rfensty's E36 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rfensty's E36 build

Hey everyone, Ive been on here a little while now, not posting too much since I crashed my mini a couple years ago. But I just recently picked up a car off got splits? on here and decided I like the car so much Im going to sell my tsx build and make this my main project. The car needs a little tlc, but nothing too major from what I can see so far.
    From what I understand, It currently has the following mods:
    328i swap
    M50 manifold
    S52 cams
    Chipped ecu
    Short shifter
    LSD rear
    Style 42? Wheels
    FK Silverline coilovers

I picked up the car late tuesday night, drove it home and started messing with it a little yesterday.
    Here is a pic he sent me after he cleaned it up the other day.

And then I got some smaller tires for it and dropped the coils about an inch and a half and we now have this.

When I was installing the wheels back on the car, I noticed the tire was rubbing the coilover a little where the new tires lip protector flared out a little from tiny stretch. But never fear the grinder is here! I shaved down the lip protector a little bit so now, no rubbing!

Until the tsx, wheels and air for that car sell I probably wont be doing too much to this, maybe spacers, camber and more low. Once the tsx sells Im thinking of building the motor and going forced induction, nice wide wheels, possibly air ride. But only time will tell! Hope you all enjoy Ill update this as there is more progress.

Good start so far

Comment

Someone fixing another one of KK's old cars... this should be good.
      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
      Originally posted by Ollie
      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Oh Jeeze! I don't like the sound of that! ^^

Comment

cool nice to see it goto another S/W member
          Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

Found out today, my good friends, friend actually built this car when he worked at jcl so hopefully he can give me some more info on the car!

Comment

Ok so more updates, a few weeks ago I ordered some ccw smoothies and they finally came in and I go them fitted and hopefully within the next two weeks the car will be getting repainted. And as soon as my tsx sells Ill probably be buying a set of broadway static coilovers for it because these fk's are too soft in the rear.
              But here are some pics of the fitment so far. It needs some work but it's almost there.

Comment

Those are... interesting.
                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

nice choice of wheels ,nice fitment,looking forward for the next post!

Comment

I like the wheels! This is well on its way to being a dope e36
                    025garage

Comment

yeah the wheels arent for everyone, but I like them alot and they look really good on the car. And thanks! next post will probably be when its painted or when I order broadways for it.

Comment

Saw this on IG my jaw dropped.
                        Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                        and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                        S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

First i saw the wheel in the box, i thought: mehh
                          Then i saw it mounted on the car and i was like: YEEEEEEEEEAHHHHH!!

Very nice sir, very nice.
                          VW Golf V 1.9 TDI 2005

Comment

those smoothies are dope thanks for thinking outside the box
                            IMG_20140729_210811 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

My build thread.http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33607
                            Instagram: MGRAND3

Comment

finally no bbs, and it looks nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X