate need of some serious lowering.
                                I probably won't be able to afford airride for 2014.
                                So it'll probably just get a few coils cut off, for now...

Here it is, with a set of Lesjöfors 30mm "lowering" springs.
                                Otherwise bone stock, just as I bought it in June this year
                                Of course I've got a lot of subtle modifications planned.
                                As it'll be my daily driver from spring to autumn, I'll take it step by step...
                                Last edited by Kid-A; 11-26-2013, 12:06 PM.
                                1968 Volvo P220 Amazon Wagon
                                1957 VW Beetle

Comment

Working...
                                X