i wish i would of kept my 2002!!! ahhhhhhhhh

i love my bug more than my m3 haha

Comment

Originally posted by stancefag View Post
        You're doing quality work!
        Thanks!

Originally posted by 2thousand2 View Post
        i wish i would of kept my 2002!!! ahhhhhhhhh
        Ive thought about selling this one a couple times but manage to talk myself out of it
        My '66 C10 Build
        My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

this things going to be sick

Comment

Well while my son took a nap I decided to run out and get some work done.

First up was removing the front bumper guards

Next up I did some work to the trunk, pumped to finally have one that is dent free plus the correct trunk for a 72 (no badge)

Lastly I started on the trunk, still need to do some trimming once I get the right tool for the job. Decided to cut this into 3 pieces to make it easier to put in and remove.

My '66 C10 Build
            My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

So I couldn't sit still so I decided to redo a gas tank I had from a 70 parts car, my 72 has bad design when it comes to the fuel filler neck so this will fix that issue since my current neck is in bad shape.

Getting started

The I sanded it down and cleaned it up

I knew I wouldn't be able to get it smoothed out so I used wrinkle black engine paint on it. This is fresh paint but it will wrinkle once it dries more.

I'll be using the fuel sender out of my current tank which is why I didn't care about over spray, also wanting to get a new oem weather striping since this one was in more shape so I took it all off.
              My '66 C10 Build
              My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Sweet car! I like where it is heading! Looking forward to more updates...
                1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350-
                Heads Cam Intake Procharged T56 Moser 9* Tokico Suspension
                1990 Ford Mustang GT 5.0- Stock
                1993 GMC Typhoon Garnet Red #1519- Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydawg View Post
                  Sweet car! I like where it is heading! Looking forward to more updates...
                  Thanks!

Yesterday I got the license plate bracket back on after I cut the license plates off. Also put the rear trim on until I do bodywork down the line.

My '66 C10 Build
                  My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Well got my trunk floor cut out today, need to put some kind of padding on the back to level it out and also make sure it doesn't make any noise.

Then I put on my new trunk, time to get it painted, think I'm going to repaint the trunk as well since I have it all apart.

Last up is a little project I've been working on, I took stock roof handles and cut the black plastic off them and decided to wrap them in leather, it was my first time working with leather and sewing but I think it turned out ok.

My '66 C10 Build
                    My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Well another lackluster update lol, installed one handle after work, still need to finish the other one.

Then, I finally got my bolts... not enough threads and not chrome like the original ones... so now I"m going to the hardware store, but I did atleast get it half ass on since MO is getting ready to have high's in the 20's for awhile now and my garage has zero heat.

My '66 C10 Build
                      My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Well small update, it's been super cold so progress has been slow. I'm currently redoing the console set up as I wasn't a fan, also repainting a raised metal roundel and just picked up some Oem door panels.

First mailbox find this week was a good condition euro lens since mine was cracked

Then I picked up a triumph mirror as I never felt like the stock mirror fit the car so this will be an experiment.

My '66 C10 Build
                        My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Loving the build so far. Great attention to detail, keep it up

Flickr @michael_colby on instagram

Comment

Originally posted by noe30 View Post
                            Loving the build so far. Great attention to detail, keep it up
                            Thanks! Good to see some midwest guys on here, E30 looks clean

Did some polishing last night since its been so cold so I'm stuck inside. Took the mirror apart and cleaned it up.

Then I cleaned up the corner I picked up, originally was going to just use the lens but it is cleaning up so probably do a little more work on it and run it.

Also have a surprise coming for the interior from Canada but you'll just have to wait
                            My '66 C10 Build
                            My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Well got me some new oem door panels with handles and hardware, Always loved Saddle Brown interior plus I needed to break up all the black. They need a major cleaning though.

I'm also building a rear deck cover to hide the rear speakers since they were installed where they aren't centered and the OCD in me is driven mad by it lol.
                              My '66 C10 Build
                              My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Do work son! Progress is turning out nicely
                                Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

Working...
                                X