• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
    Ahaha thanks Jackson

Anytime
    My shitty ratty Golf

Comment

I know it is a hipstergram picture, but after tonights antics it is all I could get.

I adjusted the camber in the rear another degree, to the negative that is.
      It's so close to slipping over the tyre it isn't funny. If only I didn't have to run 8mm spacers at the rear to clear the inner strut.

The problem at the rear is still getting on my nerves. It isn't perfect yet.
      My problem is that I have to run 8mm spacers to clear the lower mount locking thingy, the edge of the barrel basically is bang on in line with it. 5mm more in dimension and my wheel would be fine with only a 5mm spacer.

From what I'm aware of, the lower mount thing stays in the same position no matter where I set the travel. If this isn't the case, then I'd be better off lowering the amount of travel (making the drop height even lower) and therefore it would clear the barrel.

If anyone has any knowledge on this matter it'd be greatly appreciated!
      IG: @sebastienaudeon
      1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
      *pats Sebs head*
      there there.
      keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Looks like you need to heat your fenders and phone book pull it!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
          Looks like you need to heat your fenders and phone book pull it!
          That's what I've been told to do, just a little worried about doing so, don't want any paint cracking or massive pull, wanted to keep the body looking OEM as possible...
          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
          there there.

Comment

As long as you keep the paint nice and warm (hot to the touch basically) you should be ok. It doesn't look like you need to go much though.

Car looks good man.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post
              As long as you keep the paint nice and warm (hot to the touch basically) you should be ok. It doesn't look like you need to go much though.

Car looks good man.
              I'm going to attempt to pull them tonight a bit more with a guard roller, there is millimeters in it so I think using a book would be over kill.

Thanks!
              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
              there there.

Comment

car looks clean. ever figure out what your offsets came to?

Comment

I haven't yet, but when I do I'll probably keep them a secret, don't want everyone and their GC8 running perfect fitment
                  1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                  there there.

Comment

I hear ya. I figured mine out a long time ago haha. Good to keep them under wraps !

Comment

Pull that shit! lol Really starting to like GC's because of this.
                      "That's just a penis with headlights glued on."

Comment

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                        I hear ya. I figured mine out a long time ago haha. Good to keep them under wraps !
                        Yep! I'm thinking they're low 30's/high 20's but not sure yet.

Originally posted by e.mury View Post
                        Pull that shit! lol Really starting to like GC's because of this.
                        Glad I have made you like the GC's! I'll be pulling them a little tonight. I wanted to keep it as stock looking as possible, but just going to have to do it.
                        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                        there there.

Comment

Should be easy for you to do since you're on air. Just air down slowly and constantly check it. You'll be fine.
                          Sup. Call me Z.
                          My Accord "build".

Comment

Got one side almost done tonight but then my main fuse blew, so off to SCA tomorrow morning to get another 70amp fuse so I can continue with pulling them little by little.

My ECU was going weird while doing it. Not sure if I'm outputting too much from my battery or too little, will have to make sure I watch what the controller does next time before it kills itself again, which will probably happen.

Slowly getting there though, it was very close to slipping over before I couldn't air back down to pull it that last little bit. Mum's cooking magazines work a treat though!
                            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                            there there.

Comment

Had a bit of an issue last night.

Blew the main fuse. Checked it, was only 50amp. So I redid all my wiring from the battery to the compressor relays/ECU. It now goes like this.

4 gauge wiring with inline 100 amp fuse, goes from battery to 2x60amp circuit breaker which then goes to individual compressors as well as one is paired with the ECU. 8 gauge wire between the circuit breaker to the compressor relays.

Now we're all good. Giving up on pulling the guards at the rear. They're just going to sit how they sit now and that's that. Just need to get the front sitting better and then I'll be happy with how it sits. If only I didn't have to run 8mm spacers at the rear and only a 5mm, then it would sit perfectly, which annoys me so badly.

Seriously considering forking out some cash to get some Rotiform Nue's. I know they're played out, but for some reason I just want to run them as a daily wheel, and then have the RS's on when I want to. We'll see what I can do.

Oh, and I figured out how to three wheel on flat ground, woot!
                              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                              there there.

Comment

Bah, after saying I was giving up on the pulling of the rear guards, I couldn't bring myself to actually give up.

So I went out and did it. This is how it turned out.

IMG_0005 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

IMG_0025 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Didn't get a close up of the right rear, but it is exactly the same as the left rear which I'm pretty chuffed about. The only thing from keeping it from getting some fender to lip action is the tyre itself is hitting up inside the guard now. Only way to do fix is run lower profile or mini tub the rear.
                                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                                there there.

Comment

Working...
                                X