No announcement yet.

Medium Pimpin' - 1995 E300 diesel build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right on! Where in Oregon are you two headed?

Sadly, you're looking at a rebuild on your trans, but apparently it's doable by yourself if you're brave.

Or you could swap in a 5-speed

Comment

• Great taste in stereo equipment. I had an Fi SSD in one of my past cars. I haven't owned a sub since that sounded as good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
        Right on! Where in Oregon are you two headed?

Sadly, you're looking at a rebuild on your trans, but apparently it's doable by yourself if you're brave.

Or you could swap in a 5-speed
        Her job is in John Day and we will be living in the boom town of Prairie City!! (pop. 878) So we will be on the far East side, Wish I was closer to Portland, My best bud is in Gresham (The one who owns the White Integra featured a few times in my Grand National thread) But either way i'm excited to head back North finally. I see you are in Portland, I would love to see that Merc in person, too bad i'm damn near 5 hours away!

Yeah, thats what I have been reading. Does not sound fun!!

That would be awesome... If it was not linked to the dog of a petrol motor

------------------Buick Grand National Build--------------------

--------------The War Wagon W124 E320 Wagon----------

Comment

• Originally posted by lamsv View Post
          Great taste in stereo equipment. I had an Fi SSD in one of my past cars. I haven't owned a sub since that sounded as good.
          The Fi Q is a force of nature, let me tell you. I'm absolutely blown away by it - it's tight, musical, unbelievably fast, and the amount of volume it produces is exceptional, especially for being underpowered by 300W, and stuck inside a tiny box, firing sideways, in an essentially sealed trunk, through a huge fuel tank. It is, as an old boss of mine would say, "a hell of a thing."

Originally posted by Azrial89 View Post
          Her job is in John Day and we will be living in the boom town of Prairie City!! (pop. 878) So we will be on the far East side, Wish I was closer to Portland, My best bud is in Gresham (The one who owns the White Integra featured a few times in my Grand National thread) But either way i'm excited to head back North finally. I see you are in Portland, I would love to see that Merc in person, too bad i'm damn near 5 hours away!

Yeah, thats what I have been reading. Does not sound fun!!

That would be awesome... If it was not linked to the dog of a petrol motor
          Good 'ol Grant County! It's empty out there, but it's super pretty. Since you're going to be on the east side, make sure at least once you make the trip to Hat Point at Hells Canyon and to Steens Mountain and the Alvord Desert. Both are more than worth the drive. If you ever do make it to my side of the mountains, I'd be happy to show off the old Mercedes!

Oh, and if you think your gasser is slow, you need to drive one with an OM606 like mine. My 140HP Lancer feels like a cruise missile.

Comment

• Right on dude this is dope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
              Good 'ol Grant County! It's empty out there, but it's super pretty. Since you're going to be on the east side, make sure at least once you make the trip to Hat Point at Hells Canyon and to Steens Mountain and the Alvord Desert. Both are more than worth the drive. If you ever do make it to my side of the mountains, I'd be happy to show off the old Mercedes!

Oh, and if you think your gasser is slow, you need to drive one with an OM606 like mine. My 140HP Lancer feels like a cruise missile.
              Thats what I keep seeing! Awesome, those places look incredible. Sounds good man, I'll have to let you know if i'm out there!

Well having driven my Grand National as a daily for years, the Merc feels luck a slug!

------------------Buick Grand National Build--------------------

--------------The War Wagon W124 E320 Wagon----------

Comment

• We need more cute cats and pimp nasty mercs.
                Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Well, I can honor the former very shortly, in fact! The kitten comes home from the breeder on Saturday, and we have decided to name her the greatest name ever: Marshmallow!

Pretty exciting! I haven't had a kitten in the house in just shy of 17 years, so it's going to be interesting. Like all irritating cat people, I'll probably start a YouTube channel and post lots of poorly-edited videos on it.

Let's see, the car. Put a battery in it a while back. Pretty cool. The vacuum-operated door locks don't behave very sanely when the battery is toast, let me tell you.

Drove around with a bunch of ladies in the car and ate caviar and drank Moscow Mules, feeling like a proper Russian crime boss, except for the fact that I have good taste and no money and only one of them sleeps with me. And then one of them vomited in my guest room. Good times. But they liked the car!

One more pic for now:

Things are happening soon. Good things. But they're secret things.

This post was brought to you by Four Roses Bourbon.
                  Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 02-07-2015, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• MAE's and MB's go together like AK47's and Russian Crime Bosses.

Comment

• Marshmallow looks legit. Train him/ her to walk on a leash and fab up a custom scratching post arm rest in the back seat. (You wont)
                      Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                        a custom scratching post arm rest in the back seat.
                        that would be balling
                        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• This makes me sad that my thread is almost as long, not as funny and doesn't have a semblance of productivity.
                          I enjoy your car, write-up, philosophy, attitude and car (again). I will look on expectantly for secret things.
                          Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                          You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

• Marshmallow looks like a proper crime boss cat, indeed.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Mahogony floor

Originally posted by floatingdino View Post
                              I enjoy your car, write-up, philosophy, attitude and car (again). I will look on expectantly for secret things.
                              Same goes here, to me this thread is an inspiration now. Thank you!
                              Not that i have the same craftman skills as you, but i will be trying.

One question, do you somehow fixed the Mahogony to the floor of the trunk?
                              If not, does it not rattle?
                              I'm about to do the same to my W124, because it looks so nice in your car.

Thanks again

Comment

• Thank you as always for the kind words, everyone!

Little Marshmallow has settled in over the past couple of weeks and has firmly colonized our home. She's an absolute riot to have around:

If you're the kind of person who watches stupid cat videos on YouTube, I've got a few posted here: link

And now, back to business.

Originally posted by berlina View Post
                                One question, do you somehow fixed the Mahogony to the floor of the trunk?
                                If not, does it not rattle?
                                I'm about to do the same to my W124, because it looks so nice in your car.

Thanks again
                                The mahogany is all glued to a backer board, which fits tightly against the sub enclosure and the sides of the trunk. I get no rattling, but it's pretty tightly wedged in there. If you do the same, you might consider wrapping the edges in felt where it contacts the front and back walls of the trunk, just to prevent any noise.

Comment

Working...
                                X