Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sawatsky View Post
    Turbo LS
    I'd go built small block. Like a 383. LS's in old patina trucks is starting to get tired.

Bonus points if you could find a Buick Nailhead.

Comment

• Originally posted by sawatsky View Post
      Turbo LS
      Im pretty sure he wrote twin turbo at the start.
      Also, its insane how fast you are

Comment

• so fucking rad man.

Comment

• Originally posted by axelillo_PR View Post
          You should see him in bed. Talk about a sprinter...
          IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
            he's usually done before i even start
            I’ve had too many cars to list and most of them sucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by fitted_fit View Post
              One pump chump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                I'd go built small block. Like a 383. LS's in old patina trucks is starting to get tired.

honestly, As easy as SBC's are, LS's can be done cheap enough now to the point where You'll spend more to get a SBC up to the power of stock LS then just swapping one in now.
                Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post

Originally posted by axelillo_PR View Post
                  Im pretty sure he wrote twin turbo at the start.
                  It's going to have a twin-turbo's LS. 76mm fashion x2.

Originally posted by StancedC10 View Post
                  so fucking rad man.
                  Thank you, sir.

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                  Originally posted by fitted_fit View Post
                  Originally posted by SheaMoose View Post
                  One pump chump.
                  Let's be honest, I still got off... so, good enough?

Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                  honestly, As easy as SBC's are, LS's can be done cheap enough now to the point where You'll spend more to get a SBC up to the power of stock LS then just swapping one in now.
                  I bought a Cutlass for $600 with a running, driving SBC/trans/rear end. I sold all removable body panels for $300 yesterday. I still have the entire shell to scrap (~$200). If you can find me an ENTIRE LSx swap (headers, transmission, wiring, computer, absolutely everything) for $100, by all means, I will swap it in now.

But if not, I'll continue to use this one for a season. I refuse to build this truck once. I'm going to own it forever. I want to be able to look at pictures 20+ years from now and go, wow, this truck has come such a long way. "I remember (insert awesome memory of building said truck with awesome friends here), man those were the days". I am trying to get it to a point where I can cost effectively have it running and driving this summer.

That being said, I've found a bed. I have all this week off, so I'm using my free time to head down and take a look at it and hopefully drag it all home next weekend.

I've received some pretty decent pictures. The box is from California, it is 100% complete and appears to be in pretty good shape overall.

I'm also trying to buy this bottom half of a cab. It is also from Cali and the floor area is in immaculate shape. So, we'll see. I'm 90% sold on the box but I would like to look at a handful of areas on the cab in person before I commit to the buy.

Heading down there tomorrow or Tuesday.

Unfortunately, the laser table broke Friday. So, my crossmember and a few other bits didn't get cut, so no 4-link this weekend like originally planned, not a big deal. I got a chance to get caught up with sleep and some numerous other things.

Originally posted by Kielan
                  Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

• See if he'll toss in that engine crane for free, i'll give ya $20 for it
                    thirteen s-series trucks and counting.
                    Track Build: 1991 GMC Sonoma - plans for LSx/t56/rollcage/4link

Comment

• Jeff I was talking about Building or buying a 383 stroker like that guy suggested lol. A 383 stroker will run you a couple K to build and put you in the same power as a stock 6L truck motor which can be had with trans and wiring/ecu for $1500 all day long most places.

Good to see you found a box, Not easy to find for these trucks
                      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                      he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• California?
                        Stop by my house..

Comment

• Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                          Jeff I was talking about Building or buying a 383 stroker like that guy suggested lol. A 383 stroker will run you a couple K to build and put you in the same power as a stock 6L truck motor which can be had with trans and wiring/ecu for $1500 all day long most places.

Good to see you found a box, Not easy to find for these trucks
                          Obviously read that wrong, haha. Sometimes I post in this thread at 3-4am on work nights which really doesn't yield well.

Originally posted by SheaMoose View Post
                          California?
                          Stop by my house..
                          It is actually in Canada, was brought up a handful of years ago.

I went to see the box (and various other parts) Monday and showed up to something I was not expecting. The body shop where the bed resides is basically a classic car/hot rod/truck graveyard. Hundreds of body panels neatly (for the most part) organized, numerous complete cars, I was in heaven. The old boy invited me to come back in the summer and snoop around as long as I wanted. He said he had a barn full of equally entertaining things. Definitely intend on going and spending a full day there come summer.

Back on topic, this box. It is gorgeous, super solid where it counts and roughly matches the exterior shape of the truck. I am going back to pick it up Friday, along with the lower half of that truck cab and hopefully some doors (if he can find them in his barn of wonder). The cab has a great windshield cowl and a few other key places that I'd rather use original sheet metal (like the dash) and a VIN tag, which is fucking awesome because that means I can get the ownership for my truck dealt with and actually legally own it and drive it.

Overall, trip was super worth it. Looking forward to picking up my haul Friday.

Anyways, here's a picture of the underside of the box, original wood floor in basically immaculate shape. I fully intend to reuse the original floor this year, just raised up. I really wasn't expecting to be getting a 100% complete box, I just expected box sides and the front panel, so for the $750 price tag I am over-joyed.

I'm hoping the laser table is fixed and my crossmember stuff is cut out for the weekend, I'm getting antsy.

Originally posted by Kielan
                          Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

• nice nice nice
                            sigpic
                            I like big butts and I cannot Lie.

Comment

• Very cool, I'd love to wander a place like that too.
                              l ig:coltondk l youtube:coltondk I DD: Tundra I Projects:l 06 STI I 87 S10 l I 57 Chevy Belair I I 48' International KB-2 I 07R6r l
                              sigpic

Comment

• Oh man, Jeff, that is so freaking cool you found a bed. And with an original wood floor all in Canada? Wow. I'm so happy.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Working...
                                X