Just another E39 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Belgian_Astra View Post
    Looks great man! I love all your headlight works!

Grtz
    Thanks!

Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
    55mm spacers! Brave man! Wheel bearings will be done in no time.

Sits so so well though dude
    Thanks bro! And everyone keeps saying the bearings thing but I previously had 40/and 35mm for like a year now and no issues..Ofcourse the bearing lifespan is indeed shortened, but not as extreme as some may think

My Build thread..http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46154

Comment

• this thread is coming along so nicely. not sure how i feel about the wheels, but they fit better than the style 5's. keep it up man i dig it!
      instagram: willlarney
      big dumb e39 build

Comment

• Yeah, nice work on those headlights! And a sweet new set of wheels, though I liked the 17's a tad more, but who am I?

Keep it up!

Comment

• I found what I was looking for. Unfortunately, I sold my e39 and moved onto a couple of s4's. To answer a few questions for people still viewing this thread, i'll lay it out. I don't wanna get into technicalities or a genital measuring contest- but I never saw pictures of a lower static e39 than when I had mine. My frame/subframe clearance was the thickness of 4 credit cards stacked, granted I was on 17's. I tucked flush 17's on all 4 corners, with generously pulled fenders. I drug my lip everywhere I went, and got into the habit of replacing it every 3 weeks as it became disproportionate. my spring rates were 28k/24k which helped tremendously, but it was impossible to keep the frame off the ground. Yes, I went through bumpers. 3 in one summer to be exact, lol. Replaced my gas tanks once and before the second set, I decided to fit tanks from the e46 because of their smaller dimensions, simply to prevent scraping through- which would be shortly followed by a fire from throwing sparks. My rear control arms were filed to a flat edge abut 1" above the original point, along with shaving front control arms through, essentially to the bushings. i didn't have dented rockers, so I got lucky I guess. Anyone looking to go super low and push the envelope on these cars, don't hesitate to ask

Comment

Working...
          X