Classic Subaru Impreza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Subaru Impreza

So, when I bought my car I had a vision of it standing out to all the other subaru's you see on the road... They all have gold wheels and big mudflaps.... So here is my Impreza when I bought her

[IMG][/IMG]

First thing I was faced with was the decision of Static or Bagged... Times were hard after just forking out to buy her so I decided that the static route would be best...(for now.)
    After having looked into a few option's on what coilovers to get I purchased these

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Then it was down to what wheels, I had been toying with the idea of genuine BBS... but after paying soo much on the car I thought the next best thing to get the look was the Dare RS wheel.. Cheap and nasty I know....
    So I went for an 8.5J front and a 10J rear! here's a few more pics

Rear

So now I know that they don't catch my brakes which I thought could have been a problem especially on the front because I have an aftermarket big caliper.. So a couple of weeks went by (saving for the tyres) then I'm sat at the traffic lights, next thing i know im getting pushed into the junction... some bloody idiot hadnt seen the lights on red and rammed the car behind me which then pushed me..

[IMG][/IMG]

Luckily the only damage to me was a scuffed rear bumper and she had bent my exhaust slightly... a quick grinder to one of the brackets and i was back on my way.. anyway by this point I wanted my tyres on so, I chose to wrap them with the new Hancook Ventus evo Tyres, and had another test fit

Too close for comfort

Maxed out negative camber

Nowhere near on the rear though.. Too much poke

So Deciding that I needed more negative camber on the back or even a bolt on arch kit... I thought it would be a good idea to take them back off and just run my old wheels until I can get this problem fixed (adjustable top mounts)
    Then one lunch time I went to see one of my good friends, as we were 'supposed' to be going to Santa pod for the first show of the season... just to find out times and meeting points, and I cant blame my brother but basically I was showing off and he was pulling out of a junction in his crappy 12 year old vauxhall corsa... The rest is history..

[IMG][/IMG]

Now I'm just waiting for her to come back from the bodyshop and I can finally get my car looking how I intended and fingers crossed I have had all the bad luck! Just thought I would show you what my intentions are to see what you guys think... Let me know

Cheers for reading so far, more to come......

that looks nasty but at least you hold your hands up - take good care of it! Wide 5 spokes would look good on your car maybe fifteen52 tarmacs or borbet typeA.

Comment

Epic fail but in for results!! Cant wait to see it all put back together!!

Comment

Was a great looking car, hope you learned your lesson.

I want to see more, keep us posted

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

isnt running different width wheels on a subaru supposed to be bad news for the centre diff?

looks clean as hell though

Comment

Originally posted by smithyyy View Post
            isnt running different width wheels on a subaru supposed to be bad news for the centre diff?

Exactly what I was thinking.... I thought they were supposed to be all squared up. And as we've seen, it would even look better if they were. I'm interested to see where this goes! I too had a lil set back early in my cars history showing off. An engine carriage mount bent 2mm is apparently 2mm too much. Turned a 1200$ repair into a 3300$ repair

Comment

Running different width doesn't throw anything off. Tire height does. As long as he's within certain parameters (set by Subaru) for the difference in tire height between the front and rear he'll be fine.

Sweet car, dude. Can't wait to see it whole and back on the road again.
              Last edited by M.Doban; 06-25-2013, 08:18 AM.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Nice car, cant wait to see where this goes.

Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
                Running different width doesn't throw anything off. Tire height does. As long as he's withing certain parameters (set by Subaru) for the difference in tire height between the front and rear he'll be fine.

Sweet car, dude. Can't wait to see it whole and back on the road again.
                First gen Imprezas came in FWD and AWD. Different widths will throw off the center differential but GC Imprezas AWD system is different than the newer design, you can get away with different widths. All models after the GC can only run different offsets.

Might not make sense, posting on from phone.
                Last edited by e.mury; 06-06-2013, 09:24 PM.
                "That's just a penis with headlights glued on."

Comment

Just got back from visiting the lad who is doing my car! just to see what was happening and i was confronted with three guys working on her! Looks like I will be back on the road sooner than I thought...Managed to get a quick pic just before leaving!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Holy cow...that is a lot of work. Hopefully you will have it back soon. Love these cars. Remember looking at these new on the lot back in the day. Just out of our reach at the time. Can't wait to see more...

Comment

I wonder can a stance car race? I'm not really informed and new in this issue. Does anybody know that?
                      William - CARiD

Comment

You probably all getting bored of looking at a chopped up subaru, but I have just received a few more snaps... Looks promising!!

[IMG][/IMG]

And I'm getting all giddy now!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Well i have been informed that it doesn't matter the width wise... only the tyre profile if they are off that it throws everything out!!

Comment

Originally posted by e.mury View Post
                            nice car, cant wait to see where this goes.

First gen imprezas came in fwd and awd. Different widths will throw off the center differential but gc imprezas awd system is different than the newer design, you can get away with different widths. All models after the gc can only run different offsets.

Might not make sense, posting on from phone.
                            :d:d:d:d

Comment

Just found another photo from the test fits!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X