No announcement yet.

The shaved 88 Shitaco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thing is so beautiful, but fuuu does it suck that you cracked the window :/

Comment

• Bummer, check vwvortex maybe?
      Last edited by Tubaman; 06-02-2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• No leads on a new windshield. Feel like I'm pretty much fucked there.

I dedicated much of today to getting the sunroof installed. It's been 5 years since I removed it and I couldn't really remember exactly how to put it back in. After much trial and error it finally went in and has it's slide and tilt functions working nicely. It's a crank sunroof so there's lots of little linkages and things.

Rolled it outside and took some pics. Looks so much better lower but I know I'll have to cut the springs just a tad to get it where I want. Will know more on that once the wheels are on.

As I rolled it back inside I noticed the driver side wheel was moving around.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7d83Jn5mkk&list=UUTL4cY1zaJePtr13gTc1Irg&feature=player_detailpage"]Brokerocco - YouTube[/ame]

Ball joint came undone from the hub.

Put it back in and made sure it was fully seated this time and tightened it real good. Still a bit uneasy about it. Can't imagine if that happened while driving.

Really close... a couple days away from being able to drive it around... assuming I can find a windshield.

instagram : demrimz
        StatesideWheel

Comment

• IDK if this will help. http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/3779787510.html

Comment

• I'm really enjoying the direction you're taking this. Exactly how I would finish one. Its coming together nice.

Instagram- sporte6

Comment

• Found a brand new windshield at some junkyard in the sticks. Going to pick that up tomorrow morning.

Here's a pic I ran across today, me in the Shitaco back in '08.

StatesideWheel

Comment

• Went out to the middle of nowhere and got a new windshield. The parts place even having one of these windshields is so confusing to me, but the price was right and it's brand new. I can tell it's been in their inventory for years. Early aftermarket glass, and it doesn't have a stupid blue or green tint strip at the top of it.

StatesideWheel

Comment

• Love the grill man
                  Follow on IG
                  amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                  Vintage AME Wheels
                  RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                  W115 & W123

Comment

• Nice man. sometimes you find the oddest things in the ghetto lol

Comment

• This is really coming together, man! Glad you found a windshield too.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

• Yeah.. I glad you found a wind-er

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Windshield still not in. Need quite a few people to help out with that.

Currently sitting in the living room putting these together.

They're not perfect. Two of the lips have slight bends, but I figured I'd just run them or the time being. Also the bolts are polished and cleared but I'd rather do chrome next time around. Still have the polish the hex caps as well, but I'm pretty pleased with them considering what they started out as.
                          StatesideWheel

Comment

• in for progress. those wheels look great my man!

subbed

Comment

• Absolutely amazing! You don't see a lot of these done right. I love the work your putting in! Keep going man

Comment

• Originally posted by chucksmith View Post
                                in for progress. those wheels look great my man!

subbed
                                Originally posted by dubs&boost View Post
                                Absolutely amazing! You don't see a lot of these done right. I love the work your putting in! Keep going man
                                Thanks! It's definitely been a learning experience. Not like the Mk3 where there's a DIY for everything and everything possible has been done in the styling department.

I start summer classes tomorrow... not ideal timing but whatever. Basically broke right now and there's a big Scirocco gathering this weekend a few hours away that I really want to make it to. I'm thinking I'll rob the headlight bulbs from my Golf since they're H4's and I can't afford new ones. This is getting pathetic haha.

Hopefully I can get it buttoned up tomorrow (windshield, interior, misc.) enough to take it for a spin around the neighborhood. Hopefully it's still as mechanically sound as it was 5 years ago when I drove it last.
                                StatesideWheel

Comment

Working...
                                X