No announcement yet.

A Southern Accent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't done anything quite serious, been working so much and dealing with my daughter. Fixed the idling problems it was having, timing seemed to be off a hair so I fixed that and it runs great. Tuning the exhaust as of now straight piped it and its a little too raspy - going to get a high flow resonator to quiet it down just a bit. The deeper I get into this project the more I want to make it as close as possible to a "stock" Hyundai accent 2.0T.
    Last edited by audobon; 12-05-2015, 01:34 PM.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

Comment

• So, nothing on the turbo yet? Have you bought anything?

Just pick up a treadstone log mani, and a cheap used oem internally gated t3 from ebay, boost controller, bov, cxracing intercooler kit, boost gauge, wideband, and tune it with an SMT-6 or something cheap. Then just add a 5th injector for more fuel and you're set without breaking $2000. Probably best to get it dyno tuned, so throw on another $500.

Accent still looks great.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• that feel when the evolution 8 turbo manifold, intercooler and piping fit directly to your car with little to no modification.

hyundai is like mitsubishis cousin, that nobody likes but once you get to know them they are cool as shet
        Last edited by audobon; 03-02-2016, 12:32 PM.
        WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
        @thewheeluminati

Comment

• i love te progresshun

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Glad you're still going at it!!!!! Love how mean it looks with the intercooler.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Soon enough I'll be done, just need to tap feed and return lines.

MY CAR SEEMS TO BE MISSING SOMETHING. HALP.

IDK WTF IT IS.
              WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
              @thewheeluminati

Comment

• Dont know if i shared it (I can see now that I didnt) but my car got hit and run THE DAY AFTER I SLAPPED THE TURBO AND INTERCOOLER ON...they totaled it out, i got a huge check that basically went all to bills, school, my daughter and significant other BUT with the little bit of change i have left - i figured I would go ahead and rebuild this car. Speedlines got bent in the accident so I replaced the fronts (7.5s) with 17x3 lips to make them 9 inches wide and then moved the 17x8.5s on the rears to the fronts.

I've said it for the past 3 years but i've never been so sure of it now, I WILL BE SHOWING AT WEKFEST. It's a promise.

the 9s sit so flush in the rears, that its unreal.

the 8.5's up front are gonna be my problem. A hand full of parts left guys, along with a repaint and im gonna be golden.
                WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                @thewheeluminati

Comment

• You go dude, keep it alive!

Comment

• Props!
                    We lookin' for the girls with the big booty stance.

Comment

• So I have a question for you guys, because im dumb and these bigger numbers scare me when it comes to width lol.

This guy 13rooks is rocking 15x8 +0 offset.

My rears are 9 now and fit completely fine so im not worried about that but i've moved the rears i had on before (8.5) to the front. I know he has a good amount of camber going on but im curious to see if the 8.5 +35 would be doable.

Im not sure if i should trust willtheyfit.com its all i really have right now as a vantage point.

CHIME IN PEEPS! IM TRYING TO CHANGE THE WEKFEST GAME!
                      WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                      @thewheeluminati

Comment

• Might hit your suspension components, only way to find out is to fit them.

Will you be doing a paint job as well?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• I think the difference might be that those 15" look like they have a 40 series or something... the OD will be smaller than what you can run, they are more aggressive but the small OD gives them the suspension travel.

How much is the 8.5 poking? If i had to guess from side view the tire tread looks to be around 10mm outside the fender.

Comment

• • beadblast wheels
                            • order tires
                            • tune car
                            • get missing panels and paint
                            • ac re install
                            • wire up xm radio

I'll be where I want to be for this years wf.
                            WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                            @thewheeluminati

Comment

• Are you coming to the StanceNation event in FW?

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

• Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                                Might hit your suspension components, only way to find out is to fit them.

Will you be doing a paint job as well?
                                Not this year, I think I'm already rushing and spending too much money to make this years WITHOUT paint or the big brake kit.

Originally posted by Blumagic View Post
                                I think the difference might be that those 15" look like they have a 40 series or something... the OD will be smaller than what you can run, they are more aggressive but the small OD gives them the suspension travel.

How much is the 8.5 poking? If i had to guess from side view the tire tread looks to be around 10mm outside the fender.
                                Its still a +35 offset so I'm thinking it won't do too much interfering with the strut but I'm for sure poking 10mm or more.

Originally posted by zoo View Post
                                Are you coming to the StanceNation event in FW?
                                I'll go spectate but I doubt I'll be ready to show.
                                WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                                @thewheeluminati

Comment

Working...
                                X