Clear All

• +100 for cat.

Comment

• Buy avantgarde grill

Comment

• +1 on grill, also marshmallow is boss
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Your Benz so clean and the outcome on those bags and wheels are just perfect. Makes me sad I lost interest in my 300E gaser

1990 Honda Civic Wagon - SOLD
          1997 BMW 318i Vert
          1992 Mercedes Benz 300e - SOLD
          1970 Mercedes Benz 250
          1976 Volvo 242DL

Comment

• Kitty is getting big. Hope all is well man!
            Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasd View Post
              Buy avantgarde grill
              S600 / Avantgarde grille is absolutely on the list. There are two versions out there, the one that's currently on the market that apparently fits like shit, and a long-discontinued one that fits like factory. Supposedly. Anyway, I've got my feelers out for the latter.

Originally posted by Dano View Post
              Your Benz so clean and the outcome on those bags and wheels are just perfect. Makes me sad I lost interest in my 300E gaser
              Thank you! I love this car, but they can be a handful, so I don't totally blame for for having lost interest in yours. Still, looking forward to what you come up with on the Lexus!

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
              Kitty is getting big. Hope all is well man!
              She is indeed! We had our four-month visit to the vet the other day, and she's up over four pounds, so twice the size of when we picked her up just four weeks ago. The breeder we used tends to produce BIG kitties, so it's entirely possible she ends up being an enormous monster

EDIT: Also, I was looking over her pedigree chart the other day, and one of her great great grandfathers was named Puff Daddy, so, that's pretty hilarious
              Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 02-22-2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Your Benz looks perfect. Makes me want to get mine all fitted and on the ground as well. Not sure what my plans will be with the lexus, but I also have that e36 stashed away in the garage thinking that could be a future build as well

1997 BMW 318i Vert
                1970 Mercedes Benz 250
                1976 Volvo 242DL

Comment

• This is the first time I've actually read through this (the least I could do for all the help you've given me) and it's fantastic. By reading what you posted about all the air setup, I really understand why you've given me opinions to sway certain ways.

10/10 would recommend/read again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dano View Post
                    Your Benz looks perfect. Makes me want to get mine all fitted and on the ground as well. Not sure what my plans will be with the lexus, but I also have that e36 stashed away in the garage thinking that could be a future build as well
                    I didn't know you had an E36! I'm jealous of all the storage space you must have.

I've been dying to see someone do a VIP-inspired E36 coupe, sort of in the vein of the VIP-style S14s you see from time-to-time. Never seen it done, which means either it's totally original and awesome, or it's a terrible idea

Originally posted by Creation View Post
                    This is the first time I've actually read through this (the least I could do for all the help you've given me) and it's fantastic. By reading what you posted about all the air setup, I really understand why you've given me opinions to sway certain ways.

10/10 would recommend/read again.
                    Cheers! That's very kind of you to say. I'm glad to hear it's been helpful.
                    Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 02-23-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• Do you have a video of your arduino remote setup yet?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
                        I've been dying to see someone do a VIP-inspired E36 coupe, sort of in the vein of the VIP-style S14s you see from time-to-time. Never seen it done, which means either it's totally original and awesome, or it's a terrible idea
                        I've had this idea for a while as well. I would do a white e36 on white Weds kranze bazreia. I haven't seen anything similar to this but I tend to think that because most e36 people try to look somewhat sporty. But that could be such a cool build if done meticulously.

Comment

• I have some space to keep my projects nice and dry
                          The e36 Ive had for about 2 years, its been just hanging out in the garage just waiting for me to get in and work in it. Its actually a drop top vert with really low miles, with around 82k miles. Need to get my top installed and some body work due to vandalism scratches.
                          That would be interesting to see someone do that to their e36, not really sure what im going to do with mine. Need to get it road worthy first then the rest.

1997 BMW 318i Vert
                          1970 Mercedes Benz 250
                          1976 Volvo 242DL

Comment

• Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                            Do you have a video of your arduino remote setup yet?
                            Not yet, but I'll get on that. I owe you guys an update on how it all turned out.

Originally posted by thatbeetleguy View Post
                            I've had this idea for a while as well. I would do a white e36 on white Weds kranze bazreia. I haven't seen anything similar to this but I tend to think that because most e36 people try to look somewhat sporty. But that could be such a cool build if done meticulously.
                            My thoughts are largely similar, but then again, I tend to think Bazreias look good on just about everything, so...

Originally posted by Dano View Post
                            I have some space to keep my projects nice and dry
                            The e36 Ive had for about 2 years, its been just hanging out in the garage just waiting for me to get in and work in it. Its actually a drop top vert with really low miles, with around 82k miles. Need to get my top installed and some body work due to vandalism scratches.
                            That would be interesting to see someone do that to their e36, not really sure what im going to do with mine. Need to get it road worthy first then the rest.
                            Lucky bastard. I've got room for my two and the Vespa project and that's IT.

I've always liked the E36 verts. The fact that BMW got that top to fold perfectly flush with the window line / trunk surface is just plain beautiful design.

Comment

• Welp, I pulled the big bastard out of hibernation the other day, and gave it its first detail of the year. In September, should everything pan out the way I'm hoping, I'll be headed back to school to finally finish my damn Ph.D, so while I was buffing, I made a list of stuff I want to get finished before then. It is as follows:

- Refinish the MAEs. The paint on them is great for 20-year-old wheels, but they're ready for some lovin'. Current plan is to bring the lips back to a mirror polish and brush the faces. I'm shopping for a surface treatment for the brushed section that isn't clear powder. I haven't found anything I'm in love with yet.

- Redo hard lines. The PTC fittings need to GTFO and so does the copper.

- Redo trunk floor. I'm bored with the mahogany, and shit slides around on it like mad. I've got an idea in my head, but I've got a guinea pig I'm going to test it out on first.

- Refinish interior wood trim. The trim around the shifter is cracked from its previous life in California, and the obnoxious red-orange finish is too much color for the interior. If my trunk floor idea pans out, the two will match.

- Replace the headliner. Still deciding on material. Suede is probably out - I'm bored to death with it. Undoubtably something will catch my eye soon. There's a small part of me that wants to use the Clan MacGregor tartan, but that may be a little too "fun" for this car.

- Window tint. Why it's taken me this long to get it done is beyond me, but I'm going to get around to it. 35% all the way around.

- Build fiberglass speaker pods. The door speaker location on these cars is hilariously bad, and the dash speaker location is even worse. I need to build fiberglass pods to move the components up toward the front of the door, where they belong.

- Do something about the exhaust tip. Right now it's got just the factory turn-down on it, and it's pretty damn ugly. The stock exhaust is very well-tuned from the factory, so I've no need for a catback or anything, but I'd love some shiny shiny back there.

- Figure out some kind of front lip situation that doesn't involve shit from Home Depot or zip ties.

There's a lot of little stuff that's on the list too, but I won't bore you with an exhaustive list. I did, however, already check off one thing on my to-do list, which is that the blower motor fan finally doesn't squeak! I thought I had it fixed previously, but it started squeaking within a few weeks. This time I ran the bearings under a mixture of motor oil and ATF for a few minutes, and so far the squeaking is gone, thank Christ.

Also, today I was going to do a bunch of yard work, but I said FUCK IT and took some more pics, so you all finally have your reprieve from my endless reposts of that photo set I took under the Fremont Bridge last year:

Oh yeah, one last thing on the list:

- Get a fo' real photo shoot done. Anyone out there want to be paid in ribs off my smoker and cheap Japanese beer?

MOAR SOON
                              Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 04-16-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• I only accept payment in trident layers gum.

Comment

Working...
                                X