No announcement yet.

The shaved 88 Shitaco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm lovin' this build thread, glad you've decided to keep the shitaco lol. Also I've seen your harli rollin up and the down the strip at h2oi last year

In for more updates!
    sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Originally posted by canimuff View Post
      The content in this thread is very rimmy

So apparently the main guy working on my car is staying late all week to get the body ready to paint first thing next week. We'll see. Heard many false promises before (place was supposed to be done in 2 weeks originally, they've had the car two months).

edit: got a new phone as well. pics will continue to file in. Hopefully the rimzo paint comes in tomorrow.
      instagram : demrimz
      StatesideWheel

Comment

very nice rocco , great work
        https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Stopped by today. Heard much of the work on the shell itself was done. That horrible quarter panel is now straight again. Never thought I'd see the day...

Other side isn't nearly as bad.

They put the unpainted door on so they knew exactly where the filler needed to be worked out to.

Played with the panorama feature on the new phone.

Andddd hit up the junkyard and scored a new dome light. These came out of MkIV's, B5 Passats, and New Beetles. They are the rear map lights for the back seats, but according to a DIY are a direct fit to replace the original Scirocco dome light (which I cracked in half). Grabbed a few extra to sell.

Also the wheel paint from Eastwood came in today. Going to go test it out on some centers.
          Last edited by harlerocco; 04-26-2013, 04:09 PM.
          StatesideWheel

Comment

yooooooooo

My street last night.

Polished a lip.

That's it for now.
            StatesideWheel

Comment

So you lit something on fire and ran from the scene jk
              Nice work on the lips man

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
                So you lit something on fire and ran from the scene jk
                Nice work on the lips man

Someone got drunk and lit a couch on fire. Normal weekend here.
                StatesideWheel

Comment

Lit a couch on fire?

Comment

Originally posted by harlerocco View Post
                    Oh and I may not have any updates soon... my phone decided to not charge anymore so I'll have to go get a new one... that's where all my build pics are coming from (yeah yeah). Also finals and shit is keeping me extremely busy, but that will all be done next week, and hopefully the Shitaco will be back as well.

Just saw a picture of this pop up on the Scirocco forums. Friend of mine owns it but he just got what look to be e75 or e76's and lowered it quite a bit. Definitely loving this look!

Heh, no joke! I just saw this car yesterday. Previous owner of my car owns it, and hes a really cool dude.

INSTAWHAT

Tumblr

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Pseudonyms View Post
                      Heh, no joke! I just saw this car yesterday. Previous owner of my car owns it, and hes a really cool dude.
                      Fraser is a good dude, haven't seen him since H2O though. His car has been an inspiration for me since I first saw it in 2007 (I think...)
                      StatesideWheel

Comment

Hasn't been much going on this week. Haven't heard anything from the bodyshop so I'm starting to doubt it will be back this week. Also it's finals week so nothing has been done besides studying.

I put the 1" lip I polished on an RS207 face with a Bugatti cap to get an idea of how my wheels will look. I'll be using those logo caps but the hex caps (when I get the right ones for the 001's) will be polished and the faces will have fresh (not faded) gold.

StatesideWheel

Comment

Gold centers on red are going to look so good

Comment

Originally posted by canimuff View Post
                            Gold centers on red are going to look so good
                            Not a super original look, but something no one does to these cars in particular.

Finished my last final this morning after spending the night in the Library here at the University of Kentucky. It sucked, and I took a nice nap afterwards but I was right back up and working on the wheels at around 3. I texted the shop owner to see what progress has been made this week... no reply. Hopefully I'll know more tomorrow.

Did a random bunch of things today/tonight on the wheels. I couldn't really stick to one thing :P

Got 3 waffle caps in the mail today, still need to buy the 4th. Got a great deal on only 3 I couldn't pass up.

I used the Eastwood gold wheel paint on one of the waffles just to try it out. Definitely going to need it thicker and clear coat, it's rather dull without it.

Next up I messed with the bolts. This is seriously a budget build I'm doing everything on the cheap... which means reusing the original bolts. They were in absolute shit condition so I purchased a brass wire wheel and utilized the buffer I've been using on the lips... here's what happened:

Before and after. Still need to clear them since OE RS bolts are steel and will rust again if not cleared in some way.

Back of the faces were caked in shit. Used a 3M rubber wheel and knocked the mounting pad to bare aluminum and stripped all the old built up gunk off the backside so I could get a good surface to paint on (...soon).

Worked on another lip. Stripped all the clear, sanded with 150 grit and again at 320. I then used the bench buffer the same way I did the first lip, but it didn't turn out so well. I'm pretty sure the wheel is absolutely beat so I'm picking up some more tomorrow morning and having another go at it.

That's all for now. Hopefully I can get all the bolts done and that other lip polished by tomorrow afternoon.

P.S. Sorry this has turned into a wheel build thread as of late... For those that don't know me, I love wheels. Working on and refinishing rimzos is one of my favorite things to do. Hopefully I'll have some actual car content in here soon.
                            Last edited by harlerocco; 05-03-2013, 12:46 AM.
                            StatesideWheel

Comment

I'm love a wheel rebuild, so please, continue lol.
                              sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Originally posted by harlerocco View Post
                                got what look to be e75 or e76's
                                thanks for the compliments sir. bbs e78 centers off an old pcar

build looks great, keep up the good work
                                -Dictated but not read to expedite report.

Comment

Working...
                                X