No announcement yet.

The shaved 88 Shitaco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do=) The shortened bumpers really look so much better than before.
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• Cool as fuck.
      Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• New pics are dope!

sigpic

Comment

• So... if you have checked the front page of S/W lately... it appears a miracle has happened. I somehow won the S/W x AirLift #livelower contest from posting up the Scirocco. There were over 1700 entries, and after scrolling through a lot of them, there were so many deserving people/cars. It means a lot that Mike and the team chose the little shitrocco, and I cannot wait to get started on this air setup. This also gives me an excuse to finish the interior with a proper false floor setup, something the car has been seriously lacking. This is still hitting me! I have just been completely in awe since I heard the news.

Oh, and the car's clutch started slipping after H2O, and is currently sitting in my barn looking a bit sad. I'm pretty sure it's a blown rear main or something that would have caused contamination on the clutch, since the whole clutch kit is only about 4k miles old, along with a resurfaced flywheel. I plan on installing everything and attending to this issue during spring break, if not sooner, then having it ready for Water By The Bridge in Louisville, KY on March 28th.
          instagram : demrimz
          StatesideWheel

Comment

• Congratulations man! I can't even imagine winning something that cool! You deserve it!
            Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Originally posted by harlerocco View Post
              ... Sorry this has turned into a wheel build thread as of late... For those that don't know me, I love wheels. Working on and refinishing rimzos is one of my favorite things to do. Hopefully I'll have some actual car content in here soon ...
              Any chance you want to throw up your wheel builds in the Wheel & Tire section on Vortex (or here) so we can roll it into The Official Wheel Build Almanac & Reference Thread?

Here's my build:

My Road To Futura: OZ Build/Timeline

DSC_0032

Comment

• Congrats on winning the #livelower contest! Nice to see it went to someone from Kentucky!
                [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
                [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
                Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

• Congrats man!
                  MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                  Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• You bastard. But congrats

sigpic

Comment

• I just read this whole thread. Dudddeeeee Congrats on winning! I can't wait to see it on air!

Comment

• Congrats on winning!

Comment

• #otherredscirocco

I love you
                          Follow me on Instagram @ Promk1ng
                          http://instagram.com/promk1ng

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                            Congratulations man! I can't even imagine winning something that cool! You deserve it!
                            Originally posted by Robitussin View Post
                            Congrats on winning the #livelower contest! Nice to see it went to someone from Kentucky!
                            Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
                            Congrats man!
                            Originally posted by E.Three.0 View Post
                            You bastard. But congrats
                            Originally posted by Luke Girard View Post
                            I just read this whole thread. Dudddeeeee Congrats on winning! I can't wait to see it on air!
                            Originally posted by C.C.C. View Post
                            Congrats on winning!
                            Thank you all very much! I promise I'll keep updating this once it comes in.

Originally posted by DUTCHswift View Post
                            Any chance you want to throw up your wheel builds in the Wheel & Tire section on Vortex (or here) so we can roll it into The Official Wheel Build Almanac & Reference Thread?

Here's my build:

My Road To Futura: OZ Build/Timeline

DSC_0032
                            I had a few wheel build threads on another forum that spanned over a few years. Unfortunately the forum shut down one day and I lost all of those threads. I probable have some pics of it but would have to go through years of my Photobucket to find all the progression. I have lots of specific BBS info I've gathered and learned though. Hopefully I can hope in some way.

Originally posted by promking View Post
                            #otherredscirocco

I love you
                            StatesideWheel

Comment

• Today started off lame. Forgot one of my classes was canceled and wasted too much time. Towards the end of my third class I began dozing off. I was so excited to take a nap before my last class but when I got home... this was at my door.

Needless to say I scattered it all over my bed and I've been way to excited to take said nap.

First off I feel the need to thank Stanceworks and Air Lift once again. I cannot fathom what my car possesses that makes it a worthy winner for such a contest, after all it's kind of a strange platform. Regardless, I will make the most of this opportunity and I will be installing the kit this weekend! I will probably need to do another frame notch and a custom shallow oil pan/pump, but I'll do what I can for now. I have no experience with air but after a call from Air Lift last week to congratulate me and say my stuff had shipped, I have no doubts I can tackle this. I'm sure I'll have questions along the way but after owning this car for over 9 years, I'm very familiar to the idea of learning as I go.

I was kind of skeptical of air ride to be honest, and knew the price tag was immense compared to my $300 eBay 'oh crap i need coils for H2O' coilovers. I couldn't imagine why it cost so much until I unboxed that kit. I tend to think I have an eye for details and I really appreciate builds that cover subtle touches that most people will miss. This seems to be the suspension version of that same idea. It's not often you come across something that seems very durable yet encompasses fine details on every piece. Every single component is of top notch quality, and I could go on and on about every detail (I think the top hats on the front struts are my favorite though).

I'm sure everyone is tired of reading this, so I'll get back to the mediocre pictures very soon when I'm doing the install
                              StatesideWheel

Comment

• Cant wait for aired out pictures. Congrats again on winning all of them air goodies. Im super jealous.

Comment

Working...
                                X