Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Hours. A Budget Build without the Budget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this thread is awesome!

keep 'em comin!

Comment

what an awesome story...and i love the saying taking lemons and making jagerbombs!

well done bro, an inspiring build!
      Instagram: @ask83n

Originally posted by DragginWagon
      Always build your car for yourself. and dont tell me you cant afford to.
      This thread is a perfect example of taking lemons and making fucking jager bombs!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
        This was a concept "Shop" I did for my first 740 back in like 2009...it's closer to your car than you can imagine, haha.

edit: i really need to get another boss fart can like my old 7 had.
        That's hilarious! Mine used to be that color, and I have an identical rear door dent on the other side. They look like twins.

Comment

Literally just said, out loud, "are you fucking KIDDING ME?" this thing is crazy, I love it. The cage really pulls it together for me. Great work man, keep cracking away at it!

Comment

Just...Awesome.

Comment

The new color gave it so much class, without losing the "ratiness". Wheels in black are the way to go, imo.
              Keep it up. In for more.

Originally posted by DragginWagon View Post
              While i was at the junkyard, (I go often) i was wandering thru Volvo land, and stumbled across something un-expected. my old 91 745 wagon.
              I looked it over, wondering why it was there. sat in it and made vroomy noises lol
              I was sad that you found your old car in the junkyard, but then "vroomy noises" made me laugh.
              Medium-low...

Comment

I agree about the wheels. I liked the bronze, but it deterred from the wheel as a whole.

I've got a new exhaust setup in mind, I love the sidepipe, but I keep catching it on things, so this new method will be pretty intense. And the cat will be taken out at the same time. Should make for a good show of fireballs between shifts. Now I just need to get it done.

Comment

Did someone say fireballs?
                  Sup. Call me Z.
                  My Accord "build".

Comment

Mid season effing cold outside winter ****** update!
                    As it turns out winter took its sweet time getting here, so i had a few more months to play with the volvo. i started looking at different lighting ideas, as i was getting tired of not being able to see anything in our dear-infested state. something needed to change.
                    i picked up a set of these for cheap. word to the wise, dont ever waste your money on these pieces of ultra shit shit.

So that idea was out, and i realized instead of just finding a generic 4x6 light to take the stock ones place, why not go one or fifteen steps further and just do a conversion?
                    so the original thought process started with a leftover vw mk2 quad round grill a friend had lying around.

i wasnt sold on it, and thought it looked kindy goofy.
                    but i bought some used single rounds for a mk2 anyway and to my surprise they basically bolted on.

a few cuts and chops later with a single round grille and i had something that i was totoally blown away by.

now is the time when the weather starts to turn. my girlfriend and i bought a house, and time to work on the car turned into time to work on the house. so not much happened for about a month or two. but on the plus side i now had a garage. and the build can really begin.

I knew that this winter, one way or another, i was going to be sqeezing every bit of power out of this engine that i could. my stock 12b turbo was beyond maxed out. it runs efficiently at 10-12psi, i was pushing 20.
                    so the hunt began for a bigger snail. but this being a build in which i had basically no extra money for, options were limited.
                    that was until i went to my father in laws shop, who happens to be a diesel technician.
                    then this happened:

on the left is a stock turbo, on the right is the newly aquired Banks A/R .60 snail.
                    oh boy.
                    first thought into my head was "awesome" second thought was " i have alot of work to do.
                    step one was pull the stock manifold and old beat up turbo out.

Then to my surprise the manifold and new turbo had the same bolt pattern, which i did not expect. so all i had to do was a little port matching and new hardware.

and voila!

so far so good.
                    brought it home and threw it in, literally have less than a 1/2" between the exhaust housing and the fenderwell.

this is basically where it sits now,

Waiting on stainless oil lines and A/N fittings to arrive, also have to make a downpipe and plumb in an Audi external wastegate.
                    Fingers crossed nothing explodes.
                    Happy Hellidays erreyone.

Comment

This thing is epic, I love itt!

Comment

always

"Everything has potential."

Comment

Moar

Visit my build, that would be super good of you to do.

be my instagram friend: archiediplomat

have a look at the shirts I do: www.diplomatthreads.com.au

Comment

Ohh...my...god...

Comment

This is stupid in all the right ways. Keep it up, dude.

INSTAWHAT

Tumblr

Flickr

Comment

not where i thought this thread was going when i first looked at it but hell yeh great job! and shit your junkyards must be loaded with goodies

Comment

Working...
                                X