Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 BMW E30 restoration project. And more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BACK TO THE BMW!
    I sold the Nardi wheel to make a bit of cash so the BMW has been in various places on my farm with mole grips attached to the steering column.

But thankfully bought this, was a bargain, the centre is a little bit tatty but thats about it. Also in the time I've had it the intake pipe after the MAF had broken down, so the car wouldn't run at all. Took a bit of finding, partly because the car has an E36 318is head and things. But worked out what i was looking for. It came this morning so I'll stick that on a bit later.

Plans have changed a little bit with the car. I've had a lot of interest from people wanting to buy it how it is. But I couldn't let that happen! Just sorting out these few running issues and then I will stick it through an MOT, I can 100% guarantee that it is going to fail, but it will give me some idea of how much work it needs. I don't want to go ahead and spray it, to then find out I can't afford to get it on the road.
    If the MOT things are sortable I will do that, spray it, and then start sprucing up the interior. I've found a few dashes and sorts. I really want to get rid of the dutty Recaros though.

I'm struggling with finding forum classifieds and things related to the E30 so any help would be great, cheers!

Comment

More BMW updates

I stuck a battery on it and put it through an MOT, mainly to find out the problems I needed to sort out and see whether it was spending the money on paint etc. Unsurprisingly it failed. The main problem was all the the rear brake lines and front to back line. As well as a few niggly little things like lights and tires.
      So I cracked on and started trying to sort it out...

I ended up having to remove the whole rear end just to access the brake lines, a massive PITA.
      This is as far as I've got now...

I'm going to tidy up the rear end whilst I'm at it, It seems silly not to. So I need to strip it all down and order new bushes etc...
      More to come.

Comment

Working...
      X