No announcement yet.

The Mullet Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, after a shit ton of ideas, bullshit and other lame ass shit. The car still has the V6. But I cut the rear springs and brought the nose down a little more. Once I can find stable work I'll order weight jacks, springs, and Koni Yellows. Then I can go lower than I am now.

1989 Chevy Camaro RS | 1981 Mercedes 500SE AMG

Originally posted by Skraight.
    And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

Little update, bought a rebuilt 327 and a brand new 700R for $1,000. Gotta buy some small things for it, paint it and make it look nice then drop it in. Should be done within the next month or two.

And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

After some research the block is a 327/350 out of a 66 Corvette. Sadly somebody fucked with it and it has shit 624 casting heads. Either way, its better than my pos V6. I took the valve covers off, exhaust manifolds, and the V belt accessories off. Next weekend I'm going to pull the heads to check out what's underneath. Going to find a EFI intake, get some better heads, order some headers and start accumulating parts for the swap. Going to go with a Megasquirt 3.0 ECM and probably build a new harness, what's in the car is 25 years old now so it won't hurt to go with new shit.

Motor has roller tipped rockers on it.

Comment

So a update for those of you who follow this. I have the motor in the car and running. Just sorting out some power steering issues and fan wiring issues now.

Going to use my DSLR to take a better video of it tomorrow.

Comment

Sooooooo.

It's be a really long time since I've updated this thread. But I've got the 327 running and I've been driving it. Working on getting a manual swap in, and finding new wheels. I put 1" spacers on the wheels this morning. I'm going to have to roll the fenders it's rub city in this thing now, but I think it looks wicked.

Comment

Sold the IROCs to my buddy. Got a set of C4 Vette Sawblades. 275/40/17 all the way around. Probably will go to 315s in the rear at some point soon. Swapped in a 4th Camaro posi rear with disc brakes.

Put the front wheels on. I have to add a 5mm spacer to the 2" spacers on it so it will clear my coil-overs in the front.

Buddy I sold the IROCs to helping me pull the rear.

Just as we were getting ready to put the new one in it rained. I ended up finishing the swap today myself.

I have to mill the hubs on the wheels to fit the rear so I still have the rear jacked up with a couple lugs snugged on. But the front is on the ground. I've got a list of things to finish on Monday. Trans pan gasket, tighten my exhaust up, fix my wiper motor, and finish wiring in my oil pressure and temp gauges. Plus whatever else I come across I need to do. Next up is a manual swap.

The wheels are growing on me more and more. I just like having wide wheels now.

Comment

Figured I'd update this thread. I picked up a set of C6 Corvette wheels a month ago, now finally getting them to fit correctly. As far as fitment goes the rears are on point, just need to go lower, fronts still need more spacer so that's coming up. Looking to get the fenders rolled this week as well.

Comment

Keep the updates coming!

Comment

Nice mullet m8 !

Comment

Cool car, sub'd.
                      KMK454
                      IG: kurtkphoto

Comment

Love it

Comment

Working...