M635csi goin' low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M635csi goin' low

Well let me introduce the car first. It's an 1985 Grey Market BMW M635csi with 91 thousand kilometers. This car has history with Frank Fahey (http://www.frankfaheymotorsports.com/) as he has done many jobs on the car in his own shop. The wheels are metric 415mm BBS RS 007 with the smaller center, the plan is to build my own custom wheels and make them into 17's with low offsets to compliment those fender arches. I'll be running custom valved Bilstein sports with custom sleeves, and Eibach springs. The plan is to go low, but with meaty tires, I like stretching as well but for this particular car it will be meaty fitment. There is a long list for this car until she's in show room condition. Here's a few pictures.
    Attached Files

Sounds good man, get up some details about what else you seem to have kicking about too lol

Comment

Good to see another M on here! Cant wait to see how this one turns out

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        Sounds good man, get up some details about what else you seem to have kicking about too lol
        Thank you! What do you mean what else I have kicking about? The other cars or other things with this car? Lol

Originally posted by j work View Post
        Good to see another M on here! Cant wait to see how this one turns out
        Thanks to you too, lots of exciting things!

Comment

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post

Thanks man, I never really figured out how to post the pictures like that, any tips? Is it just by links?

Comment

Started pulling apart the front strut assembly/housing today, got around to the alternator bushings, absolutely nothing left of them ordered some IE urethane ones. Upgraded the water pump pulley to S38B36 which is smaller in diameter and more efficient for keeping the engine cooler since the M88 runs pretty hot.

I don't know why it won't let me rotate this picture guys, sorry!

Comment

The other cars you have.

You need to copy the direct image link. A URL that ends with .jpg, if you use google chrome or Firefox if you right click the picture and copy picture link or similar and paste it into the IMG tags.

Comment

Another long day.. finished rebuilding the calipers then painted them gold with a nice clear coat, cut the spring perches from the strut housings, grinded them down for the sleeves and our custom made sleeve seats to fit through, installed the smaller belt for the water pump pulley. Also my springs finally came in 550 6" in the front and 450 5" in the rear. Enjoy guys!

Plan for tomorrow is to assemble the front end and drop it down to the ground.

Comment

Mate, your pictures stll dont work, use photobucket.com instead

Comment

Originally posted by Max399 View Post
                      Mate, your pictures stll dont work, use photobucket.com instead
                      That's weird? It shows up on my computer? What does it show on your screen?

Comment

big lips for the RS's, bags, done and done.

Comment

Finished up the suspension today and wow there is such a big difference from the way it used to be. Running 550 6" in the front and 450 5" in the back with the custom valved Bilstein Sport shocks. Next big project is going to be thicker sway bars from Ireland Engineering. The rear is a bit bouncy sitting at that height but I will raise it probably a few millimeters to get better shock travel. The ACS Type IIs are 18x8.5 with 13 offset and 18x10 19 offset no spacers and no rubbing what so ever. Here's a few pictures from the build. I hope these work for everyone.

Cut down the original perch.

Grinded down the housing for the sleeve and custom made rings.

Welded the rings, test fitted the sleeves.

The rings itself, I didn't trust the original perch too much.

Assembled.

On the ground.

This is with no camber plates or spacers. My original plan is to make my 415mm BBS RS 007 into 17 inch with low offset and super wide to fill those huge wells on the e24.

Comment

whole lotta love for this car. it looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by jinksy View Post
                              whole lotta love for this car. it looks awesome
                              Really appreciate it! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X