Honda CB50 // Everything has potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda CB50 // Everything has potential

Since some of you guys like two wheels almost as much as a stable vehicle, I'm gonna share my newest project with you. Following the "everything has potential" rule this 197X Honda CB50 will be reborn as something much cooler than it was sold originally. Which is not that hard actually. That's how she looked, when a good friend of mine found her. The tank is from a Honda CY50 and makes the whole look even more awkward. The price was more than acceptable.

We've had great weather yesterday, so I decided to take a spin with the little bike. In the trunk of my Bimmer.

No time wasted, we put some gasoline in the tank and kicked the engine a couple of times which ended the way it was planned. A nice 4-stroke sound and the smell of freedom. So we took her out and pushed her around for a little while. It runs almost perfectly and it screamed bargain all day long.

I took the whole thing apart to start the build from scratch. First of I'll collect a couple of parts, followed by cutting, welding and shaving the frame. Until that I'll leave you with a direction, we won't take for this build.

My 1978 Porsche 924 build thread is quite boring.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

STRLW // Photography focused on vehicles

oh hell yes. I love the era of racers that full fairing came from. I'm hoping to start a build similar to this too soon, only with something with a bit more power.
    Jason
    flickr
    build thread

Comment

awesome!
      Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

awesome! I'm planning on picking up a bike sometime soon. I would like to make a cafe racer/rat as the first stage just to ride it this summer.
        http://cdn.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17224

Comment

Originally posted by forloveandglory View Post
          Until that I'll leave you with a direction, we WON'T take for this build.
          Reading is fundamental!
          DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
          E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

My 1978 Porsche 924 build thread is quite boring.
            * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

STRLW // Photography focused on vehicles

Comment

I know this thread is fuckin' old...
              But any updates? I bought a cb 50 today
              sigpic

IG: jdirtydeanwiththecb50

Comment

I agree with lower99^ Two year update?

Comment

I guess I need another build thread. I have a cb77 lol
                  Follow me on Instagram @ Promk1ng
                  http://instagram.com/promk1ng