Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retrograde: 2005 BMW Z4 - AirRex Content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrograde: 2005 BMW Z4 - AirRex Content.

So I've lurked this forum for years and I figured it was time I actually contributed.

I want to thank everyone that has helped with this project so far. My crew (Retrograde), Wing@Memory Fab, Euro Euro Enginuity, AirRex Suspension, Air Lift, my old Euro.Techniks homies and I'm sure I'm missing some...

For reference here's my last project. Bagged Audi TT 225q.

Anyways here is the Z4 I picked up back at the beginning of last summer. It's a 2005 2.5i 5 speed. Saphire Black on Imola red. The car overall was in great condition but definitely needed a little TLC so a lot of the stuff done is to bring it back to life. I would've modded a little quicker but I had a tough time getting rid of the TT

The first week I bought the car I hit a turkey vulture on my way to work (I work out in the middle of nowhere at a winery). Fortunately it just cracked the grills and scuffed up the bumper but a week later as I was washing the car the windshield cracked. Thinking it was related.

So I ordered some things from ECS Tuning, who always is a pleasure to deal with.

Black grills

Racing Dash LED License plate lights

Significantly brighter than OEM. Pictures don't do them justice. It's a perfect 6500k color IMO.

(With my bagged Audi TT 225Q before I sold it)

I'm a lighting whore so I added some more stuff along with the racing dash LEDS. One thing I wanted to change was the old cracking (common roadster problem) clear third brake light with an OEM red one. Also de-badged the rear and sides.

Installed

I also changed the headlights to 8000k D2S and the fogs to 2500k Nokya's

Last edited by HardPark'd TT; 04-17-2013, 12:11 AM.

The OEM headlights were really hazed when I got the car so I made sure to buff those out. Not bad considering the alternative was to buy new ones at over $700+ each

Next up I found some Style 264 wheels off a 1 series on craigslist. I made an offer and got them for a steal.

Of course I got bored and painted them gun metal. I rattled canned them but did it in essentially a temp controlled paint booth so they came out amazing. I commute 60+ miles a day for work and they are holding up perfectly.

I also gave in and got the windows tinted. 35% 3M...

Comment

First thing is to take apart the trunk...

Rear bags in

Front bags vs. OEM

Fronts installed and lines ran

Working on the mounting board for the tank and compressor.

At this point I stopped taking pics but here's a teaser shot aired down and with the fender lining holding everything up...Also I decided to keep the sway bars and endlinks on all four corners. So no laying frame at the moment but handles like it's on coils!

Comment

And I ended up getting these from a good friend (Benjo - AznAssassin) for basically free to roll on for a bit.

I mounted up the LM reps..

black car + rain = meh

Comment

How it sat as of a couple weeks ago. Gonna be getting different rear bags. The AirRex drives AMAZING but they leave much to be desired as far as the drop goes.

Wheels are off the car now, on stockies until I get tires for the new wheels which I should be posting shortly.

Thanks for looking! Hope to have more updates soon!

Comment

Oh yeah almost forgot, got around to ordering some new brakes. Went with ECS Tunings 3.0 (325mm) upgrade.

New pads, rotors, calipers, lines, etc.

Before and After:

and some random rain shots after work a couple weeks ago.

Comment

damn. maybe one day ill get a z4 instead of an e46 m3... nicely done!
              I’ve had too many cars to list and most of them sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by fitted_fit View Post
                damn. maybe one day ill get a z4 instead of an e46 m3... nicely done!
                Thank you sir! I had an 06 e46 M3 as well. That's a tough car to beat, I will most likely own another in the future.

Comment

It's a huge Z4 dude !! Love it You are doing a nice and pure thing.
                  sigpic

|| - Lowered 320i E36 Sedan - ARKTISGRAU-Metallic - ||

Instagram :: district_ride

Comment

Damn, that thing looks killer dumped on those LM reps!

Flickr Photostream | My Build Thread | Stalk me on Instagram, yo!

Comment

sweet build! great looking car and will be awesome with new wheels and lower in rear.
                      025garage

Comment

im really digging the shit outta this. looks classy as fuck with the LM's reps.

Comment

Looks so sick! LM's look sweet but I think some other wheels might look better.
                          NathanHeeney.com

Comment

Quality. Quality everywhere.

Loving the car! It may not be the biggest drop in the galaxy, but it definitely looks fantastic as-is.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                            www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                            I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

looks great man!
                              Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

Working...
                              X