No announcement yet.

The shaved 88 Shitaco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that black number is quite nice. Here's the one I'm on about, won't clog up your thread with the photo so clicky:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zebphoto/3339141001/

I like your tail lights, they look so much better smooth and help bring the rear end more up to date. I never thought to do that. How are your brakes? That was my biggest gripe

Comment

Originally posted by magnumleigh View Post
      Yeah that black number is quite nice. Here's the one I'm on about, won't clog up your thread with the photo so clicky:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zebphoto/3339141001/

I like your tail lights, they look so much better smooth and help bring the rear end more up to date. I never thought to do that. How are your brakes? That was my biggest gripe
      Haven't seen that one before. Is that pic from UD? I kept seeing roccos in backgrounds of pics but couldn't find pics of the cars themselves. The pulled rear quarters on that car are stop on.

As for the brakes... pretty good. OEM 16V brake setup is a bit bigger and have vented rotors opposed to solid rotors on 8v cars. Also has rear discs from the factory. I replaced the rotors and pads all around and bled them and they seem to work pretty well.
      Last edited by harlerocco; 05-13-2013, 10:06 AM.
      instagram : demrimz
      StatesideWheel

Comment

Tried to strip the clear off the lips using some Klean Strip paint stripper I found at wal mart. Shit is terrible, so threw away $20 there

Any recommendations on effective brush-on paint strippers that can be bought at local stores?

Also just tracked down some 1.5" lips for the rears. Thinking about doing 7 & 7.5" stagger w/ 165/45 Federals.
        StatesideWheel

Comment

Found this in a local yard today. Had the weirdest colors everywhere lol. Poor thing.
          https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...23006222_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by harlerocco View Post

Any recommendations on effective brush-on paint strippers that can be bought at local stores?
            aircraft stripper, i wouldnt use anything else. don't buy the aerosol, not nearly as abrasive as the brush on stuff.
            Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubaman View Post
              Found this in a local yard today. Had the weirdest colors everywhere lol. Poor thing.
              https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...23006222_o.jpg
              Looks like it could be related to my Golf. Poor car... but that's how most of them end up now.

Originally posted by w201e34 View Post
              aircraft stripper, i wouldnt use anything else. don't buy the aerosol, not nearly as abrasive as the brush on stuff.
              I thought that's what I was buying at Walmart earlier but I guess I didn't look at the can hard enough. I've used aircraft stripper before with good results but I wasn't sure if there was any certain brand to get.

Started on the 180 grit. Drop lips suck to sand on.

StatesideWheel

Comment

Always loved your Harli and now I love your Scirocco. That is exactly how I would build a MK2 as well! I can't wait to see how this turns out

Instagram- sporte6

Comment

build is looking great so far , keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by harlerocco View Post
                    Haven't seen that one before. Is that pic from UD? I kept seeing roccos in backgrounds of pics but couldn't find pics of the cars themselves. The pulled rear quarters on that car are stop on.

As for the breaks... pretty good. OEM 16V brake setup is a bit bigger and have vented rotors opposed to solid rotors on 8v cars. Also has rear discs from the factory. I replaced the rotors and pads all around and bled them and they seem to work pretty well.

Yeah the pic is from UD 2011 I think. Same idea you appear to be going in the direction of: smooth and clean.

I had the pansy 8v brakes that would be suitable on a bicycle, 16v appear much more robust. Keep up the good work, carry on

Comment

Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
                      Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Picked up a fender and the hatch today and started putting the hatch back together. I wanted to get the hatch glass in tonight but with finals coming up I don't have as much car time as I'd like.

Shit everywhere.

Managed to actually make this work.

Dug into the hatch and got this out. Original vacuum operated hatch actuator w/ the line. Won't be using that anymore.

Extremely rare glass ready to go in. I hope it's as easy to install as it was to remove.

And a surprise.... TDI swap.

Ok not really, it's my roommates. Going in his Alpine white Mk2 Jedduh.
                        StatesideWheel

Comment

I spy euro hatch

Comment

Originally posted by Tubaman View Post
                            I spy euro hatch
                            Yeah picked it up at H2O. Hopefully getting painted and going on the Golf this summer.
                            StatesideWheel

Comment

Oh and I may not have any updates soon... my phone decided to not charge anymore so I'll have to go get a new one... that's where all my build pics are coming from (yeah yeah). Also finals and shit is keeping me extremely busy, but that will all be done next week, and hopefully the Shitaco will be back as well.

Just saw a picture of this pop up on the Scirocco forums. Friend of mine owns it but he just got what look to be e75 or e76's and lowered it quite a bit. Definitely loving this look!

StatesideWheel

Comment

The content in this thread is very rimmy

Comment

Working...
                                X