Aired out = rad as hell

Props dude.
    Thanks guys!

Comment

• ---
      Last edited by Bartezz; 11-06-2013, 03:13 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602
        Needed to cut the upper arm nearest to the engine for the bag to clear (after the above pic was taken).
        Not sure what you mean by 'nearest to the engine? The upper A-arm? There is not much meat to cut or is there?

This guy recreated the upper A-arm for a coilover conversion, but only because he cut and widend the shock tower in the front suspension;

Originally posted by Keith602
        Needed to cut the spring cups in the back quite a bit as well.
        I guess removing the cup all together like they do for a coilover conversion could be an option, right?

We'll see. Pulled the sway bar obviously.
        You're leaving it like this? Car insurance company would have my ass over here if I had an accident without one. How about this; http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...&postcount=184

I went with the 2400lb bags, which are still a little too big...
        Never used bags so a noob question; what about diameter? When I'll be shopping for bags do I get bags that aren't wider in diameter than my springs when deflated, correct?

Sorry for the truckload of questions. If I get there I will be needing to import the parts from the States, better make sure I do it right the first time

Cheers

Comment

• Ah crap, now I know what you mean. You cut this off, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartezz View Post
            Ah crap, now I know what you mean. You cut this off, right?

I didnt cut that, but yes, that could be cut if you wanted to go lower. The area I was referring to was actually below the spring cup where it rubbed, couldnt think of a way to describe that.
            Last edited by Keith602; 06-30-2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Beautiful

Such a great car!
              Bone stock 2004 Audi A8

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
                Deflated

It´s so beautiful.
                Medium-low...

Comment

• Thanx a million on the detailed info and pics. It's helping me a ton!

Did you check the link on the sway bar? (http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...&postcount=184)

Cheers,
                  Bart

Comment

Thanx a million on the detailed info and pics. It's helping me a ton!

Did you check the link on the sway bar? (http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...&postcount=184)

Cheers,
                    Bart
                    Glad I could help. Any pics of what you have going?

Comment

• Very much enjoyed going through this build start to finish. Very cool car dude and nice, tasteful mods!

How does it drive for comfort on the bags compared to the cut springs you ran previously?

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
                        Glad I could help. Any pics of what you have going?
                        Nothing going yet First things on the list is to replace my engine which is almost done. Specs are very similar to http://www.vclassics.com/mppe1.html but with a different cam and possibly with megajolt ignition.

Then my plan is to swap the M41 gearbox with a T5 and the rear axle with a 240 axle so I have disc brakes. But since I haven't got much experience working on cars this all is long term planning. Learning as I go.

When this is all done I'm hoping to bag the beast

Cheers,
                        Bart

Comment

Nothing going yet First things on the list is to replace my engine which is almost done. Specs are very similar to http://www.vclassics.com/mppe1.html but with a different cam and possibly with megajolt ignition.

Then my plan is to swap the M41 gearbox with a T5 and the rear axle with a 240 axle so I have disc brakes. But since I haven't got much experience working on cars this all is long term planning. Learning as I go.

When this is all done I'm hoping to bag the beast

Cheers,
                          Bart

Sounds like a good project! Start a build thread if you haven't yet

Comment

• Originally posted by The Simps View Post
                            Very much enjoyed going through this build start to finish. Very cool car dude and nice, tasteful mods!

How does it drive for comfort on the bags compared to the cut springs you ran previously?
                            It rides much better!. It was basically as low as it could go on cut springs, so having some suspension travel is great. I dont wince and brace myself over little things in the road anymore haha.

Comment

• Got a second set of wheels. Gives it a different look. Running a 25mm spacer upfront and 10mm in the rear. Wanted to do something that wasnt obvious (torque thrusts, minilites, etc) but at the same not go too modern.
                              Last edited by Keith602; 06-24-2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Those look rad=)
                                95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

Working...
                                X