• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Queef|Chief View Post
    Do work son! Progress is turning out nicely
    Ditto

Comment

Thanks guys!

Finally had a little more time to just clean some stuff up.

First up was polishing up the ashtrays which I figured I'd have to just replace but these look pretty decent for now.

Before:

After:

Then after a ton of cleaning, got the handles cleaned, it was like whoever owned the car that had these didn't believe in washing their hands.

Then cleaned up the rear cards, the front need cleaned but I need to re-attach the leather at the bottom of the cards to tighten them back up. Also looking into rewrapping the chrome trim since the current condition is pretty poor.

My '66 C10 Build
      My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Enjoying this build. Keep up the good work

insta:yungwymo

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt Lay View Post
          Enjoying this build. Keep up the good work
          Thanks man!

So went and bought some vinyl to work on the rear deck. Also cut some other pieces for the console and also ordered something to finish up the console but more on that when it comes lol... I'll leave you with a bland boring uneventful picture

Last edited by 99sil-teg; 12-26-2013, 11:10 PM.
          My '66 C10 Build
          My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Originally posted by Dylanhat View Post
            Great looking 02, I will let you know what I think about the GC setup as it is going on my car soon. For suspension I would just upgrade the bushings to urethane and get bigger anti roll bars. If you are needing any stock from under the hood let me know because I might not need it anymore.
            Sounds good, actually leaning towards catuned building me some Coilovers in a couple months.

Doing interior work tonight, no done yet but here is some progress so far.

My '66 C10 Build
            My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Nice work, hadn't seen this yet. Glad to see things being done right.

Oh, and thanks for posting the triumph mirror. I've been meaning to check ebay for a set of talbot's again, and that reminded me. I"ve been looking for a decent used set that isn't worth more than the car for a couple years now. Low and behold I found a pair for a reasonable amount.

Hurray for stylish, period correct mirrors!
              Tinker Engineering - 2014

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all
              Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep
              Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history
              Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now

Comment

Originally posted by TinkWithanR View Post
                Nice work, hadn't seen this yet. Glad to see things being done right.

Oh, and thanks for posting the triumph mirror. I've been meaning to check ebay for a set of talbot's again, and that reminded me. I"ve been looking for a decent used set that isn't worth more than the car for a couple years now. Low and behold I found a pair for a reasonable amount.

Hurray for stylish, period correct mirrors!
                Yeah I was wanting a Talbot mirror but just couldn't justify dropping that much so I went for the cheaper option lol. Eventually I will be getting one though, just after other purchases.
                My '66 C10 Build
                My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Finished up my rear deck cover tonight, would love to install it tomorrow but its going to be 13 out... so it will wait lol. Started work on the center console but taking my time on it since it will be smack dab in front of everyone in the car. Got a couple things in the mail... just waiting now lol.

My '66 C10 Build
                  My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

So my OCD kicked in and I decided to repaint my ashtray.... so yeah lol

Before.

After.

Then I finished part of the console which took forever, also got new gauges from Mooneyes which I'm stoked about, first I just put them in

Then decided what the hell, why not mock most of it up haha

My '66 C10 Build
                    My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Loving the work you are putting into it. Can't wait to see the rear deck cover mounted.

Comment

Terrible pic of the rear deck but its all in there lol, happy with the out come.

Also finished the console and installed it, wish I had better pics but loving how it turned out, honestly surprised it looks as good as it does since it was my first time doing something like this.

Also got a free rear seat that I'll be having recovered since my seat right now is blue. I have a knob coming as well so that will change soon.
                        My '66 C10 Build
                        My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

whoa interior is looking snazzy
                          can't wait to see this thing done
                          '83 Porsche 944 build

Comment

Originally posted by dirtmcgirt View Post
                            whoa interior is looking snazzy
                            can't wait to see this thing done
                            Thanks man, its slowly coming along.

So today I decided to paint all my trim on my door panels that will be going in since the film was coming off and it looked like shit. Pretty happy with the outcome.

Before:

After:

Those were the backs, then I did the passenger one:

Next up is the driver one which needs some major cleaning, the vinyl reattached and then painted. I'll be doing some before and after progress on it since it needs some love lol.
                            My '66 C10 Build
                            My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

So have started on the driver door panel, I've never done anything like this before so it was all a guess... a guess that actually worked out haha.

First did some pretty drawing

Then did some iffy cutting and some sanding

Its currently waiting for glue to dry for the start of reattaching the vinyl to the board then I'll be reattaching the edges.

To make sure the board would work I pulled the door panel... which led to me installing both rear panels and the passenger one. Had one light and a heat wave in the 30's (yes thats warm in Missouri right now lol) so I decided to get it over with because its been killing me. Excuse the mess the interior looks like right now.

My '66 C10 Build
                              My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Repainted my res and also put new hoses on it since mine were trash.

Also bought a AMCO wood knob which I've been hunting for and got it installed tonight, such an awesome knob.

My '66 C10 Build
                                My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Working...
                                X