No announcement yet.

'Murica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's this nonsense about not being able to do burnout in AWD car?
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Boner jams.

That thing would look wonderful with a turbo blanket and all the hot pipes wrapped in heat wrap.

What kinda of stuff needs to be done to the driveline to handle the extra power?

Also, what's the plan for engine management?

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

I'll let my pops see what he can do as far as AWD burnouts. When this turbo lights and he's on street tires there will be no hope for traction.

Originally posted by andybob View Post
        Boner jams.

That thing would look wonderful with a turbo blanket and all the hot pipes wrapped in heat wrap.

What kinda of stuff needs to be done to the driveline to handle the extra power?

Also, what's the plan for engine management?
        We are actually getting a blanket as well as ceramic coating everything and wrapping it. We REALLY need to keep the heat down as the hood is fiberglass. My dad wanted to go with black wrap but I suggested the old school brown wrap for a vintage look. So that's the entire aim right now. There will be some nifty stuff in the future as far as that goes

As for the driveline the is a half-filled and built 392 Hemi sitting on an engine stand in our shop. We also have the very first Paramount built AWD trans. It's the heaviest duty trans you can build as of now. We are really in with all the new Hemi companies as that's our focus so we get cool deals on stuff.

Engine management will be DiabloSport (basically converts factory ecu to a standalone) and tuned in house with a Trinity T1000. An E-Boost 2 will take care of boost control as well as a small 150ish shot to light the turbo off the line. I don't remember what TCM we will be using though...

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
          I'll let my pops see what he can do as far as AWD burnouts. When this turbo lights and he's on street tires there will be no hope for traction.

We are actually getting a blanket as well as ceramic coating everything and wrapping it. We REALLY need to keep the heat down as the hood is fiberglass. My dad wanted to go with black wrap but I suggested the old school brown wrap for a vintage look. So that's the entire aim right now. There will be some nifty stuff in the future as far as that goes

As for the driveline the is a half-filled and built 392 Hemi sitting on an engine stand in our shop. We also have the very first Paramount built AWD trans. It's the heaviest duty trans you can build as of now. We are really in with all the new Hemi companies as that's our focus so we get cool deals on stuff.

Engine management will be DiabloSport (basically converts factory ecu to a standalone) and tuned in house with a Trinity T1000. An E-Boost 2 will take care of boost control as well as a small 150ish shot to light the turbo off the line. I don't remember what TCM we will be using though...
          obamanotbad.jpg

This is gonna be awesome.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Crap this awesome. This Jeep is going to F up the Earths rotation.

Comment

Holy crap, this is really impressive.

Comment

Micah, ily.

I always forget you secretly know how to build crazy turbo setups and junk and make things stupid fast.

And hey, what would you guys say to helping me do the turbo on my car? Converting it all to standalone/ efi, as well as fabricating stuff is a little on the verge/ well over my capabilities.

Anyway, carry on. This is jaw dropping.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

You are going to tune it with a trinity? I had one for my car but sold it, was not happy with the options it gave.

Comment

Originally posted by keeton View Post
                    Holy crap, this is really impressive.

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                    Micah, ily.

I always forget you secretly know how to build crazy turbo setups and junk and make things stupid fast.

And hey, what would you guys say to helping me do the turbo on my car? Converting it all to standalone/ efi, as well as fabricating stuff is a little on the verge/ well over my capabilities.

Anyway, carry on. This is jaw dropping.
                    ilyt.

I try not to make it known, if you know what I mean.

And umm YES. This will be sick. I'm thinking twin HX-35s. Why yes of course... that will do nicely. You car will be an absolute cakewalk compared to this too.

Originally posted by Skraight. View Post
                    You are going to tune it with a trinity? I had one for my car but sold it, was not happy with the options it gave.
                    It sounds like you are thinking of a Predator. The Trinity has every option ever in the history of ever. Do you need to monitor your gas tank level? No. But you can.

The Predator is not very good while the latest thing on the market, the In-tune, is an absolute bust.
                    Last edited by M.Doban; 02-28-2014, 10:17 AM.

Builds:

Comment

ho lee sheet
                      sigpic

Pronounced Eve-odd Rich-E

Comment

I would love to see this level of fab work on your Civic!

Comment

Originally posted by anth View Post
                          I would love to see this level of fab work on your Civic!
                          Haha! Thanks. Actually, it's there, but I just did it all before digital cameras were really a household thing and before Stanceworks was around. So I really don't have any pictures of everything I've done. Also it's nowhere near as complicated, HA!

Just you wait for my next car though One more year of college... soon.

Builds:

Comment

Alrighty, kids. It's been a good bit since there's been an update on this thing.

And that's because I haven't been working on it.

But I did a lot tonight.

As of now, all of the exhaust, turbo supply, and intercooler piping is 100% complete and fully welded.

The only things left to do are these: BOV, Wastegate (both very easy... 2 hour job), bungs for three O2 sensors (also easy peasy Japanesey), make an upper rad hose, and run the oil supply and return lines to the turbo. Those will be a bit harder as there is not much room at all.

But here are some completed pictures. We are going to run it with the piping as is for a wee bit to make sure everything seals and nothing cracks, and then it's off to the ceramic coater's and we will then wrap all the exhaust stuff.

Enjoy. 'Murica.

edit: sorry about the undercar pictures... idk why the camera can't handle that.

Last edited by M.Doban; 02-28-2014, 10:18 AM.

Builds:

Comment

so much win. great work

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

Fuck yeah!
                                Sup. Call me Z.
                                My Accord "build".

Comment

Working...
                                X