Another BMW E28 - This Time From Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks amazing dude well done!

also I think those centre allen bolts have red Loctite on them, some heat and they'll be a lot easier

Comment

• Great photos! Thanks for taking the time and effort to document the processes in depth - after all, I (and many others on here) appreciate a good visual build story especially one that pays such attention to detail. Keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by DoABarrelRoll View Post
        looks amazing dude well done!

also I think those centre allen bolts have red Loctite on them, some heat and they'll be a lot easier
        Couldn't see much sign of loctite, i'll give heat a go anyway

Originally posted by sdistc View Post
        Great photos! Thanks for taking the time and effort to document the processes in depth - after all, I (and many others on here) appreciate a good visual build story especially one that pays such attention to detail. Keep it up!
        Much appreciated!

I'll keep it up.

Comment

• Been meaning to replace the chrome lockstrips for too long. Finally got around to it, was an easier job than i expected.

Original strips looked like leopard print.

Fresh chrome strips on the rear.

Fronts turn.

Bin for these!

Liking it even more now with the chrome handles and chrome trims. Chrome mirrors hmmm.

Comment

• E12 mirrors!

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

• Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
              E12 mirrors!
              Yes! Just so hard to find both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by epearce View Post
                Yes! Just so hard to find both sides.
                One side

Comment

• Great job with your E28!

Comment

• Spot on eden, well done! How did you go about machining the BC tops, got them on the e30 atm and was contemplating the same. Got the rear IE plates as well so was very informative build thread

Comment

• I have an e12 with chrome mirrors, and i have one mirror which is manually adjustable, i can sell you the one cheap , or if you want electric ones then http://www.classicbmwparts.nl/ they have a lot of cool stuff
                      Powered By 524td & 750ILA & e12 520(m52b28) & e30 325i coupe & e21 318turbo & Subaru Legacy BG & e39 528i Touring

Comment

• Thanks everyone!

Originally posted by Godz_e30 View Post
                        Spot on eden, well done! How did you go about machining the BC tops, got them on the e30 atm and was contemplating the same. Got the rear IE plates as well so was very informative build thread
                        Thanks mate! A friend of mine did it on his milling machine, said it was a super easy job but he is a fitter and machinest. If it wasn't for the paint missing it looks factory.

Originally posted by Toivoku View Post
                        I have an e12 with chrome mirrors, and i have one mirror which is manually adjustable, i can sell you the one cheap , or if you want electric ones then http://www.classicbmwparts.nl/ they have a lot of cool stuff
                        Thanks for the offer! I'll think about it but i think i want to stay with electric. I'll check out that site, cheers.

Comment

• Car looks awesome man, where did you source the chrome trims from, makes a huge difference!

Comment

• Originally posted by epearce View Post
                            Thanks everyone!

Thanks mate! A friend of mine did it on his milling machine, said it was a super easy job but he is a fitter and machinest. If it wasn't for the paint missing it looks factory.

Thanks for the offer! I'll think about it but i think i want to stay with electric. I'll check out that site, cheers.
                            That's awesome dude! will have to sus it out. Any experience doing the same tabs on an e30 subframe, i know they sit above opposed to out like yours do

Comment

• Originally posted by Kezz E28 View Post
                              Car looks awesome man, where did you source the chrome trims from, makes a huge difference!
                              Thank you. E28goodies.com, best price you will find and great service!

Originally posted by Godz_e30 View Post
                              That's awesome dude! will have to sus it out. Any experience doing the same tabs on an e30 subframe, i know they sit above opposed to out like yours do
                              No experience with E30's sorry, i'll ever done this one.

Comment

• Continued pulling down the LSD.

Got those last stripped bolts out!

Then pulled out the center and inspected it.

Now for the next step

Comment

Working...
                                X