Good From Far...Far From Good..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good From Far...Far From Good..

So..I have a Mercedes 300D W123 Chassis. Honestly I haven't done too much, Interiors pretty stock except for a woodgrain shift knob, and a "few" stickers . The suspension has chopped springs in the front (2.5 coils) and chopped in the rear (2 coils). I'm still 50/50 on whether I should go air ride or static? Please leave your two cents on the subject, but for now I'm happy with how it sits, I mean for cut springs it doesn't even ride rough so I'm in no rush.
     photo IMG_1156_zpsd196d5b9.jpg

photo IMG_1140_zps7077e8ba.jpg

photo IMG_1204_zps0f9a5952.jpg

photo IMG_1199_zps5406f7f4.jpg

SOMEBODY was trying to be Mr. Badass and install the intake through the fog light, well that would probably be nice for a turbodiesel engine build, which after some rookie mistakes on my part has been postponed, so this car is just N/A. So the filter is pointless IMO I will be purchasing the euro style headlights next weekend.

And the front lip was chopped off a w126 turbodiesel.

photo IMG_1221_zps2d6f2e40.jpg

So yeah, I plan on building a turbodiesel engine for it, the donor car is sitting in the back, and hopefully starting a build thread will keep me motivated to actually do it. I keep talking about doing a big turbo, built injection pump, blah blah blah but itll probably just end up as a stock OM617 turbo. I guess we'll see!

Here's the interior, it is pretty clean for being original, it sat for a very long time, thats why the paint has some aging, but the interior looks new, I got lucky for once! ha
    I wired the aftermarket stereo into the glove box, because it just didn't fit in with the rest of the interior. I like the original look.

photo IMG_1231_zps80c2f12c.jpg

photo IMG_1232_zps5f016ddf.jpg

photo IMG_1236_zpsad353c8c.jpg

photo IMG_1234_zps56705d65.jpg

photo IMG_1235_zps115be103.jpg

Yeah so that's where I'm at currently. Plus I've done lots of engine repair..but just to get it to a good running condition. Nothing too major.

-Any ideas on wheels?? I have a few myself but its all just thoughts.
    -Links/Info on air set-ups would be much appreciated too!
    -Any other ideas on what you guys think I should do to this thang
    "The lowest part of my car is the budget"

I would suggest removing the blackout from the headlights.

Its absolutely does not suit the character of the car in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post

Completely agree. Yuck

insta:yungwymo

Comment

The headrests are dope
        GIVE ME A SCREW DRIVER I CAN START A JAG, I DONE START A LAMBORGHINI WITH A POLICE BADGE

Comment

Originally posted by DizzyDane View Post
          So..I have a Mercedes 300D W123 Chassis. Honestly I haven't done too much, Interiors pretty stock except for a woodgrain shift knob, and a "few" stickers . The suspension has chopped springs in the front (2.5 coils) and chopped in the rear (2 coils). I'm still 50/50 on whether I should go air ride or static? Please leave your two cents on the subject, but for now I'm happy with how it sits, I mean for cut springs it doesn't even ride rough so I'm in no rush.
           photo IMG_1156_zpsd196d5b9.jpg

photo IMG_1140_zps7077e8ba.jpg

photo IMG_1204_zps0f9a5952.jpg

photo IMG_1199_zps5406f7f4.jpg

SOMEBODY was trying to be Mr. Badass and install the intake through the fog light, well that would probably be nice for a turbodiesel engine build, which after some rookie mistakes on my part has been postponed, so this car is just N/A. So the filter is pointless IMO I will be purchasing the euro style
          led light next weekend.

And the front lip was chopped off a w126 turbodiesel.

photo IMG_1221_zps2d6f2e40.jpg

So yeah, I plan on building a turbodiesel engine for it, the donor car is sitting in the back, and hopefully starting a build thread will keep me motivated to actually do it. I keep talking about doing a big turbo, built injection pump, blah blah blah but itll probably just end up as a stock OM617 turbo. I guess we'll see!

Here's the interior, it is pretty clean for being original, it sat for a very long time, thats why the paint has some aging, but the interior looks new, I got lucky for once! ha
          I wired the aftermarket stereo into the glove box, because it just didn't fit in with the rest of the interior. I like the original look.

photo IMG_1231_zps80c2f12c.jpg

photo IMG_1232_zps5f016ddf.jpg

photo IMG_1236_zpsad353c8c.jpg

photo IMG_1234_zps56705d65.jpg

photo IMG_1235_zps115be103.jpg

Yeah so that's where I'm at currently. Plus I've done lots of engine repair..but just to get it to a good running condition. Nothing too major.

Awesome.. You have a real beauty to drive..Try to concentrate more on interiors
          Last edited by GlennPhillips; 06-27-2013, 12:26 AM.

Comment

good car,You have a real beauty to drive..Try to concentrate more on interiors

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post

Yeah the whole headlight situation isn't too good to begin with, I think the euro lights will save it, and I have another set of side markers laying around, Somewhere, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by DizzyDane View Post

SOMEBODY was trying to be Mr. Badass and install the intake through the fog light, well that would probably be nice for a turbodiesel engine build, which after some rookie mistakes on my part has been postponed, so this car is just N/A.

Since you are building another engine. Once its put together install a pyrometer and start playing with the fuel pump. There are some good writeups on superturbodisel. I'm new to aesthtics so, no input there.

Comment

good car,You have a real beauty to drive

Comment

Yep dude, the euro-headlights will be perfect!
                    Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
                    Oh, and your car too.

Comment

front lights are ugly as hell

nice platform, and that interior looks pretty immaculate
                      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Go air, trying to piece together static suspension for these cars is a lot more trouble than it is worth haha

Comment

I think if would be cool if you left it static, but everything you've done so far I think turned out pretty damn good. Yes to the euro lights but other than that either get coilovers , if they even make them for that old of a merc ( honestly not sure) but you have something pretty damn cool going here. I'll be watching

Comment

Thoose headlights made me think of this

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                              front lights are ugly as hell

nice platform, and that interior looks pretty immaculate
                              Thank you, I'm pretty much done with messing with the interior also. I think it'd be best to leave it all original since it's actually nice to begin with!

Originally posted by Belvader View Post
                              I think if would be cool if you left it static, but everything you've done so far I think turned out pretty damn good. Yes to the euro lights but other than that either get coilovers , if they even make them for that old of a merc ( honestly not sure) but you have something pretty damn cool going here. I'll be watching
                              Yeah the euro lights are pretty much a sure thing now. I can't stand looking at the front of the car like that right now. And from what I've heard if I want to go static I either live with what i have now, Or I build custom coilovers for the car, since there really is no aftermarket suspension for this thing.

But I feel going air will be much less of a headache, especially in the front where I think all I'm going to have to do is weld up a cup for the bags then swap them with the coils, since the shocks are bolted on a separate spot

Originally posted by Marq_ View Post
                              Thoose headlights made me think of this
                              Lol ^^^

Update: Just doing repairs once again. The flex disk exploded on my trip home from San Diego so I should probably take care of that first, And I'm going to throw all new cv boots on the axles in the back, Half of them have really torn up now (Probably due to lowering the car) Once that's all squared up I'm going to start tearing into the turbodiesel I have parked in the back

Comment

Working...
                              X