• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for some badassery.
    "hold my beer."
    IG: ossiep

Comment

Thanks a bunch, guys. It's great knowing I have expectations to live up to.

Well, I've managed to get some work done on the truck tonight.

The frame is now completely stripped, and ready to be modified.

I started picking at the cab tonight. I braced the door gaps before I pulled the cab off the frame originally. I removed sixty-something spot-welds tonight that attached the firewall to the cab and what was left of the floor. From here I will be able to get some more bracing in the cab and cut the floor out. Once the floor is out I'll have the cab blasted and from there I'll begin a very tantalizing amount of sheetmetal work.

I've been on the hunt for a G-body front clip for a few days, and accidentally stumbled on an '84 Cutlass for sale locally. In true G-body fashion the rear frame rails are rotted out, however the rest of the car appears to be in great shape. I'll be hopefully picking it up Friday on the cheap. It has 123xxx original km on it, the guy is also the original owner. I'll be using the engine and trans for the truck also, so I'm getting a few birds stoned at once.

I should have frame rails this weekend, those and the Cutlass, I'll have tonnes of work to keep me busy for a while without spending any real money.

Originally posted by Kielan
      Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

B)

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

i havent seen any roasted tires... when can i expect some toasty tires?
          1999 Slammed W202 - RIP
          1962 Ford Ranchero - Olivia (Current Project)

if i wanted to be unoriginal, i'd own a BMW.

Comment

Goddamn... Another subscription added....
            Lucas
            Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
            Originally posted by LCG
            High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes!

Comment

I'm so in for this one! Love old trucks!!!

Comment

You da man jeff!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

"a few birds stoned at once"

I died.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Comment

Thanks, fellas. Getting pretty excited about finally taking the build on this by the horns.

Picked up the Cutlass Friday night, I must say, it is in amazing shape for the $600 I paid for it. Took the car for a drive tonight just to shake down the drivetrain and suspension. I honestly can't believe how well the car ran and drove. I felt bad about cutting it up until we started poking around. All the removable sheetmetal is literally flawless, however, I found a fist-sized hole in the drivers floor pan and a couple small holes in the rear wheel arches. If I was a G-body guy, this would definitely have been a real good project car for money invested.

Anyways, here's what it looked like at about 7pm tonight, before we took it for a drive:

And, just a few hours later:

Tomorrow after work, I'll pull the rear-end out of it and the car will be ready to go outside and sat around to be parted-out.

Hopefully next weekend we can get a relative start on the front clip, I'll also have my rear rails from being lasered. Having a bare frame to start with it'll be difficult to lay out my front clip, but I look forward to the challenge.

Comment

No burnouts in the donor car!? I am disappoint.
                          Originally posted by anth
                          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

this is going to be one BAD ASS truck mate. I will definitely be subbing to this one.
                            and i'm with Oxer, the rear tires of that cutless should be painted to a road somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                              same

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                                Originally posted by EnvyXF View Post
                                this is going to be one BAD ASS truck mate. I will definitely be subbing to this one.
                                and i'm with Oxer, the rear tires of that cutless should be painted to a road somewhere
                                Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
                                same
                                Haha, I'm kinda pressed for time, I need to get this car stripped ASAP and out of the shop so we have space for other projects. I took it for a quick boot up the road Sunday to make sure the tranny works and all seemed well, so I tore it down. Sorry, fellas. I'll make up for it in the spring.

I got the rear-end out of the car last night. Originally, I wanted to try to use it, but I have a buyer lined up so I think I'll let it go. I'll likely wind up using one of a hundred S10 rears I have laying around (again, for the time being).

Also, I managed to find my old AVS 5-gallon air tank (definitely needs some cleaning up and a new bracket) and half of a set of Moroso solid motor mounts. I know I've got the other half somewhere, will just take a little digging.

Once the weekend rolls around, there should actually be a considerable amount of work done to the frame, I can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X